[3.9] Pure Phys Skeletons & Friends Necromancer — Beginner/SSF/Budget Build

"
viperesque wrote:
"
MillenniumDH wrote:
Do you think phys dmg reduction buff for enemies have much impact? You could afk through Uber elder and dodge only one shots, probably won't be too much of a hassle still?

Because of armour mechanics and the extreme amount of damage skeles deal per hit, I doubt it will matter much. They'd had to give enemies hundreds of thousands of armour to start affecting our damage by a noticeable amount. And frankly, this build can afford to lose a lot of damage before it become a problem. I ended up with about 7 mil Shaper DPS with my relatively average SSF gear this league. I don't think I'd even notice if I lost half of that, and it sounds like we're only going to lose 20% or so.

Thank you for the fast update.

I am now playing summoner for the first time, and have one question as Zombies got nerfed. Would it be worth it to change Zombies til a 3 link and give Spectre a 4-link for higher clear speed?
Is there any reason to go pure physical/brutality?
It seems that there is very cheap way to get significantly more damage, if you go with stuff like: grip of the council (20% as chaos), spirit offering (~+30% as chaos), unholy might from tree (30% chaos), hatred (25% cold).
There are some minor drawbacks, like reserving mana for hatred, or issues with uptime of unholy might, but still it should be significant damage gain with very little cost.
Brutality seems difficult to justify or am I missing someting here.
so I tried this build and the dps is pretty good, but my minions don't last against ele dmg mobs, did I do something wrong? like i'm using all passives but they keep dying to ele dmg
why avoiding grave intent and es?
Why kill bandits?
"
ThatPoppy wrote:
Why kill bandits?

Minion builds benefit most from extra passives, you really wanna get them to buff your minions via passive tree nodes.
Have you considered going clarity to get a free flask spot?
ok but why do you avoid the es and take weak inc min dam node?
"
zxl123 wrote:
I never played minions before, can someone please tell me why brutality on zombies and skellies instead of something like multistrike or anything else, so we can get extra damage out of our spirit offering?
Is it just to keep the pure phys theme or there is something I'm missing?

There is couple of reason to go this route, now when I think about it.
This build uses mom, and that means you don't really want to reserve mana, thats why no hatred. Adding it yields more damage, but really not that much if you have to replace brutality gem with other weaker gem. Now even less with new awakened brutality which is even stronger (-10% enemy physical reediction and 64% more dmg vs 59 old).
Same goes for stuff like offering. Flesh offering adds very much needed movement speed as well as attack speed, both to you and minions (because of necro passive we chose). So damage loss vs spirit offering is mitigated there by attack speed, but movement speed bonuses have its own value that is not reflected in dps number.
Other things like unholy might from tree, uptime of this will be really bad, as you constantly resummon skeletons, and they only have chance to get it on kill.
Finally last little bonus is you don't care about ele reflect, you only need to pay attention to maps with phys reflect roll. Not a huge deal, but always nice to have.

Also as for zombies, they are mostly here for your personal taunt wall, meatshield makes them stay on you if you dont get near boss.
I'm thinking after hp nerf, if thers problem with them dying, giving them life leech support could go really long way.
Last edited by aerial on Dec 12, 2019, 3:46:55 AM
hi, still deciding between a lot of builds for my starter - I wanted to ask if Skellys need accuracy in some way?

thanks
IGN: FluffyMetamorph

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info