[3.3] Tanky BLADE VORTEX Chieftain/800k+ Shaper DPS with Budget Gear/1.3M+++ with Endgame Gear

Hello.

Some prehistory:

After i was looking 3.2 ascendancy changes for some reason I immediately liked the Chieftain. His ascendancy talent named "Ngamahu, Flame's Advance" (70% extra fire dmg every 10s looks very awesome) bothered me every day. So i wanted use it in some build but not with Molten Strike or Tectonic slam coz I was tired from autoattackers. So i decided to create this one. Also i liked BV but never tried it, so it is reason to.

Main part:

Items:

Spoiler
-Carcass Jack or Belly of the Beast
-Divinarius
-Wise Oak
-Rumi's Concoction
-In off hand statstick (while u have no currency use Divinarius in both weapon slots) - scepter with %inc fire damage and %of phys dmg as extra fire.
-Diamond and Sulphur flasks.
-Helmet, gloves, boots, belt with life and resists. Try to get cap of resists with this ones, so u will be able to get accessories with good DPS nodes cheaply.
-Accessories with cast speed, life, crit multi, spell dmg, fire dmg, dexterity (u need 155 and 159 for lvl 21)

Gems:

Spoiler
6L:BV + Added Fire + Elemental Focus + Fire Penetration + Conc/AoE + Inc Crit Damage (for 5L drop Added Fire)

4L:CWDT + Immortal Call + Summon Stone/Fire Golem + Inc Duration

4L:Blasphemy + Warlord's Mark + Herald of Ash + Arctic Armour

3L:Whirling Blades + FA + Fortify

3L:CWDT + Molten Shell + Enduring Cry

4L:Spell Totem + Scorching Ray + Faster Casting + Inc. Duration

Leveling section:

Spoiler
At start use 3-4L Cleave.

When u will reach 38 lvl, get 4L item with R-R-B-B sockets and use Scorching Ray + Cast While Channeling + Firestorm + Fire Penetration.

When u will get 5L staff or armour u can use Blade Vortex (on 4L SR seems better). I recommend to take "Potency of Will" before. I used BV + Added Fire + Elemental Focus + Fire Penetration + Spell Echo coz i got 1G-2R-2B sockets armour.

Current tree lvl 83

Budget section:

Spoiler
- Use 6L corrupted armour with G-R-R-B-B-B sockets with ~100+ HP roll till u get or farm 6L Belly or Carcass.
- Use Divinarius in both hands till u farm currency for statstick.

Tree lvl 93

IMPORTANT NOTE:

We need some cast speed. It can be taken in tree, jewels, amulet, rings, off hand sceptre. 2,5-3 casts per second will be enough.

PoB Link [3.2 Gear]:

https://pastebin.com/ChpvDyCg

Videos 3.2:

Spoiler

T11 Waterways (with short gear showcase at the end)

T15 Lava Lake

T16 Chimera Fight(sorry for displaced screen, idk how it happened)

Red Elder Fight

3.3 Update:

Spoiler
BV now have 10 blades, it allows us to drop Spell Echo and use dmg gem instead, i think Inc Crit DMG is good.

Special thanks for help these exiles: breakingthrough, Tortunga, Kilqax

Build will be complement in the course of the league, thanks for reading.

Last edited by An4LPunishment on Jun 3, 2018, 1:17:16 AM
Last bumped on Jun 9, 2018, 12:57:18 PM
From my experience, I haven't found any other way to leech mana from spell damage except Warlord's Mark. It's pretty bad, reserving 35% of your mana just to leech (I played it twice on BV where Blasphemy was a clear solution. Now that we have MLG rings maybe it's a better option), but at least you get the endurance charges too. And if you're life-based (which i usually wasn't because hipster genes or idk), you also get some sicc leech
-Disagreeing with decisions doesn't mean one can't support the game.-
"
Kilqax wrote:
From my experience, I haven't found any other way to leech mana from spell damage except Warlord's Mark. It's pretty bad, reserving 35% of your mana just to leech (I played it twice on BV where Blasphemy was a clear solution. Now that we have MLG rings maybe it's a better option), but at least you get the endurance charges too. And if you're life-based (which i usually wasn't because hipster genes or idk), you also get some sicc leech

Thanks for answer. What mean MLG rings?
Oh, sorry - that was just internet slang combined with me being me.
By the rings I meant the new (way stronger than normal) shaper/elder rings which can apply ny of the different Mark curses on hit.

Such rings could mean basically 35% less mana reserved, which is huge. However, rings with just the curse cost a lot and if they are to have more useful affixes, they will be very expensive.
"
Kilqax wrote:
Oh, sorry - that was just internet slang combined with me being me.
By the rings I meant the new (way stronger than normal) shaper/elder rings which can apply ny of the different Mark curses on hit.

Such rings could mean basically 35% less mana reserved, which is huge. However, rings with just the curse cost a lot and if they are to have more useful affixes, they will be very expensive.

Anyway for lategame it is good option. Thanks.
UDP 1

Tree was changed.

Was taken "Potency of WIill" for more comfortable using BV. Now duration is 7.25s (was 5s).
Was taken jewel socket near Scion start point.
Was taken "Coordination" for some cast speed. U can use this skill point for crit multi near "Doom Cast" if u have enough cast speed or for HP node.

Was canceled "Explosive impact" and "Arsonist".
Last edited by An4LPunishment on Mar 5, 2018, 9:38:23 PM
I have another possible upgrade to the build: You can, these days, create a dagger even better than Divinarius for just a few chaos with the help of a few Essences of Scorn, which guarantees the Spell Crit mod at a very high value - and you can still roll affixes like Spell Damage, Fire Damage or Crit Multi and even craft some missing out of these.

This has also been the reason why all the streamers are trashing Divinarius very hard - you can get a way better dagger for cheap.

However, you do lose a little bit of AOE (10% isn't much), but I personally still see Divinarius as a good weapon: it's a 1-alch stepping stone before a Scorn dagger.

Hope this could help.
"
Kilqax wrote:
I have another possible upgrade to the build: You can, these days, create a dagger even better than Divinarius for just a few chaos with the help of a few Essences of Scorn, which guarantees the Spell Crit mod at a very high value - and you can still roll affixes like Spell Damage, Fire Damage or Crit Multi and even craft some missing out of these.

This has also been the reason why all the streamers are trashing Divinarius very hard - you can get a way better dagger for cheap.

However, you do lose a little bit of AOE (10% isn't much), but I personally still see Divinarius as a good weapon: it's a 1-alch stepping stone before a Scorn dagger.

Hope this could help.

Of course Divinarius is a cheap option before good rare dagger. I prefer to buy weapons coz im bad with crafting, but maybe now ill got some information about it and will craft my own dagger. Thank you for answer.
UPD 2

Tree was changed again.

Canceled "Purity of Flesh", "Barbarism", "Juggernaut" and jewel socket near them.

Was taken "Quick recovery", "Elementalist", "Devotion" and jewel socket near them.

Compare this we have:

- 3% reduced physical dmg reduction (some less armour)
+ 8% AoE/8% ele dmg
+ 12% all elemental resists
+ 18% inreased elemental damage
+ 1 free skill point
+ some life regen.

HP pool wasnt changed.

PoB and tree links updated.
Last edited by An4LPunishment on Mar 5, 2018, 9:58:55 PM
Looking good! I will try it out in SSF :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info