[3.7] Freezing Pulse Totem Hierophant | Cheap, Starter, Guide, Guardians, Shaper

Hello, thanks for build, why we dont take in passive tree +1 to maximum power charge? We can have +3 charges on our tree, it will be good boost or not?
Since the nerf to power charges, it is not worth to take them in crit builds unless you have additional synergies like with Shimmeron.

One additional power charge is +40% critical strike chance. That is not worth 2 skillpoints.
We don't even take the "25% increased Critical Strike Chance with Totem Skills" for 1 skillpoint.

Pretty much all other damage nodes are more efficient for us.
Heya Just switched from frostbolt to freezing Pulse with a few adjustments to The tree for HC :P . Now what would be The next Upgrade i should get. I thought about changing from Winds of Change to karui Ward for The movementspeed but probably would lose a Lot of dmg. Or am i missing Something obvious?
"
CrimPlok wrote:
Heya Just switched from frostbolt to freezing Pulse with a few adjustments to The tree for HC :P . Now what would be The next Upgrade i should get. I thought about changing from Winds of Change to karui Ward for The movementspeed but probably would lose a Lot of dmg. Or am i missing Something obvious?

You would lose less than 10% overall damage and get the full gloves slot.
But you could also run both, and drop the Faster Projectiles gem for much more damage if that's what you want.

By the way, I am gearing up for attempts at Guardians and Shaper. It will be full DPS gear which I don't recommend for mapping, but it will be interesting how far you can take this character.
Last edited by VisorX on Mar 20, 2018, 8:18:12 PM
Hey Visor just changed my privacy settings can you take a look and let me know what I can improve on. I still need to link Arcane surge which I will do.
"
Dkbballer1 wrote:
Hey Visor just changed my privacy settings can you take a look and let me know what I can improve on. I still need to link Arcane surge which I will do.

I wouldn't recommend using Shimmeron AND Soulmantle for mapping. But you can make it work. It will be difficult to reach more than 6k EHP with this setup. As I said several times you don't get much benefits from Soulmantle on a 5-link compared to a regular 6-link. Both have the same amount of support gems.

- You just swapped in a Diamond Flask? Get a Silver Flask as well. Especially with no shield charge you need the movement speed as well. Get your Flasks to 20% quality. Drop a Life Flask and the Mana Flask and get a Basalt Flask as well.
- With Shimmeron you don't need Increased Critical Strikes, you also don't need Faster Projectiles any more with Karui Charge and the helmet enchant. Replace them with Controlled Destruction and Cold Penetration. Try to get high quality support gems.
- Get the Frost Bomb + Arcane Surge setup.
- Skilltree: Mana is Life for us. The 20% and 18% Mana Nodes give us much more life than the regular 5% life nodes. You should also try to get Throatseeker (lots of damages) and another jewel slot for clear mind. Probably drop Devotion and all points leading to it and 2 points at Light of Divinty. Also drop the Totem Life+Resists node.

According to my Path of Building all of these changes will improve your DPS from 55k to 205k. (path of building doesnt include the damage from self-flaggelation)

For survivability the flasks will help and you should also link Enfeeble to Cast when Damage taken. You can also try to get boots with more Life and Mana and a belt with more Life. You don't need to be that much overcapped on resists with 2 Kikazarus.
Last edited by VisorX on Mar 21, 2018, 2:01:20 AM
I just did my first two guardians! Chimera deathless and Hydra with one death.

It's honestly very smooth and you could even consider farming guardians with high end gear.

According to Path of Building I have 310k shaper DPS per totem (550k DPS against normal mobs). Without Vaal Lightning Trap.

I will try the other guardians and shaper tomorrow and upload the vids.
Last edited by VisorX on Mar 21, 2018, 2:05:21 AM
I bought the Soul Mantle 6 Links, on your build, you have only a 6 links gem.

I would like to know what do you take about the soul mantle's gems.

Spell totem / Faster Casting / Freezing pulse / Hypothermia / Faster projectile / Increase critical strike / Cold penetration

This is what I have for now. I don't have freezing pulse projectiles speed on my helmet for the moment..
Last edited by Verseb on Mar 21, 2018, 6:50:45 AM
"
Verseb wrote:
I bought the Soul Mantle 6 Links, on your build, you have only a 6 links gem.

I would like to know what do you take about the soul mantle's gems.

Spell totem / Faster Casting / Freezing pulse / Hypothermia / Faster projectile / Increase critical strike / Cold penetration

This is what I have for now. I don't have freezing pulse projectiles speed on my helmet for the moment..

It is explained in the Variants section that your 6th link should be Cold Penetration or Added Cold Damage.
"
VisorX wrote:
"
Dkbballer1 wrote:

I wouldn't recommend using Shimmeron AND Soulmantle for mapping. But you can make it work. It will be difficult to reach more than 6k EHP with this setup. As I said several times you don't get much benefits from Soulmantle on a 5-link compared to a regular 6-link. Both have the same amount of support gems.

- You just swapped in a Diamond Flask? Get a Silver Flask as well. Especially with no shield charge you need the movement speed as well. Get your Flasks to 20% quality. Drop a Life Flask and the Mana Flask and get a Basalt Flask as well.
- With Shimmeron you don't need Increased Critical Strikes, you also don't need Faster Projectiles any more with Karui Charge and the helmet enchant. Replace them with Controlled Destruction and Cold Penetration. Try to get high quality support gems.
- Get the Frost Bomb + Arcane Surge setup.
- Skilltree: Mana is Life for us. The 20% and 18% Mana Nodes give us much more life than the regular 5% life nodes. You should also try to get Throatseeker (lots of damages) and another jewel slot for clear mind. Probably drop Devotion and all points leading to it and 2 points at Light of Divinty. Also drop the Totem Life+Resists node.

According to my Path of Building all of these changes will improve your DPS from 55k to 205k. (path of building doesnt include the damage from self-flaggelation)

For survivability the flasks will help and you should also link Enfeeble to Cast when Damage taken. You can also try to get boots with more Life and Mana and a belt with more Life. You don't need to be that much overcapped on resists with 2 Kikazarus.

Thank you so much for the great information and taking a look at my character. This helps a ton and I will go make these changes ASAP! You Da Man!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info