[3.2] Cows Tectonic Slam Juggernaut / Budget / Uber Farmer / 1.5 mil+ DPS

"
Rake7 wrote:
"
chuottroc wrote:
Could you please take a look at my profile and tell me what should i upgrade to run uberlab, T13~ map? Thanks in advance

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/chuottroc/characters

Hi, i see you already have done some adjustments according to LessCowBell.

What i would advice from here:

- take unbreakable instead of unrelenting. You use ure Endurance Charges, so you won´t have max endurance charges that often. Furthermore, Unbreakable is just much stronger in general.

- upgrade your boots to a pair with higher resists. That would allow you to take high damage rings. Boots with high resists and movementspeed can be quite expensiv. So maybe think about switching to leap slam as movementskill. leap slam only scales with attack speed. but it could be that it feels to slow as long as you use a Ahn`s Might with 1,3 Attack speed.

In general for using Leap Slam and Reave, Tectonic Slam ect. i would advice to use the numlock trick if not done already. i couldn´t play without it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/5p8xox/helpful_easy_way_to_use_attack_in_place_movement/

- as said before, upgrade your rings:

from my experience (can be different for different equipment levels! check in pob for yourself), the most important damage stats are:

* Elemental Damage (Opal Ring + Elemental Damage with Attacks roll)
* Physical Damage
* Accuracy (!) just found this out yesterday while i was looking for my last itemslot. I already had 95% hit chance. But accuracy gives crit chance thanks to oskarms too.
* Attack Speed
* Strength

The first three stats are the strongest by far. Attack Speed and Strength should be just a bonus to other damage stats.
Important to note for damage Rings: I would always try to buy Rings with a open prefix to craft life on them. A good damage ring can be around 1ex, with open prefix for life (or, ofc, already have life crafted on it). The same ring with T1 life roll, would be around 10-20ex.

- upgrading your Jewels should be quite affordable and get you some damage improvements too. my old jewel search:

http://poe.trade/search/inimebagasiwom

i didn´t considered "increased global critical strike multiplier" in this search, because it can only roll from 9-12%, compared to 12-18% for the other multiplier stats. If you take your time buying them, you should get all jewels for around or even less than 30c.

- buy a Ahn`s Might with 6,2+ crit Chance and 342+dps, should be between 1-20c (maybe can take a while to get it for this price, but it shouldn´t be that hard). than colour it the way you need it, buy the beasts you need for 30% quality recipe (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Beastcrafting) and enjoy your new 370+dps 6,2crit sword for around 50c in total

- finally, don´t forget that your next 10 levels will get you either quite some more life or a lot more damage too

Thank you very much, i'm gonna make some changes based on your advices, really appreciate.
"
chuottroc wrote:
Thank you very much, i'm gonna make some changes based on your advices, really appreciate.

Agreed, he has helped me a bunch with the build. I made some changes today and once I hit level 93 i'll be around 2.2 mil dps. And to think, I never expected to crack 750k dps lol...

I hope to get some free time this weekend to look at a few other things. I have about 7ex now so I might go for a chest and ring upgrade.

Edit: Debating swapping multistrike for Concentrated effect, what do you guys think? DPS will go up another 450k
Last edited by LessCowBell on Apr 12, 2018, 10:16:26 PM
Hi!
Thanks for your tips, now i've improved my dps.
As you request, here is my build on pastebin:

https://pastebin.com/xTC2XwBF

Thank you for any help you can give to me!
Ok here is a laundry list of things you can do... Your base dps now is 164k. With my changes its around 450k with just the loss of about 50 life and about 2k armor. Your resistances will all be 75% with no endurance charges. You will be right around 100% with, which is good. It will cost you a tad, but that comes mostly from re-skill orbs and Oskarm gloves. The 7% life/12% crit jewels go for around 5-15c each depending. You will need 3

Skill Tree
1) Drop an endurance charge (+3)
2) Drop twin terror (+3)
3) Drop Finesse (+2)
4) Drop Iron Reflex / Vitality Void (+5)
5) Add winter spirit (-3)
6) Add the mana leech node (-1)
7) Grab the 3 jewels (-6)
8) Grab Aspect of Lynx (-2)
9) Grab 15% crit mult (-1)

