[3.3] HeiroFat: the Pen Is Mightier (HC, All Content, Perm IC, Boss Killer)

Or use this setup and run flammability. Then you can remove fire pen and add a better support like conc effect eliminating the need to use weapon swap. Doing this you gain damage but lose out on your enfeeble setup.
Last edited by Yuckmouth on Mar 28, 2018, 4:16:11 AM
I played RicoKGBs mjolner build for 6 months, I was probally byfar the most frequent poster after Rico in that thread. I spent my 1st 2-3 months below 4.5 cyclone APS with no cooldown recovery speed gear and my last 3 months with 4.7 cyclone APS and a 20% CDRS shaped belt for the optimal 5 discharges per second.

Yes the 5th discharge was better dps but it was barely even noticable feel wise playing, that build is basically the same as this, its strength is its immortality, it doesnt matter if it takes 45 or 48 seconds to kill a guardian if you have 0 chance of dying who cares.

If you pass on Bubonic Trail on this build and go Death's Door and then use the minor pantheon for poison immunity you are literally immune to every single thing that exists outside of curses, and the combined hp between your mana and life is silly.

I wont concern myself with aps or cooldown recovery speed on this one, going to stay with an stygian vise and a t1 life/mana/fire dmg to spells jewel and just rock deaths door and that shakari pantheon to ignore all game mechanics. 100% watch netflix in the background while I map mode.
Last edited by JCOH35 on Mar 28, 2018, 7:03:36 AM
Alright, that was nice and easy to test.

IC does not take a spot in the cooldown rotation while it is on cooldown.

The 3.8ish APS is the goal. (4.7ish (0.21 attack time) with 20% CDR)

Tested with IC and Summon Raging spirits. Keeping an eye on the number of spirits while attacking.

The sequence with IC first then SRS slotted in the links:
These fits with each attack (3.27 aps in hideout)
IC - SRS(1) - SRS(2) - SRS(3) - SRS(4) - SRS(5) - SRS(6) - SRS(7) - SRS(8) - SRS(9) - IC - SRS(10) and so on.

0.31 attack time.

Once for IC. 0.31 (IC now on CD)
Then 9 for SRS (9 * 0.31 = 2.79s)
another for IC (Attack time since last IC is now past 3 seconds 2.79 + 0.31 = 3.1)
Then back to SRS

This also means that there is no loss of DPS for the 3.8 APS with a weaponswap for bosses doing
Unearth - GMP - IC
VD - Conc - Fire Pen

VD will eat 4 (With enchant) corpses each cast, leaving a single corpse up per cast, meaning there will be leftovers for the single CD where IC procs.
"
Rinani wrote:
Alright, that was nice and easy to test.

IC does not take a spot in the cooldown rotation while it is on cooldown.

The 3.8ish APS is the goal. (4.7ish (0.21 attack time) with 20% CDR)

Tested with IC and Summon Raging spirits. Keeping an eye on the number of spirits while attacking.

The sequence with IC first then SRS slotted in the links:
These fits with each attack (3.27 aps in hideout)
IC - SRS(1) - SRS(2) - SRS(3) - SRS(4) - SRS(5) - SRS(6) - SRS(7) - SRS(8) - SRS(9) - IC - SRS(10) and so on.

VD will eat 4 (With enchant) corpses each cast, leaving a single corpse up per cast, meaning there will be leftovers for the single CD where IC procs.

Thank you for testing this. i had planned to do it when I got home from travelling later this week. Good to confirm that the IC really only takes up a support gem slot and doesn't mess up the cast rotation too much.
Great build levelling was a treat...

Curious what jewels people are running?
Could someone please take a look what items i shall improve on and why? My budget atm is ca. 500c

Cleared all t14 maps with bonus completion now and looking forward to t15, guardians and at the end shaper. Was thinking about Xoph's Blood but then i need to swap a lot of items due to resistances and dexterity.

Thanks.
"
JCOH35 wrote:
I played RicoKGBs mjolner build for 6 months, I was probally byfar the most frequent poster after Rico in that thread. I spent my 1st 2-3 months below 4.5 cyclone APS with no cooldown recovery speed gear and my last 3 months with 4.7 cyclone APS and a 20% CDRS shaped belt for the optimal 5 discharges per second.

I have been a long term Mjolner player myself. I started working on this build last league as a similar one with a bigger HP pool and higher damage output. Honestly, I feel that loreweave is really what pushes this build over the line. My one concern had been that there was no way to get purities into the build to help mitigate big elemental hits (like shaper beam). As it stands now, shaper beam does 15700 damage, which we take 20% of. 3100 damage per second for 3 seconds just isn't enough to kill us, even if we facetank it (still wise not to do this).
"
Durza1985 wrote:
Could someone please take a look what items i shall improve on and why? My budget atm is ca. 500c

Thanks.

Your single biggest upgrade is a helm with the VD enchant. That is a 33% more multiplier on VD. Not sure how much those go for at the moment.
"
"
JCOH35 wrote:

I have been a long term Mjolner player myself. I started working on this build last league as a similar one with a bigger HP pool and higher damage output. Honestly, I feel that loreweave is really what pushes this build over the line. My one concern had been that there was no way to get purities into the build to help mitigate big elemental hits (like shaper beam). As it stands now, shaper beam does 15700 damage, which we take 20% of. 3100 damage per second for 3 seconds just isn't enough to kill us, even if we facetank it (still wise not to do this).

Ya this is the 1st build ive played since his that actually feels safe to take from the low 90s towards 100. I have the 80 resist loreweave in place and have double 40+% resists on my helm, hands and waist enabling me to use deaths door boots and still be about 20-30% overcapped on resists.

With the shakari pantheon im immune to bleed/poison/all elemental ailments and im using brine king for stun protection. Im switching my potions over to /warding b/c curses will literally be the only thing that can land on me.

The only downside for me is I occasionally get a little nauseous from bodyswap, that constant teleporting after awhile gives me a head/stomach ache.
"
JCOH35 wrote:

The only downside for me is I occasionally get a little nauseous from bodyswap, that constant teleporting after awhile gives me a head/stomach ache.

I, personally, don't have a problem with it, but I know that others get a little ill with bodyswap. I'd recommend just taking it out. You can run rotgut (or just a quicksilver) and enjoy a more natural mapping experience. Yes, it'll be a bit slow, as even bodyswap is slow compared to the speed demon builds that are popular today, but it'll be easy on the eyes when bodyswap feels bad.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info