[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
lilianmarius wrote:
This league with all the new corruption outcome modifiers like %increase intelligence mainly (%increase dexterity/strength secondary) that can be present on all the items probably and with the addition of Combustion gem and addition of Heart of Flame nodes into setup, the build can and probably get to highest numbers when its about DPS tooltip of WI, higher even than the tooltip numbers from Standard legacy setups(with legacy Pyre, legacy Perandus ring and other shit).

On the other hand, getting end-game ES armour pieces with high values for ES and INT cost more than previous leagues from what i was able to see in these 2 weeks since the league started.

To be able to get good deals for pieces of armour with high ES+INT together with decent resistances(to compensate some possible resistance losses from corrupted rings) you need to be online quite a lot on a daily basis and have some live searches in poe.trade/official_trade sites activated.

Also using corrupted rings with % increase intelligence will make the people struggle harder to get resistances on the other pieces of gear to reach 75/75/75 cap values.

Another nice QoL improvement for this build is the corruption implicit that can be obtained now on jewels(immune to corruption blood, immune to hinder, immune to maim, %increase damage, etc.).

What can i agree though even with decent gear and DPS tooltip some T14+ incursions can be really hard to fully complete (killing an architect + getting at least 1 stone of passage) depending on the mods of the map in which the incursion appear.

I cannot play with Spell Cascade setup since my rig is quite old (Core2Duo proccessor lol) and even if i have decent video card( Nividia 760Ti + launching the game from SSD) the system barely handle spam of only 1 x Icestorm and cannot handle 3 x Icestorms(with Spell Cascade setup). So in some high level incursions i get frustrated because i am not able to kill both the architect and get 1 stone of passage to link adjacent rooms even with decent gear but that's life!

Other than this the build rocks as usually, you can do almost everything in this game with it and without spending a fortune on the equipment, neither the need to be high skilled in order to defeat the entire content(except Uber Elder maybe)!

Yeah, tried to look at kelvyn's character in the POB, and with all those corruption on jewellery, he already have over 2k int, and effective dps with conc effect is more than 45k...

Damn, it's also with the fact that he is wearing astramentis. If you add those "godly messiah" shaper amulets with dmage per 15 int, and increased attributes, then his dps will be about 55k.

There were never such crazy numbers in history, so yeah.

P.S. By the way, is it normal that exalt already worth 120c, and still keep growing? I can't say that i'm playing in every league, but situation right now seems to me quite unusual to say the least.
"
lilianmarius wrote:
What can i agree though even with decent gear and DPS tooltip some T14+ incursions can be really hard to fully complete (killing an architect + getting at least 1 stone of passage) depending on the mods of the map in which the incursion appear.

I cannot play with Spell Cascade setup since my rig is quite old (Core2Duo proccessor lol) and even if i have decent video card( Nividia 760Ti + launching the game from SSD) the system barely handle spam of only 1 x Icestorm and cannot handle 3 x Icestorms(with Spell Cascade setup). So in some high level incursions i get frustrated because i am not able to kill both the architect and get 1 stone of passage to link adjacent rooms even with decent gear but that's life!

I have a reasonable PC and it doesn't like spell cascade either. Any time it interacts with ground effects, you are down to 2 fps. I don't think you should use it in high level incursions anyway though.
Better to have higher damage over a smaller area, because now you just have to wait for it to cast rather than for it to kill things. Mostly they're in relatively small clumps anyway.

I don't bother with incursions where the mods are too against me though. Ele resists isn't a problem as I am running a fire pen gem instead of lifeleech, but obviously temp chains or defensive combinations of mods are out. Double beyond is also out.
"
Med1umentor wrote:

Yeah, tried to look at kelvyn's character in the POB, and with all those corruption on jewellery, he already have over 2k int, and effective dps with conc effect is more than 45k...

Damn, it's also with the fact that he is wearing astramentis. If you add those "godly messiah" shaper amulets with dmage per 15 int, and increased attributes, then his dps will be about 55k.

There were never such crazy numbers in history, so yeah.

P.S. By the way, is it normal that exalt already worth 120c, and still keep growing? I can't say that i'm playing in every league, but situation right now seems to me quite unusual to say the least.

My level 96 Scion from Standard stacked with legacy gear (ES legacy gear + Legacy Pyre + Legacy Perandus + Emperor's Mastery + Emperor's Wit jewels + Shaper amulet with % increase damage per 15 intelligence) stand on a whooping 2370 Intelligence and the PoB Shaper DPS tooltip is 31K / 46.5K trash DPS on top of 12.2k ES.

