3.2 - Wrecker of Days - Super Slow Motion - Explained and Designed to Take New Players to the End

Hey, cool build. One question.. why don't you take any skill duration nodes on tree? It passes by Potency of Will. I haven't played SRS in a long time but I thought those were a big QoL improvement.. cast less often when clearing and easier to maintain max stacks for bosses.

Seems like you could drop the 3 points into Armour Mastery and go for that instead.

"

- I'm glad the suggestion helped.
- "Increased damage if you've used a minion skill recently" does stack.
- If you're looking for even more uniques that benefit this build, you'll be leaving the "theme of slow". Nothing wrong with that though. So if you're thinking about adding more uniques (don't forget about resists), think about Severed in Sleep, United in Dream, Queen's Decree, Queen's Escape, or Femurs of the Saints for weapons. Maybe Vis Mortis or Victario's Influence (for Hatred) for a chest. If you stick with a one handed weapon you could always use your extra points to head over to Necromantic Aegis (It'll be 6 nodes away from the tree I have in the guide). Then combine that with a sweet shield like Victario's Charity or Lycosidae.

thx for sugestion i will test it but i prefer to stay in Theme slow cause its great :)

"
projectsix wrote:
Hey, cool build. One question.. why don't you take any skill duration nodes on tree? It passes by Potency of Will. I haven't played SRS in a long time but I thought those were a big QoL improvement.. cast less often when clearing and easier to maintain max stacks for bosses.

Seems like you could drop the 3 points into Armour Mastery and go for that instead.

i think we dont need any skill duration cause u dont fight to long ( meaby with elder , atziri )
"
zincfe wrote:

i think we dont need any skill duration cause u dont fight to long ( meaby with elder , atziri )

Maybe not "need" but it's a big QoL improvement as I said. You don't have to re-cast SRS nearly as much. Try it and see. It's well worth the 3 points, imo. Overall, more spirits out at a time for longer durations = more dps too.

It also effects curse length for longer boss fights if you go a while without being hit.
Last edited by projectsix on Mar 19, 2018, 6:36:17 AM
"
projectsix wrote:

That's a great suggestion. It works really well. Add it anytime you like. It really does make a difference in their duration and survivability.

For anyone that has played SRS in the past, the new Necromancy ascendancy has greatly increased both cast speed and skill duration from previous patches, without going out of your way to get them. And adding on either/both is always great. Honestly, make whatever choices match your playstyle.

Also, check out this new SRS specific headpiece that just got released with 3.2! You only need to be level 26 to wear it too...It adds big change to many aspects of this build. (Not sure what choices I'll make for 3.3...)
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Mar 19, 2018, 5:11:40 PM
after played for 7d5h lol i dont belive :D with that theme and trying change few things with ur unique sugestion ther is still one big problem.......we rly lack of survi, ther is to much 1 shot things that kill us so many times even if u jump in pack off mobs to use flesh offering etc its like russian rulette ...from 3 days i constantly die and canot pass lvl 90.........alwes find 1/5 map that i die..specialy opening strongboxes when u got frezes its like 50/50, on atziri 1 mistake = dead ( only small aoe canot kill me ) , many bosses on t11-14 depends on mods 1 shot ...still its fun build but what is point if u die constantly and duno if geting 1-2k more hp will be ok to surive if yes then i stfu my mouth ;D and ply

so far 37% physical dmg reduction / res on 75% / chance to block 22% / evansion 10% / life regen 835 hp / and 5845 hp pool

meaby when get extra 10 point i will get somthing to survive more hp ? or armour ? but duno cause it will take me forever to hit it :D, trying to get Craiceann's Carapace Golden Plate 6l POE builder showing that i will get 78% physical dmg reduction meaby that will help if no i will probably sell all items and reset character cause its not fun dying ofc if i remove cdt on flesh, descarate i die more less but its not that point of build

btw all maps below t10 its peace of cake

and wana say 1 thing with 340% dmg to minion we are like killing machine :P meaby not like that super Maruder build etc but still

i tested that helemt what u mention on that build its to slow ^_^

btw forgot to mention i didint test what mention projectsix i will do that in few min and probably edit and comment that

btw again :D i start heatying flesh offering and cdt specialy when rare mob popup and disaper :D like i was first time in beast map and beast boss just disaper ^____________^
Last edited by zincfe on Mar 22, 2018, 5:37:43 PM
"
zincfe wrote:
after played for 7d5h lol i dont belive :D...and beast boss just disaper ^____________^

