[3.3] HeiroFat: the Pen Is Mightier (HC, All Content, Perm IC, Boss Killer)

Ye did mean anger regarding auras, transitioned from a totem build to this. Still currently use banquet ring as it is the only way for me to generate endurance charges consistently. I feel hierophant just offers the best of both worlds in regards to survivability and having enough damage to do the fights
"
Deadscale wrote:
"
Madzak wrote:
Spoiler
I looked at your various alternative setups, but I still don't know which one to pick. I'm in beastiary softcore and my budget is sort of limitless (I have 200ex+ in currency) and have items like HH, 6L Lorewave etc. already. Anyone know which setup would the best possible for this build?

Basically I would love a perfected PoB setup that balances defense and dps. Bare in mind that I am in softcore so one death would not be fatal, but if I want to lvl to high 90s I don't want to die much at all, so I still want it to be extremely safe. I would love if I could farm uber elder on this even if I suck at gaming.

Looking forward to any replies.
Spoiler

Check the second post in the threads profile, that's his friend who has a more fleshed out version of the build.

I haven't plugged it into PoB yet, but i'd wager Abyss jewel gear + HH. Life + Mana on all your jewels where you can, You need to pick up some attack speed jewels until you're hitting 4aps, Res jewels to cover what you're missing, a Watcher's Eye with 3 Anger mods (Leech + Pen + Fire Damage), then just fill in the last slots increased fire damage jewels for all your leftover slots.

Volatile Dead enchant (+1 corpses) is a must on your helmet.

The ring setup is pretty much set in stone as Anger gives you a ton of damage with the watcher's eye jewel, and the Perma IC setup is build around Romira's.

Amulet wise Xophs is probably the best but I've yet to see how it looks against a decent Elder one sp that may be an option. (Fire damage leech + Recover % of Mana on spell use sounds pretty good for a MoM Fire build).

If you're running all 3 abyss gear with +2 sockets your links are going to be a bit of a pain.

You still want two sets of Poet's Pens for single target/mapping.

Single Target = VD - Conc - Fire Pen / Unearth - GMP - IC
Mapping = VD - IC - (Conc* / Ele Focus*) / Unearth - GMP - Bodyswap
Frenzy - Faster Attacks - Culling strike - Curse on Hit - Flammability/Enfeeble
Flame Dash - Faster Casting
Anger in Essence Worm
Lightpoacher setup (I like Pierce + Faster Projectiles).

Those are really all you need, you've got an extra slot left in your chest so you can either smack Blind onto Frenzy (not really needed IMO), and you can add a Decoy Totem for protecting Shaper in the Elder fight, or a CWDT + Golem setup. the utility part is up to you.

That's what i'd do if i was going for end-game stuff.

* For the Mapping Pen, Conc Effect gives you slightly more damage when mapping, Ele focus gives you slightly more AoE, Personally i really don't see much difference between the two when mapping as they're practically the same.

Thanks for your reply. I did check that guy's profile. However, he has his frenzy attack in gloves that are not insanity etc. so I didn't feel like I was looking at someone who had truly min-maxed this build. I guess I was wondering if someone actually had a PoB with "dream gear". OPs dream gear list is still empty.
Last edited by Madzak on Mar 30, 2018, 10:25:49 AM
The dream gear section is empty because so many variants have been discovered. People are playing with Indigon (tons of damage) with Zerphi's (or without), the marauder versions, and more. I'm not sure there's a 100% best setup. Instead, you should decide what your goals are for the character and optimize towards those. I, personally, wanted something that could do all the content in the game safely (HC). The heiro version achieves that (still no uber elder spawn sadly). If I were in SC, I'd consider lots of other setups as well. There is a lot more access to watcher's eyes and uber elder gear, which enables even more variations. As an aside, I've been testing a version that uses a +1 belt and drops the 12 points by the marauder endurance charge node to pick up more regen. This <href>https://pastebin.com/QkhQjbdd</href> build can run RF with Pens equipped (pretty neat).

Honestly, I'm not sure what the final form of this looks like. The Jugg version is very tempting as well. You lose 150 flat free mana and 10% mom, so your health pool is probably in the 8-10k range rather than the 9-12k range, but you can generate your endurance charges using Scold's Bridle (lots of spell damage) and a watcher's eye or piece of gear that converts physical to elemental damage. This opens up the ring slot that Romira's uses. You could also just drop MoM and have about 8k pure HP using Kaom's with auras, but this is a large loss of defenses unless you run purities, which means no anger.
"
Ye did mean anger regarding auras, transitioned from a totem build to this. Still currently use banquet ring as it is the only way for me to generate endurance charges consistently. I feel hierophant just offers the best of both worlds in regards to survivability and having enough damage to do the fights

That's more-so why i said if you're going to be dropping both the rings and MoM that juggernaut is going to be better when it comes to survivability and about equal in terms of damage.