Probably the ES value will be hard to beat due to no longer ES legacy gear being available but the tooltip DPS is easy to be surpassed this league with some investments in corrupted rings/belt/Astramentis with % increase intelligence

Yeah the numbers seem to go insane this time.....
Last edited by lilianmarius on Jun 14, 2018, 10:08:01 AM
"
The silence one cost me some incursions.

Btw, Silence is a curse. Treat it like any other curse: Warding flask.

"
But with all the useful cheap stuff like % int more on nearly all items the dmg is unbelievable.

The power creep is real. I hit 2k Int so easily in this league! I've only had 2k Int in Standard before. Running Flammability instead of Enfeeble full time now, only switching for the top bosses. And with Combustion providing another resist debuff everything dies faster than ever. Uber Elder is no longer something crazy. The guy who killed him with this build 1 week ago for the first time is now running a service :)
How much ES should i have when i make the change to Chaos Inoculation?

I currently have 2400, and kind of "maxed" gear atm, everything is crazy expensive.
Not sure how i will reach 5-6k ES :/
"
macman507 wrote:
How much ES should i have when i make the change to Chaos Inoculation?

I currently have 2400, and kind of "maxed" gear atm, everything is crazy expensive.
Not sure how i will reach 5-6k ES :/

You REALLY don't have maxed gear.

Sin Trek has 10% more move speed, 75 more ES, and up to 5 more int than your current boots. It costs 1 jeweller. You can get 3x your chest piece' ES while retaining the int for 1 alch. At the moment, there're some 156 ES gloves with 42 int for 1c. There's a 160 ES, 39 int helmet for 1 alch.
"
NoImagination wrote:

You REALLY don't have maxed gear.

Sin Trek has 10% more move speed, 75 more ES, and up to 5 more int than your current boots. It costs 1 jeweller. You can get 3x your chest piece' ES while retaining the int for 1 alch. At the moment, there're some 156 ES gloves with 42 int for 1c. There's a 160 ES, 39 int helmet for 1 alch.

Not the same guy, but I'm kind of in the same boat as him. Yeah you can find those individual items pretty cheap, but they have nowhere near the right sockets. How do you recommend the best way to go about that? Just buy them and then try to get them right yourself?
Well, 4 sockets is 10 jewellers, 4 links is 5 fuses from master crafting. Your EV is better than either of those if you manually roll, particularly if you have a 20% quality item (that guy does not, but it's what your blacksmith whetstones & armourer scraps are for).

One 6s item vendors for 7 jewellers, and they're really not that uncommon once you're in low level maps. If you're not able to 4L your stuff by level 69, 9 times out of 10 something has gone really wrong with your loot filter. I had 6s whispering ice via ~200 jeweller attempts by the time I was 75.

Getting the right colours is harder, but not much. The below took me about 500 jewellers, which is SUPER under EV. If we expect it to cost 13 jewellers per 4th socket attempt, and if we say it's 1/6 to roll a red socket, our EV is under 100 jewellers. Even at 500 jewellers, it's pretty easy to get this.

There's a guide for how to roll 4 off-colour items in the first couple of posts in this thread.

One benefit to this build is that we don't need jewellers or fuses very much (less so now that we're talking about 6-link chest, but no need to worry about that until the 90s). We can sell fuses, chroms, jewellers via bulk exchange trading on the POE site, and we can afford more stuff than most builds doing the same maps at the same rate as us.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jun 15, 2018, 4:02:17 AM
Gz to 100 !!!

As every leage this thread is really useful and i like that kel and other help new people.

As for the sockets and colors. its a pain and you must life with some restrictions.

Normaly i have at this state a 18 % 6 s staff and 5 link chest.

this time i used over 500 jeweler and have no staff nor chest. and for the last red socket in my gloves i used til now 130 jew to 3 sock 4 sock ... and so on and had only green and blue sockets.
so rng is a bitch.

this league is crazy as fuck. the loot also with temple and corruption and incursions exploded but in the end i had NOT one good drop, nor corruption.
no ex drop no good item drop.

on the other side the equip is really cheap for this stage of league but rng is fucking bad.

so make things who work and wait to get better gear or good drops to craft it by yourself
I should note that it is generally cheaper to just buy 6s WI staves or 6s chests than to try to socket them yourselves. Note that 210 jewelers is about 30 chaos.

@ichi -- sometimes it's worth just paying 120 chrom up front for 3r sockets and focus the jewelers on getting the 4th color (which I can typically do within ~200 jewelers at the worst.)
Last edited by Graiaule on Jun 16, 2018, 1:18:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info