Thanks for the feedback! I'm sorry the build is frustrating you at 90 but great job getting there! I took a look at your setup and great job getting a 6-link Belly! You have lots of good stuff. I know it's not your issue, but GGG increased the amount of XP needed to get to 91+ in patch 3.1(?). Just FYi for the sake of expectations. But either way, builds with lower health like ours just need more health. I put all my nodes into health once I've completed the tree provided. Everyone has a different playstyle. Some people cap at level 80 with the exact same builds that people get to 95 on.

So if you're in need of more health, one thing you could do is get rid of the two unique rings. You can take out Flammability and Frostbite. It'll slightly lower damage on the cursed enemy but will give you two extra slots for some powerful rings that'll give big survivability bonuses.

Thanks again for trying the build for so long! Glad you liked it until now!

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
"
zincfe wrote:
after played for 7d5h lol i dont belive :D...and beast boss just disaper ^____________^

Thanks for the feedback! I'm sorry the build is frustrating you at 90 but great job getting there! I took a look at your setup and great job getting a 6-link Belly! You have lots of good stuff. I know it's not your issue, but GGG increased the amount of XP needed to get to 91+ in patch 3.1(?). Just FYi for the sake of expectations. But either way, builds with lower health like ours just need more health. I put all my nodes into health once I've completed the tree provided. Everyone has a different playstyle. Some people cap at level 80 with the exact same builds that people get to 95 on.

So if you're in need of more health, one thing you could do is get rid of the two unique rings. You can take out Flammability and Frostbite. It'll slightly lower damage on the cursed enemy but will give you two extra slots for some powerful rings that'll give big survivability bonuses.

Thanks again for trying the build for so long! Glad you liked it until now!

first of all dont sry me u meade great job for doing that Thread...

i do that like u siad...difirence od dmg its huge but i start stop dying..even Atziri aoe canot kill me its not 1 hit...i test again few things cause i remove 2 rings and get 2 extra skill i setup for cdt molten shell and imortal call ( i think molten shell will breake my equalibrum ? ) and i think i canot sqiush more from that character if not lvl up to 100 or get rare armor that i am aim for 20ex epic joke :D and it hast not all things

// after doing alot test .. i need to say thx for that great theme but i will modife alot things on that build to survive so i will not longer replay on that thread cause i am going to much away from Super Slow Motion

Last edited by zincfe on Mar 28, 2018, 3:39:56 PM
Hi, thanks for the build!
I've just hit 38 but had planned enough that I've been able to get the gem sockets and links needed.
The CWDT often at 38, the damage trigger is about half my life :) but I'm still only at 2 curses max so far anyway so I'm finding the enemies cursed fairly regularly.
Zombies and spectres are more of an issue though, as they seem to be dying faster than they get raised, so I may leave that as manual for a while.
EDIT:I'm Cranky and Tired level 42 now and have 4 curse ability (still chasing boots), and have all the links set up, with a 4 link chest and spare red socket, and everything just gets better as I level. The level 1 CWDT's fire more and more reliably. I think I will keep the high level CWDT at level 1 for a while, as I'm still only getting 1 or 2 zombies and a single spectre open generally, and I've allowed the stone golem to out level it so is manual cast.

I've also got my movement power on a weapon swap. This drops Hatred and Arctic Armour while you use it, but at least allows for passing certain obstacles.

Also also, I ran with Tabula Rasa for a long time, and switching to 4 link for SRS was a major improvement in QoL at these lower levels, as the mana cost meant I was constantly sipping blue potions.