If you keep MoM Heiros pretty good, you're getting +10% conversion ontop of MoM, ailment immunity and if you keep the ring you've got power/endurance charge cycling for IC, if you're dropping MoM you're only getting a free level 1 arcane surge + ailment immunity, running the 10% damage conversion can be a bitch sketchy if you're running 2 auras down to 25%, but it's a nice bonus,

However you compare that to Juggernaut which nets you 5% reduced damage, cannot be stunned and 8% elemental damage reduction + chaos resist per charge (the physical damage parts are somewhat irrelevant as you're using IC) and without MoM they're not really comparable.

The main downside with juggernaut is that charge generation isn't as consistent because you're not cycling charges constantly based on your attacks, it's when you get hit so you'd either need to manually cast IC with increased duration and time it when you're gaining charges from damage to not run out or have some type of Eye of Innocence/Scold's Bridle setup for self damage.

"
Madzak wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I did check that guy's profile. However, he has his frenzy attack in gloves that are not insanity etc. so I didn't feel like I was looking at someone who had truly min-maxed this build. I guess I was wondering if someone actually had a PoB with "dream gear". OPs dream gear list is still empty.

Insanity gloves are a good option but i wouldn't go as far as to say they're BiS, the main reason you'd use them is to give you a 4L Frenzy with Curse on Hit + Curse + Cull and a baked in Faster Attacks support, that's nice but it's not exactly mandatory, other builds use this to fit something like a Kaom's in and still have the 5L frenzy + curse on hit setup, but this build is more-so focused around MoM + Immortal Call and surviving. Aslong as you're getting near to 4 aps (and not going over) you're doing fine when it comes to Poet's Pens.

My 6 Abyss jewel setup was more akin to the survivability concept, Life + Mana on every jewel is going to give you an absurd amount of EHP and since we're wanting to use a Loreweave we can keep a 5L Frenzy up just fine. Or you can slap on Insanity gloves and run Cremation in your chest, there are a lot of options.

That's kinda why he's said the dream gear section is Empty as there's a lot left to be discovered and to that end I'd like to thank Silver for posting this build, It may not be as fleshed out as others but that's more-so because nothing is set in stone. The three focuses of the build are running Perma IC via Romira's, Using Poet's Pens and stacking Life+Mana with MoM to give you some insane survivability, everything else is secondary.

You don't need to run Volatile Dead, you could swap a couple passives around and run Glacial Cascade/Frostbolt if you wanted, or Ball Lightning/Kinetic Blast. you can run Death's Door boots + Immune to poison pantheon and be pretty much immune to everything, you can run an essence worm with anger or drop it for an impresence to run with a flammability setup so you've got a free ring slot.

And as said you can even go further off and drop MoM entirely, swap to Juggernaut and run Indigon for some insane damage, the build as it stands is more like a template or an idea, and you can build onto it however you like.
Last edited by Deadscale on Mar 30, 2018, 12:11:20 PM
What do you think of later on going out of the staring points, changeing to go out with reg mana/life points and pick up heart of the flame instead?
I could be wrong, but my impression was that cooldown reduction gear (belt and boots) made it possible to get more spells per sec, so you want to hit the sweet spot on APS. Or will this screw up IC rotation in this build?
"
Madzak wrote:
I could be wrong, but my impression was that cooldown reduction gear (belt and boots) made it possible to get more spells per sec, so you want to hit the sweet spot on APS. Or will this screw up IC rotation in this build?

If you get CDR on gear Yeah you can, If you look back a bit on Page 11 there's some more info on IC being in the rotation, AFAIK it doesn't screw it up when IC is on Cooldown it just skips over it, that being said you don't want to go over the aps or you'll be losing out on a decent amount of DPS.
Its easier to check the marauder build list and view RicoKgbs life mjolner for the aps conversation. Its one we had for the last 8 months b/c the build uses similar procs so he has extensive tables detailing target aps and CDRS needed.
Hello im linking the gear that i have and i would like to ask what i should focus now to get to make build more stronger?
Spoiler
"
pkownzs wrote:
Hello im linking the gear that i have and i would like to ask what i should focus now to get to make build more stronger?
Spoiler

my gear so far :

5APS is always better then <4APS, so I think u should focus on the amulet cheapest ones first I believed then cooldown reduction last the helmet around +2ex

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info