[3.4] Pasta's Dex Stacking Build Crit(Barrage/Scourge Arrow LA/TS/Ice Shot) All Content Viable

"
SimplPrimate wrote:
I hate to be "that guy" but is there any chance you could break the tree down into 4 or 5 leveling trees for those of us that are really horrible about knowing what to do first through the end as we level.

That would be awesome!!

This is for the no Lioneye's Fall tree

Part one

Part Two

Part Three

Part Four

Final
Last edited by PastaAdventures on Mar 18, 2018, 10:58:30 AM
For those despairing about the bow price - just play without it.

1) you have to get a pretty good few rolls on one to make it actually significantly better than, for example, a Windripper (i'm still running my Windripper for T10-T12 farming atm because it is like 90% of the damage with my average Dex bow ( has shaped crit roll and crafted ias, and that's it).

2) the prices for them atm are absolutely not appropriate. Especially if you are looking for the Shaper mod itself, people are overpricing because many have realized the potential now, but i repeat - you need an actually GOOD bow with that mod to be actually a lot better than uniques.

3) the core of the build is the quiver and the other uniques/stat rares supporting it. That's where the majority of the damage comes from, a Shaper's bow is just the 100% optimal bow for it, but not necessary at all to get started and farm red maps comfortably!

A suggestion on how to progress this build from scratch itemwise:

-Grab a well-rolled Hyrri's Bite base (they are absolutely dirt cheap, i got my 95% perfect rolled one for like 1 alch a week ago, they still start at like 1 chrome now), get the prophecy and upgrade it when you can, which is much, much cheaper than getting a well-rolled Demise.

- With the quiver in hand you can now grab the next 2 items on the list that will significantly improve the build: Astramentis and Cylopean Coil. Bad rolls go for about 15-20c/1 alch respectively, good rolls 20-25+c/5-10c respectively. Not very expensive, and a big investment early on.

- Next steps after that: Head and Bow. For head pieces there are many options, a cheap and good one is a high Dex roll Starkonja. But you can even simply go with a good rare with lots of Dex, Life and some resistances, will make your life a bit easier early on to balance them, and transition later on when you have the currency for great res rings/boots.

For the Bow you can pick many different unique versions before going for a Shaper's. Nuro's, any high elemental damage bow, Windripper all work fine, if you change the build a bit around to grab some more phys conversion (such as Winter Spirit) you can roll with a phys base too, like a Lioneye's or Death's Opus. ANY of them will serve you just fine until well into late yellow/early red maps as long as you build appropriately for them.

- Last 2 major upgrades before going for a Shaper's: Gloves and Lioneye's Fall / jewels.
Oskarm are great, but relatively expensive - as has been said before in this thread, Fenumus' Weave are a really great cheap alternative, especially if you already have decent crit!

Your last step after this should be to look at your jewels, once you're in the 80s and maxing out your skillpoints slowly, you should optimize what you need on those slots. Lioneye's Fall if you can afford it (if not, just change the build as Pasta indicated, it's not a huge difference). life/resistances/damage as you need them.

After all this is done you should have spent...maaaaybe 5-6 exalt tops and the build can sleepwalk through T10-T13ish or so maps.
I've currently got everything set up with good-ish rolls and an Oskarm/Starkonja and clearing with a Windripper on a 4l (!) with no problems at all in T12 maps right now (oneshotting on clear with LA), and while running Purity/HoI, so just one damage aura, and no Brawn jewels or damage increases, just res/life. Oh, and i'm still only on 3 Ascendancies too (still gotta grab Bleed in Uber).

NOW you should start looking at grabbing a good Shaped bow base (ilvl 75 optimally) and start crafting, or save up to buy a well-rolled one. Not to start with.
A good bow will be your biggest investment and also the biggest upgrade for endgame - but it's not required at all to do just fine!

At the end of the day there are only a few items that are mandatory for the build, as Pasta has said in his OP quite clearly - Hyrri's, AStramentis, Cyclopean. The rest is really up to what you can afford and how you POB it yourself.
Last edited by Miffy23 on Mar 18, 2018, 11:11:11 AM
How is this build for speedy map farming?
"
"
SimplPrimate wrote:
I hate to be "that guy" but is there any chance you could break the tree down into 4 or 5 leveling trees for those of us that are really horrible about knowing what to do first through the end as we level.

That would be awesome!!

This is for the no Lioneye's Fall tree

Part one

Part Two

Part Three

Part Four

Final

Thank you very much!
"
Kaegyn wrote:
How is this build for speedy map farming?

It's a bow build with passive movement modifiers. Do the math :P

Got lucky with some scour alching earlier when testing this build in standard, then 6Led it in 19 fuse.
I've been spectacularly unlucky crafting one myself, but thankfully the build is just fine even without one.

It should really be noted that Windripper for example is totally viable for any endgame map farming on this build. You won't get the spectacular Shaper dps ofc, but regular map bosses will still get deleted and clear will still be great.
Hey guys, is this belt good in this build?

Last edited by Reedgf on Mar 18, 2018, 4:57:15 PM
"
Reedgf wrote:
Hey guys, is this belt good in this build?

A lot less heath, and lose freeze and shock immunity. But if you really need 10% as...
Fucks sake. I'm about 30ex in the hole today trying to craft a bow for this build.

My pre-6L imperial bow will NOT roll the correct mod and the best of the Spine bows I rolled has eaten over 10ex in fusing. I'm about to just bite the bullet on paying Vorici for the 6L, but wanted to know if this bow is actually worth doing that.

Last edited by Kaegyn on Mar 18, 2018, 8:02:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info