One question: would skeletons be more effective as canon fodder than spectres? At least at lower levels, having more of them seems better than 2 random spectres which seem to die pretty quickly. I tested this, and as skeletons move so slow, they are not cast nearly enough to be useful.

All in all, very well written and helpful build which I've enjoyed.
Any clues on how to get the sockets needed? I feel I've been lucky at this point, but dread upgrading anything as it will have to have identical colours, or require changing everything.
My working summary:
Spoiler

Body 4/5/6 linked BBRR R G
3 pieces
> 1 of weapon/shield - 3 linked
> 2 of boots/gloves/helm - 4 linked
>> 1 Red each for CWDT (1) + GGBBBBBB total slots
1 of weapon/shield 3 sockets
>> RG linked
>> G for Arctic Armour
1 of boots/gloves/helm - 4 linked (CWDT(20))
>> 1 RBBB

Last edited by Zagzyg on Apr 13, 2018, 5:35:15 AM
"
Zagzyg wrote:
Hi, thanks for the build!
I've just hit 38 but had planned enough that I've been able to get the gem sockets and links needed.
The CWDT often at 38, the damage trigger is about half my life :) but I'm still only at 2 curses max so far anyway so I'm finding the enemies cursed fairly regularly.
Zombies and spectres are more of an issue though, as they seem to be dying faster than they get raised, so I may leave that as manual for a while.
EDIT:I'm Cranky and Tired level 42 now and have 4 curse ability (still chasing boots), and have all the links set up, with a 4 link chest and spare red socket, and everything just gets better as I level. The level 1 CWDT's fire more and more reliably. I think I will keep the high level CWDT at level 1 for a while, as I'm still only getting 1 or 2 zombies and a single spectre open generally, and I've allowed the stone golem to out level it so is manual cast.

I've also got my movement power on a weapon swap. This drops Hatred and Arctic Armour while you use it, but at least allows for passing certain obstacles.

Also also, I ran with Tabula Rasa for a long time, and switching to 4 link for SRS was a major improvement in QoL at these lower levels, as the mana cost meant I was constantly sipping blue potions.

One question: would skeletons be more effective as canon fodder than spectres? At least at lower levels, having more of them seems better than 2 random spectres which seem to die pretty quickly. I tested this, and as skeletons move so slow, they are not cast nearly enough to be useful.

All in all, very well written and helpful build which I've enjoyed.
Any clues on how to get the sockets needed? I feel I've been lucky at this point, but dread upgrading anything as it will have to have identical colours, or require changing everything.
My working summary:
Spoiler

Body 4/5/6 linked BBRR R G
3 pieces
> 1 of weapon/shield - 3 linked
> 2 of boots/gloves/helm - 4 linked
>> 1 Red each for CWDT (1) + GGBBBBBB total slots
1 of weapon/shield 3 sockets
>> RG linked
>> G for Arctic Armour
1 of boots/gloves/helm - 4 linked (CWDT(20))
>> 1 RBBB

Thanks for the message. Sorry for the delayed response.
It sounds like you have an idea for how you prefer to play as you level. With your edited note it seems like you answered your own question. But in general, in terms of links, you really don't find great links in drops on a regular basis until the character is in their 50's or higher. So if this is your only character or you decided to not get equipement ahead of time for your Witch, just be patient. Don't sell/vendor your equipment with good links until you're sure about which skills you want to keep until you have great gear WITH great links. One of the hardest parts of the game on a first playthrough is deciding between great rolls on a rare item or a crappy item with the links you want. Do what kills you the least ;). If you can't decide, I suggest keeping the gems socketed that you will get to level 20: so the CwDT linked with minions and Generosity with Hatred and Arctic Armour.

Did I miss any questions? Let me know if I can help further.

Annnnnd

Very well written guide! Thank you!
It's nice to find a guide that is n0ob friendly. Even though I have a lot of hours in POE, there is a LOT more for me to learn.
Looking forward to trying this build out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info