[3.6] Acid Molten Strike Assassin - Uber Elder-viable Poison Build

If I manage to get a Fenumus' on Delve, how much better is it?

Oh! And is this better than a wasp?
Last edited by Trevix on Oct 3, 2018, 7:53:44 PM
"
Trevix wrote:
If I manage to get a Fenumus' on Delve, how much better is it?

Oh! And is this better than a wasp?
I can't really explain it any better than in the gloves section.
Fenumus' are safer and will let you deal more damage, but you'll deal it over a longer timespan.
If you're not bothered by the poison duration malus, you should probably stick with Volkuur's.

The Claw is better than a Wasp Nest, but not by a lot. You could try to get a lucky Annul and then add an attack speed mastercraft.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Ok, Thanks! I think I'll stay with Volkuur's. Oh, and I managed to get rid of the Ancestral Call support, so now i'll try to get a nice AS roll.

It ended something like this:
Last edited by Trevix on Oct 4, 2018, 1:35:22 PM

iam crafting some stuff before i begin the char, but iam so confused that this claw gives me in PoB -14% poison damage compared to the wasp nest... maybe because i dont have crit-chance?
"
Boloso wrote:

iam crafting some stuff before i begin the char, but iam so confused that this claw gives me in PoB -14% poison damage compared to the wasp nest... maybe because i dont have crit-chance?
Did you forget to change the poison mod? It's 22% better than Wasp on my Volkuurs PoB.
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Oct 5, 2018, 4:19:51 PM
First of all, I wanted to thank you for this guide!
For the first time ever, I decided to play seriously in a league with this build and killed shaper for the very first time.
I got stuck at uber elder, got both shaper and elder down to 50% hp pretty quickly but still don't know the mechanics enough to kill it. (or I'm not dealing damage fast enough)

Also, what should I focus on next after the claw? I don't know at this point what will allow me to increase my damage.

My other concern is that with uber elder, i quickly run out of mana due to significant portion of them being reserved for spider/agony/artic. I end up not being able to shield charge or swing aimless at the air with no MS. What could you recommend to fix this problem? (Other than me playing better, hahahaha)
thank you in advance!
Last edited by mehqntldoql on Oct 5, 2018, 9:10:50 PM
Hello Shepuuurd,

Thanks a lot for your guide. This is my second build on PoE and I love melting everything ! I killed Krugal at 275 depth yesterday, Shaper is next on the list and I'm very confident

I have an issue with the claw as a lot of people it seems:
https://imgur.com/a/4BQv7gw

=> I tried a lot of claws, none beat The Wasp even on your linked PoB.

What am i doing wrong please ?
"
mehqntldoql wrote:
First of all, I wanted to thank you for this guide!
For the first time ever, I decided to play seriously in a league with this build and killed shaper for the very first time.
I got stuck at uber elder, got both shaper and elder down to 50% hp pretty quickly but still don't know the mechanics enough to kill it. (or I'm not dealing damage fast enough)

Also, what should I focus on next after the claw? I don't know at this point what will allow me to increase my damage.

My other concern is that with uber elder, i quickly run out of mana due to significant portion of them being reserved for spider/agony/artic. I end up not being able to shield charge or swing aimless at the air with no MS. What could you recommend to fix this problem? (Other than me playing better, hahahaha)
thank you in advance!
You could still get an enchanted helmet, in the best case fossil-crafted with -9 chaos resistance.
A level 21 Added Chaos Damage should also be affordable.
Another thing you could get would just be a better claw, the best one for you should mainly have 20+% AS and added chaos damage.

If you're having issues with mana you can get one cluster in the skill tree (I recommend Druidic Rite) or maybe remove the supports from Herald of Agony.
While I'm at that topic, you could replace AA + the supports on HoA for Purity of Ice on your setup, that would give you better defenses (cold resist) against Uber Elder.
I did that the first time I fought him.

"
Bushi_ wrote:
Hello Shepuuurd,

Thanks a lot for your guide. This is my second build on PoE and I love melting everything ! I killed Krugal at 275 depth yesterday, Shaper is next on the list and I'm very confident

I have an issue with the claw as a lot of people it seems:
https://imgur.com/a/4BQv7gw

=> I tried a lot of claws, none beat The Wasp even on your linked PoB.

What am i doing wrong please ?
You have to replace the mod with 60% more damage. There's a huge difference between increased and more.
Builds and Guides:
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:

You have to replace the mod with 60% more damage. There's a huge difference between increased and more.

Yeah the more damage note solved it.

Crafted a new one:

the gain % of mod its kinda hard to tell how much DPS it is in the end in Chaos.

Edit: NVM, oversaw its a bleeding mod not poison
Last edited by Boloso on Oct 6, 2018, 1:59:22 PM

These are really annoying to make, and at the end of it I honestly don't know if either is better than Wasp's Nest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info