[3.9] Pure Phys Skeletons & Friends Necromancer — Beginner/SSF/Budget Build

"
ZeroCloud wrote:

Are you saying that if a skeleton kills a monster on the first hit that it must continue with hit 2 and 3 animation and time before it moves to another target? I haven't found a source that details this scenario.

It is my own experience. They stay and fight air for 2 more hits.
And it's cause of multistrike mechanics, we can not to finish all 3hits cause of action interruption mechanic, but skeletons haven't it, so they will continue shadow fighting
Last edited by Uoykai on Sep 18, 2019, 6:33:40 PM
I have just acquired this helmet:

Would it be worth it to replace Brutality with Melee Physical Damage and self-cast Spirit Offering instead of Flesh Offering?

PoB says it's slightly more DPS for my golem and skeletons, and it gives me extra ES too, but maybe there's something else I haven't considered.

What to improve next?
5.5k life, 1.5k shield, 1.5k mana
A lot of resistance.

"
joshagarrado wrote:
I have just acquired this helmet:

Would it be worth it to replace Brutality with Melee Physical Damage and self-cast Spirit Offering instead of Flesh Offering?

PoB says it's slightly more DPS for my golem and skeletons, and it gives me extra ES too, but maybe there's something else I haven't considered.

I spent a long time considering whether to go pure phys with Brutality and Flesh Offering or instead go EB without Brutality and with Spirit Offering (and Hatred, Flesh to Stone and Dread Banner).

At the time, I plugged my terrible SSF gear into PoB and tried to maximise both builds and found they both ended up with very similar dps and eHP (I didn't factor in possible helm enchants). I ultimately chose to go the EB+Spirit Offering route because I wanted the additional auras (FtS and DB) for defense, as well as the extra minion defense (ES and res) for high tier maps. I've also pathed slightly differently to pick up the ES/Life nodes to the east of Witch alongside EB and Wicked Ward.

(edit: I also wanted to add that while I know minion movement speed can be very important in terms of effective dps, I feel that the Flesh Offering movement speed may be less required now that we have movement speed from Feeding Frenzy)

There are a few others doing similar EB builds on poe.ninja, including an interesting one that is using Devouring Diadem + a Trigger socketed skills weapon with desecrate and spell cascade socketed.

I'm curious to hear other thoughts on this in hopes of min/maxing the build.
Last edited by serenitylost on Sep 19, 2019, 7:27:41 AM
So, Multistrike and Melee Splash (AoE) or Ruthless and Melee Splash (AoE)?

Would appreciate the feedback.
Hi, thanks for the build !
i tried many summoner builds during leveling and i didnt appreciated any except this one :)
First i found skeletons bad because we needed to raise them all time... then with 'from dust' jewel, it became really better !!!

Everything is going well ! even physical reflect map :)
i'm doing zana with yellow tier map...

Right now i just saving some money for really nice convoking wands :) then a +3 bone elder helmet...

The big questions i'm wondering now is shall i switch into mage skeletons with 'dead reckoning'...
do you have an opinion on this ? i think/know that it's a bit a different build so but seems very easy to switch...

thanks !!!
What are the other specters options if i use Victarios for charges generations? Thanks!
Last edited by axelw on Sep 20, 2019, 10:22:41 AM
Any crafting guide/info on how to get a nice convoking wand?
Decent build. Shaper feels like a joke. You can just run whatever map you want and just eradicate all content. And all on a budget.

My cheapo gear so far:
Spoiler

Last edited by kreedzfreak on Sep 20, 2019, 11:11:14 AM
"
BlackHao wrote:
So, Multistrike and Melee Splash (AoE) or Ruthless and Melee Splash (AoE)?

Would appreciate the feedback.

loving this build and also wondering the above, was thinking of dropping brutality to run hatred in an essence worm ring which got me thinking if I did that which of the above would be the most feasible for dmg output
~ If it moves, kill it ~

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info