[3.3] CI Wandcultist - League starter - Fast mapper - Guardians on a 5L - Shaper down

Hi Bristoling :)

Thank you very much for this detailed and thoughtful build. I am still a relative noob, this being my 3rd league that I've actually put effort into and this is my first wander. I am in love! I also love witches and occultist/energy shield in general and with the incursions this league, it's going very well.

I have a couple questions, with a disclaimer: I am pretty slow to pick up on the interactions between skills/buffs/stats etc so if something I ask is painfully obvious please bear with me.

1. How much should I be valuing accuracy? I have some but I don't know enough to tell how much of a difference it makes and I am still in low-ish maps so it may not matter that much YET.

2. I noticed that you spec out of the Melding ES wheel and I'm guessing it's because of more ES on jewels/taking more jewel slots on the tree? How is that feeling for higher tier maps and bosses?

3. I am in the process of 6 linking a Beast Fur Shawl and I'm wondering if I can skip some ES on jewels for more offensive ones once I'm able to use it. The ES regen seems like it will be amazing but I don't have experience with it yet.

To anyone struggling while leveling, please stick with it. The build really starts to shine after level 68+ and is a joy to play.

Again, thank you very much for the effort put into this guide. MANY guide makers could take a few lessons from your helpfulness and patience in responses.

Take care!
Thanks very much :) I'll try to answer the best that I can.

1. As long as you have 89% or more you should be fine, accuracy is great but difference between 90 and 93% isn't that great. Especially if you run lower tier maps now and again (be it for master missions, chaining Burial Chambers, filling out Atlas or anything else) then even 85% accuracy on your character sheet will be enough. Still, I'd aim for 90% or more if you can.

2. Yeah, I got a few gear changes/upgrades and also was able to afford some nicer jewels, and so far I haven't been truly one shot yet, so just trying to keep it above 7k. If you struggle for ES, then it's still definately a solid pick and before I got the currency for jewels, I had my points there.

3. Entirely depends on what content you want to do. Up to tier 12, you should be fine with 6-6.5k (and that is only required for bosses, for the map itself even 5.5k is enough). Higher tiers you might want to eventually get up to 7k and over. Also depends on the boss of the map, Carcass even as a T15 is a joke, but Lair T11 can almost one shot you if you aren't careful.
My build guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180198

Taking a break from PoE, catch me up in Warframe: https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=5b625847f2f2eb0ea0750322
Use above link for free booster when you sign up! :)
Last edited by Bristoling on Jun 9, 2018, 7:01:37 PM
"
Bristoling wrote:
Thanks very much :) I'll try to answer the best that I can.

Sounds like I'm on mostly the right track! The poe.trade wand search explanation a few posts back was awesome. I found a very nice upgrade from it for 5c. :)

Thanks again
"
Catemonster wrote:
GR does work with new Vaal Pact. It was disabled for the old instant version.

Oh, I see. Thanks.

"
Look at Ghost Reaver, top right. :)

I know what ghost reaver exactly does. But if you saw in the manifesto development in which I quoted and linked earlier, it says "Vaal Pact - This keystone will no longer affect Energy Shield in any way.(...)"

But as Catemonster pointed out, these changes were reverted on 3.1.
Last edited by The_Guardian on Jun 9, 2018, 10:08:18 PM
great build.

im using energy from within instead poachers aim.
i have now 6800 es.

i guess i could find a better wand.

what are your thoughts?

Last edited by asdfgah on Jun 10, 2018, 6:25:35 AM
My current gear having a blast in maps - though still trying to get past tier10 maps but t11 wont drop (stupid rng)

The boots enchant is reaaaaally good - boost my dps by a lot which is quite handy for bossfights where always stupid mobs are around to be killed ^^. Chest is awesome - belt could be better (ES instead of Life but fck that! :D) The next upgrade will be a better wand and a second ring with ED and hopefully ES..

@asdfgah: I would change the rings first and stick to your wand for now..boots, amu and shield afterwards...the belt is quite nice to stack ES. I rather use a stygian vise for the socket because I went an other route in the skilltree and only have 1 passive assigned to a jewelslot right now (will get them after lvl90)

All in all a pretty fun build to play as I stated several times by now :)

@Bristoling: Did you explain Pantheons anywhere (minor) - for major Arakkali as you mentioned works reallyyyyy well (although I cant use it right now - fck socket colors) ? Do i miss a post here? Currently using Tukohama - would switch to Ralakesh when using BR - right?
Last edited by xXNightsageXx on Jun 10, 2018, 8:42:48 AM

I've poured some exalteds into it and everything just melts, I know there's room for improvement but I can't tell what exatally. Thank You for the build, it was a excruciating pain to level it but once a got to level 68 it went as smooth as butter. Also, Pure Talent is a hell of jewel, it solved all my problems and when I get to level 90 I'll drop the movement speed nodes to link the tree into ranger's starting point.
@asdfgah
You wand has good stats but bad base :) So like Nightsage said you might as well hold on to it but look for some new rings with some flat damage or inc. elemental.

