[3.3] Spellomancer ascended. Face tank stuff. Use almost any spell, you like.

so, i have 80 lvl and still dont have enought damage, can u see what i do wrong? login for path of building Alonlystalker, character BrokenFaceTank.
"
Alonlystalker wrote:
so, i have 80 lvl and still dont have enought damage, can u see what i do wrong? login for path of building Alonlystalker, character BrokenFaceTank.

Enough dmg for what? What content r u doing with that char right now? I dont see anything bad on ur gear or tree. For lvl 80 u should do fine.

in tier 12+ maps its hard to kill bosses.
Last edited by Alonlystalker on Apr 13, 2018, 6:04:50 AM
"
Alonlystalker wrote:

in tier 12+ maps its hard to kill bosses.

Ok, so 2 things. 1st, on average u r not supposed to do t12+ with lvl 82 and lvl 18 gems. Good rule of thumb for mid to high tier maps is to stay 4-6 lvls over the lvl of mobs. It is even safe to go up to 8 lvls, still get 100% exp.

And 2nd, that is why i have cremation setup. Helps with bosses, cuz i also felt, that VD alone was sometimes not enough.
Hi

Im new to the game and im playing it on xbox gogogo its awesome! I mean the game is awesome.

I got some questions I have tried a few things to get some idea of how the game works and what i can expect probably nothing yet, but i found your guid and i think its awwesome and it looks like something i want to try out, so i got my scion and i want to go for scorching ray!

do I still use the gear from witch-necro and adapt it for the spell block?
nr2 if i change a few things i see you do not have 1 extra curse in you passive so the 2x curse cast on damage taken wont do me any good, options or just chuck in the passive.

And can I get some more specific options what to pick in my ascendancy since i dont really know exactly yet what you talk about "noob alert". I am lvl 35 and i have not done anthing not recoverable followed passives in your scorching ray link. Im very happy atm with how things are going and for my level knowledge of the game i like to see things melt on my screen, btw i did get a necro to lvl60 when i realized, okay scion is the way to go.
"
Noirlune wrote:

do I still use the gear from witch-necro and adapt it for the spell block?

Yes.
"
Noirlune wrote:

nr2 if i change a few things i see you do not have 1 extra curse in you passive so the 2x curse cast on damage taken wont do me any good, options or just chuck in the passive.

3 options here. Get the passive. Get an item with +1 curse. Dont use 2nd curse. All is good.
"
Noirlune wrote:

And can I get some more specific options what to pick in my ascendancy since i dont really know exactly yet what you talk about "noob alert".

Inquisitor, chieftain, juggernaut, gladiator, pathfinder or trickster r ur secondary options.
Was looking for a tanky spell caster and this build is certainly that. You mention jugg for extra tankiness, but did you look at trickster for extra clear? Subbing out ele focus for chance to ignite and you get 50% increased recovery of life and mana after most kills, the equivalent of a level 16 clarity if you've used a movement skill, 15% chance for 50% added chaos, and frenzies during mapping. Wouldn't even need to change out gems for the SR setup. Seems pretty good, but obviously boss damage would suffer.

Edit: Been going with firestorm, not sure how VD/cremation would work with that. Really enjoying the build in Flashback. With all these extra rippy mods everywhere, it's been very nice.
Last edited by pizza_baby on May 19, 2018, 9:27:12 PM
"
Was looking for a tanky spell caster and this build is certainly that. You mention jugg for extra tankiness, but did you look at trickster for extra clear? Subbing out ele focus for chance to ignite and you get 50% increased recovery of life and mana after most kills, the equivalent of a level 16 clarity if you've used a movement skill, 15% chance for 50% added chaos, and frenzies during mapping. Wouldn't even need to change out gems for the SR setup. Seems pretty good, but obviously boss damage would suffer.

Edit: Been going with firestorm, not sure how VD/cremation would work with that. Really enjoying the build in Flashback. With all these extra rippy mods everywhere, it's been very nice.

That is why i say, that inquisitor can be swapped for any other ascendancy of ur preference. I just love the status immunity on consecrated ground. 1 life flask of staunching and 1 sulphur of warding and u got everything covered. And together with ascendancy and gifts from above u have 6% life regen 99% of the time.

However, scion going to trickster and using shadow starting point opens up usage of chaos skills. U could have always used them, but the tree was so inefficient because of travel range to shadow. Scion fixes all of that.
Hey!

I played witch version of this build a couple leagues back and loved it! Trying out the scion version I have a question: Why not take the unwavering stance. It is close enough and is way more consistent than brine king on HC. This also opens up the blood rage + arakali combo. Seems very solid for this build unless it was nerfed and I didn't get the memo?
"
BForm wrote:
Hey!

I played witch version of this build a couple leagues back and loved it! Trying out the scion version I have a question: Why not take the unwavering stance. It is close enough and is way more consistent than brine king on HC. This also opens up the blood rage + arakali combo. Seems very solid for this build unless it was nerfed and I didn't get the memo?

What got nerfed is the effect of offering on u. Arakaali was multiplying that. So now i just feel there is not enough benefit for the drawback. Which is: 3 skill points, what can easy be a jewel socket; gem slot for BR; and of the draining effect of BR.

Maybe with high end gear, as i has with my witch, would be ok to use. Before that i wouldn't do it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info