Gear
1) Upgrade Ahns if possible. The cost of these went waaaaaay up but you might be able to scoop a 325 DPS for 15c
2) Upgrade helm to an Abyssus. This will be a massive DPS boost
3) Upgrade gloves to Oskarm. Sadly its 60c but its a 33% DPS boost
4) On the offhand, drop the added fire. I tink life or mana leech might be a better option

Gems
1) Move port to weapon set II. Grab enlighten, will really help later in the game once its level 3.
2) Drop Fire pen and added fire damage
3) Add Ruthless/Multistrike for mapping or Ruthless/Concentrated Effect for bossing. Personally I hate concentrated effect but its a big DPS boost over Multi
4) If you need to drop another gem, let it be Molten Shell. I've done lots of testing with it and its not that great unfortinately

Flask
1) Swap Quicksilver to Rotgut. The onslaught is a nice boost for cheap

The rough numbers with all your available buffs
1.42 mil DPS
18k armor
5700 life
https://pastebin.com/rUj4Xs4Q (no buffs but level 20 gems)

Edit: please take these numbers with a grain of salt. I believe this setup will easily get you through T15 maps. T16/Uber/Shapers are a different beast as you will find out lol
Last edited by LessCowBell on Apr 14, 2018, 1:16:25 PM
"
LessCowBell wrote:

Skill Tree
1) Drop an endurance charge (+3)
2) Drop twin terror (+3)
3) Drop Finesse (+2)
4) Drop Iron Reflex / Vitality Void (+5)
5) Add winter spirit (-3)
6) Add the mana leech node (-1)
7) Grab the 3 jewels (-6)
8) Grab Aspect of Lynx (-2)
9) Grab 15% crit mult (-1)
I WILL TRY THIS CHANGES 1 STEP AT THE TIME, AND AFTER I CAN AFFORD THE JEMS TO PUT IN THE TREE

Gear
1) Upgrade Ahns if possible. The cost of these went waaaaaay up but you might be able to scoop a 325 DPS for 15c
2) Upgrade helm to an Abyssus. This will be a massive DPS boost
DONE, THIS IS INSANE, BUT NOW I CAN'T DO ANY REFLECTED DMG MAPS
3) Upgrade gloves to Oskarm. Sadly its 60c but its a 33% DPS boost
DONE, I'VE BOUGHT THIS GLOVES A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO IN ORDER TO SWAP MINE, 7C THE COST :)
4) On the offhand, drop the added fire. I tink life or mana leech might be a better option
CAN'T DO THIS BECAUSE THE WEAPON ALREADY HAS LIFE LEECH :)

Gems
1) Move port to weapon set II. Grab enlighten, will really help later in the game once its level 3.
DONE
2) Drop Fire pen and added fire damage
3) Add Ruthless/Multistrike for mapping or Ruthless/Concentrated Effect for bossing. Personally I hate concentrated effect but its a big DPS boost over Multi
I WILL LEVEL MULTISTRIKE FIRST AND THEN TRY TO SWAP THE GEMS
4) If you need to drop another gem, let it be Molten Shell. I've done lots of testing with it and its not that great unfortinately

Flask
1) Swap Quicksilver to Rotgut. The onslaught is a nice boost for cheap
DONE

Ok so, now my dps is 162k unbuffed, unfortunately now i have problems with reflect maps but it's ok after all, now i'm clearing maps soooo fast and for now i don't have any problems with bosses.
I will move on with changes 1 step at the time because my currency is a lil'bit low atm.
For now thank you very much for your help!

"
Steven_B12 wrote:

Ok so, now my dps is 162k unbuffed, unfortunately now i have problems with reflect maps but it's ok after all, now i'm clearing maps soooo fast and for now i don't have any problems with bosses.
I will move on with changes 1 step at the time because my currency is a lil'bit low atm.
For now thank you very much for your help!

Cool, i'm glad its working for you. Remember you still have a ways to go =P

In other news, i just got me a new offhand that added about 16% more DPS. I may have overpaid at 3ex but I'm sitting pretty at 3.4 mil dps with another 600k on the totem.