@Nightsage
I must have forgotten to add them :D I'm using Garukhan just for the movement speed, but for T16 either Tukohama or Gruthkul will work fine.

@Macacodo
Not the biggest fan of that wand, I think you could do better, and probably for cheaper. The shield is really nice though. Getting a nice lab enchant on boots is always a great idea, also, some of the jewels could be better. Don't stress about it though, overall it looks very solid :)
My build guides:

Taking a break from PoE, catch me up in Warframe: https://www.warframe.com/signup?referrerId=5b625847f2f2eb0ea0750322
I love this build! I think I'm getting a 6L Beast Fur Shawl today but am struggling to find many more upgrades. My accuracy is 87% which I'm not a fan of. I'm used to running Lycosidae in this kind of build. I have a 10ex budget for upgrades if that says anything... Could you share a poe.trade search query for what a BiS chest piece would look like? Also, is dying sun still something I should look for with all the skill changes?

Edit: Well then... there are no 6L fur shawls for sale, let alone in the colors I need. Only 3 5L at this time too :/
*Never forgetting how good this game looked at 32:9 instead of 1/3 of my screen being black bars.*
Last edited by weveran on Jun 10, 2018, 2:16:39 PM
Dying Sun is still BiS flask for pure dps (and clear), but if you want to use Wise Oak with it you might need to look into getting your light res seriously overcapped. Although Atziri's is also great and doesn't share the same drawback. Vinktar is also an option but you'll need a suffix on your flask for shock immunity. Diamond, Dying Sun, Silver, Vinktar and Quicksilver can provide you with bleed freeze and shock immunity if you sacrifice of Adrenaline sufix, and I think that's the biggest dps increase you can get while still having decent movement speed.

I think since the build got more popular (which I didn't expect myself, so thanks everyone for good feedback!) the supply of 6l Beasts gone down, but also its only a start of second week, so be patient. BiS would be high ES Elder Regalia with crit, and those usually cost more then 20 ex.

Once I get back home I'll have a look at your character and try to find some good upgrades within reasonable budge :)

Edit:
Your character: 568k dps 6162 ES

http://poe.trade/search/onikurikoikomo
Get Foul Slicer for 29c. Maybe Ancient Guide for 40.

You can drop Pure Talent leaving you with yet another Abyss jewel slot if you get a Stygian with strength. http://poe.trade/search/oninoteturakur
You are already overcapped on Cold so I'll leave it out. First match I found is 8c belt

Sol Twine
Stygian Vise
=======================
Has 1 Abyssal Socket
+32 to Strength
+42 to maximum Energy Shield
+45% to Fire Resistance
+11% to Lightning Resistance
{crafted}21% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills
total: +32 to Strength
total: +42 to maximum Energy Shield
total: +45% to Fire Resistance

Then you can spec out of 3 points you got to connect to Raider, and put those points into Quickstep and one ES node. You lose 1% movement speed and 16% proj damage but gain 98 ES and 9% attack speed.

I really don't like Slower Proj in KB setup, since it will actually slow down your clearspeed. So look into recolor of the gloves to get Damage on Full Life if you want to keep your wand.
If you aren't attached to your wand, there are a few good picks here http://poe.trade/search/himosinaguhaka
Dragon Chant 40c
Imbued Wand
=======================
35% increased Spell Damage
Adds 6 to 161 Lightning Damage
12% increased Attack Speed
+40% to Lightning Resistance
Damage Penetrates 15% Lightning Resistance
{crafted}25% increased Critical Strike Chance
total: 35% increased Lightning Spell Damage (16.9% more dps)

Morbid Gnarl 15c
Imbued Wand
=======================
36% increased Spell Damage
Adds 11 to 164 Lightning Damage
Adds 12 to 19 Fire Damage to Spells
19% increased Critical Strike Chance
+36% to Lightning Resistance
Damage Penetrates 13% Lightning Resistance
total: 36% increased Lightning Spell Damage (up to 13.6% more dps if you craft 12% attack speed)

There are more wands that can be a bigger upgrade, if you decide to do that. Best is to use a web browser extension so you can copy poe.trade items into PoB and check them out yourself.
The thing about your wand, it does give you free pierce so you can use better dps gems for KB, but your Barrage dps will be bottlenecked by the wand.

What I got after "spending" around 135c (3 jewels, wand for 15c and cost of crafting up to 12% attack speed): https://pastebin.com/YDD4UKNA
748k dps 6398 ES.
My build guides:

Last edited by Bristoling on Jun 10, 2018, 5:20:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info