[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

sorry what stats do i want on watchers eye? the es gain with disc, is there something else tho? thank you
That's the most important by far. An Eye with just that and some random trashy mod gets you 95% of the way there.

I went for leech while Vitality, so I could get +10% move speed on boots via Lab, but still drop life leech. It means I lose the Herald though, so I wouldn't bother with that until later on.

Kelvynn went for 2nd Discipline mod on his Eye, which is pretty nice.

The third option is to take gain ES based on mana from Clarity, if you can free up a gem slot somewhere (dare I suggest dropping Orb of Storms? it seems less valuable with a 6L chest & all this fire pen we have these days).

If I found an eye with #ES on hit, %leech on vitality, and flat ES gain on clarity, that seems ideal for the way I've used the build.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jun 17, 2018, 4:04:56 AM
"
NoImagination wrote:
That's the most important by far. An Eye with just that and some random trashy mod gets you 95% of the way there.

I went for leech while Vitality, so I could get +10% move speed on boots via Lab, but still drop life leech. It means I lose the Herald though, so I wouldn't bother with that until later on.

Kelvynn went for 2nd Discipline mod on his Eye, which is pretty nice.

The third option is to take gain ES based on mana from Clarity, if you can free up a gem slot somewhere (dare I suggest dropping Orb of Storms? it seems less valuable with a 6L chest & all this fire pen we have these days).

If I found an eye with #ES on hit, %leech on vitality, and flat ES gain on clarity, that seems ideal for the way I've used the build.

Just got this OP amulet for just 1 exalt lol :

It's probably better than a corrupted Astramentis with %increased intelligence which atm are very expensive tbh.

Movement speed it's helping me with those timed incursions with which this build seems to struggle

Regarding dropping Orb of Storms - don't drop it , this is a mandatory gem in the setup is there to trigger Elemental Overload which is highest multiplier node in terms of damage from the tree. If you want to free a socket gem to insert eventually a Clarity gem (for the Watcher's Eye with %ES from mana mod while using Clarity) only slot i can see it replaceable is Ancestral call or Faster Attacks from Vigilant Strike chains.

Last edited by lilianmarius on Jun 17, 2018, 6:43:19 AM
Should point out that other skills can crit to trigger Elemental Overload, Orb of Storms is just significantly better at it.

It's not a mandatory gem, it's just one that you don't want to lose if you can avoid it. The damage of the build is amazing without 100% uptime of EO (I think without OoS it goes down to around 20% uptime), and the added survivability of Clarity-ES from Watcher's Eye is a great trade off.

But, that said, I'm not advocating losing OoS either. Ideally the Vigilant Strike supports are better to remove, but some players find it very difficulty to reliably hit VS without the supports so for them OoS is definitely an option.

I agree on Orb of Storms. I've bound mouse1 to vigilant strike and it works much more reliably for me than to a random key, so I'll definitely try removing ancestral call if I ever get that kind of watcher's eye. The chances aren't good that it'll appear or that I'll be able to afford it when it does though!

"
NoImagination wrote:
Int is more important than ES

I'm going to try taking my own advice.

I wanted to craft a 12% int, ES/Stun blue chest, then multimod. I got this in the process and will try it instead for a while.

Old one. 1986 to 2124 int, but 9,500 to 8,900 ES.

I also tried going from an +82 all/6% int astramentis to a 62 int, 1% per 15 int amulet. It was worth about 8% more DPS for ~300 ES, but messed up my vitality setup so I will wait til I can afford to craft a %attrib, 1% per 15 int amulet myself one day.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jun 17, 2018, 9:41:34 AM
PoB seems to support the idea of dropping elemental focus in favour of combustion. You gain a small ignite dps, the per hit is very close, but you get extra fire pen.

Of course, not on ignite immune.
Update:

With all the new possibilities in this league, I decided to go after great equipment before going after the endgame content. Spent the first 2 weeks working on it. Now it's done:

Total budget: about 15 ex. It's the highest one I've had in many leagues, but I've never had anywhere near this much power with this build before. All gems lv 21 self-made in the Temple (chain run A9 Blood Aqueducts). Rings self-corrupted, amulet and belt caught on the market.

And now it's time to have some fun!
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jun 17, 2018, 9:47:53 PM
Deathless uber elder incoming!
"
NoImagination wrote:

I wanted to craft a 12% int, ES/Stun blue chest, then multimod. I got this in the process and will try it instead for a while.

Old one. 1986 to 2124 int, but 9,500 to 8,900 ES.

Why you doing this with DESTROYER? with the same mods on VAAL regalia, it should be ~500es and easily beat your old chest.
"
Black_Gun wrote:
Deathless uber elder incoming!

Yes, soon :)

I had to do T16, the Shaper, bring the Elder to T15, do T16 again, twice, and finally Uber. Down on the first try, although not deathless. But it's so much easier than it was in 3.2!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info