Been messing around in the T16 maps trying to figure out a way to do them without dying. Found removing herald of ash and adding arctic armour seems to really help. I'm open to any suggestions as defense is what this build really lacks lol

"
LessCowBell wrote:

Cool, i'm glad its working for you. Remember you still have a ways to go =P

In other news, i just got me a new offhand that added about 16% more DPS. I may have overpaid at 3ex but I'm sitting pretty at 3.4 mil dps with another 600k on the totem.

Been messing around in the T16 maps trying to figure out a way to do them without dying. Found removing herald of ash and adding arctic armour seems to really help. I'm open to any suggestions as defense is what this build really lacks lol

Wow! Nice sword!! That's a very good boost for your dps.
I've a question, i see a lot of people wearing a starkonja's head in this build, and i was thinking about swap abyssus. It's a boost to my dps but i'm taking a lot of damage, often i'm getting oneshotted from nowhere in T11/12 maps, maybe the malus from the helm it's too much to handle.
The other way to go can be use arctic armour like i was doing at the beginning instead of herald of ash, like you right now. Maybe in this way i can survive more...
"
Steven_B12 wrote:

Wow! Nice sword!! That's a very good boost for your dps.
I've a question, i see a lot of people wearing a starkonja's head in this build, and i was thinking about swap abyssus. It's a boost to my dps but i'm taking a lot of damage, often i'm getting oneshotted from nowhere in T11/12 maps, maybe the malus from the helm it's too much to handle.
The other way to go can be use arctic armour like i was doing at the beginning instead of herald of ash, like you right now. Maybe in this way i can survive more...

Interesting you are getting 1 shot, I wonder what is causing that. Only time I die mapping is from me being stupid. For example I dont dodge Magma Orbs, purple mobs with that lightning totem on death or strongbox chests that freeze. Make sure you have a bleed remove flask too. It will be one of the most important flasks for keeping you alive

As for my play style I mostly play kill or be killed haha. The Abyssus just adds so much DPS which makes it really nice. As for the Stark, I enjoy it because it has +life and I was also able to fine one with the endurance charge enchant really cheap.
"
LessCowBell wrote:

Interesting you are getting 1 shot, I wonder what is causing that. Only time I die mapping is from me being stupid. For example I dont dodge Magma Orbs, purple mobs with that lightning totem on death or strongbox chests that freeze. Make sure you have a bleed remove flask too. It will be one of the most important flasks for keeping you alive

As for my play style I mostly play kill or be killed haha. The Abyssus just adds so much DPS which makes it really nice. As for the Stark, I enjoy it because it has +life and I was also able to fine one with the endurance charge enchant really cheap.

Yeah i have bleed removal and freeze removal on the flasks, but i'm suffering a lot of one shot. Even the Elder on white map one shot me, don't know what's the problem.
In certain fight with blood rage active, i can't regenerate enough life, but this is all about DPS i think, so i know what's the problem.

Edit: I died again in T9 map against a legendary beast (devourer) with unstable swarm. Too much dmg taken and too low life leech (dps). I can't stay in the fights too long.
I've started saturday at lvl 90 and 31% exp, now i'm at 0%. A whole weekend of deaths. :(
Last edited by Steven_B12 on Apr 16, 2018, 2:23:05 PM
"
Steven_B12 wrote:
Yeah i have bleed removal and freeze removal on the flasks, but i'm suffering a lot of one shot. Even the Elder on white map one shot me, don't know what's the problem.
In certain fight with blood rage active, i can't regenerate enough life, but this is all about DPS i think, so i know what's the problem.

Edit: I died again in T9 map against a legendary beast (devourer) with unstable swarm. Too much dmg taken and too low life leech (dps). I can't stay in the fights too long.
I've started saturday at lvl 90 and 31% exp, now i'm at 0%. A whole weekend of deaths. :(

Just keep at it. I had the same issues when I was 90 and around 1.4 mil dps. Now im bloppin down bosses like they are tier 1

Here are a few things i did earlier just so you can see how easy it can be...
https://youtu.be/ffZT6R8QvxQ Elder
https://youtu.be/Bd3dQrGXTY4 Uber Lab
https://youtu.be/0mDV85og4LA Atziri
Last edited by LessCowBell on Apr 17, 2018, 4:13:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info