[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
AkarZul wrote:
I'm open to any suggestions from those here who have experience with this build

I'd also swap 1-2 Quicksilver flasks to some other defensive flasks since your ES is so low atm. Maybe to get a rings too that also has ~40 ES each.

Also, maybe craft ES% on your helm instead and flat ES on your gloves to gain some ES? If you still not max resists, try to buy similar gears that will also fix your resists. I'd say after getting close to 10k ES you can see a huge leap on the survivability.
Last edited by Tonu on Feb 4, 2019, 6:08:31 AM
"
Tonu wrote:
I'd also swap 1-2 Quicksilver flasks to some other defensive flasks since your ES is so low atm. Maybe to get a rings too that also has ~40 ES each.

Also, maybe craft ES% on your helm instead and flat ES on your gloves to gain some ES? If you still not max resists, try to buy similar gears that will also fix your resists. I'd say after getting close to 10k ES you can see a huge leap on the survivability.

Thanks, yeah budgeting out the appropriate gear has been tough at this point in the league due to the inflation. And frankly, I'm garbage at crafting - I suppose I should really make an effort to learn at this point.

Side note here, due to my frustration with everything I re-rolled my level 72 Witch into the Occultist version of this build and I have to say the play style felt intuitive to me. Winters Orb as a channeling skill "feels" right to me, and the chance to freeze is a massive quality of life improvement as you are running around and packs of mobs literally freeze in place giving you that extra second you need for optimal placement. Tried Ulab at 72 with it and died in final phase due to user error (basically tried to facetank and rickroll him before he could get a big shot off. I was wrong).

Otherwise, I had the same amount of ES (6K) at 8 levels less and in the same gear as my Scion, and now that I finally finished Ulab and picked up Vile Bastion that brought me up to just over 7K ES in the same gear.

Had I not had the Witch toon I would have switched from Scorching Ray to Winters Orb, and picked up the appropriate support gems and gone with cold damage with my Scion.
Tonu, Looks pretty good. PoB you build. No clue where to put gems. TY
Updating my gear here:

Current stats:
2353 Intelligence
12 184 ES
Pantheon: Soul of the Brine King + Soul of Gruthkul
Unreserved Mana: 134
Winter Orb Mana Cost: 3
76/76/76 uncapped Resists
70% Cold damage Penetration (85% with The Wise Oak Flask active)
Immune to Bleeding

Still have much to upgrade and much to play/grind. Have had fun with this build as far. Currently 96 Level and hope to get couple of more levels before I'm done with this league.

Edit: I think I've spent about 130 ex on this gear.
Last edited by Tonu on Feb 15, 2019, 4:45:20 AM
for anybody who still reads this and don't know, PHASE RUN with lightning warp (you can add Vaal Disc for a ONE TIME oh sh&t button too) is how you get a low life / ES char thru uber lab, I'm running on a diff char, but same applies to ANY ES build. This WILL help you with spike traps, those are most of the problem, timing buzz saws and using light. warp to safe spot is the way. GL
for the OP and any other masters of this build, what are your thoughts on the spell focus support? i wonder if it could replace spell cascade (tho elem focus may still be strictly better for bosses)
Hi thanks for the build. I started playing this build then switched to your WO Occultist version. Some questions for this build:

1. Possible to use the cold version with Scion? So you have more survivability via freezes/chills

2. What if you choose Juggernaut instead of Inquisitor for better tankiness? Wouldn't immortal call + increased duration have insane uptime this way?
"
RNGhadist wrote:
Hi thanks for the build. I started playing this build then switched to your WO Occultist version. Some questions for this build:

1. Possible to use the cold version with Scion? So you have more survivability via freezes/chills

2. What if you choose Juggernaut instead of Inquisitor for better tankiness? Wouldn't immortal call + increased duration have insane uptime this way?

1. Yes, but you'll lose some damage, though not that much if you invest points from Avatar of Fire etc well. Also would need to change some support gems.

2. Well, you can. You gain stun immunity, long cwdt ic, and you're a lot tankier against phys damage. Note, you only gain endu charges after you're hit, so on the first hit you'll take normal damage. Could consider swapping ralakesh impatience to stack up charges, then swap back, if you want to play really safe on tough bosses.

But. You lose quite a bit of damage and immunity to ailments. So you'll need to fit at the very least immunity to freeze on your flasks. If you use cyclopean coil you'll be immune to other two anyway. Also we're not crit build so we don't lose the multi from inquis.

In the end you will be a lot harder to kill, so if your goal is HC, or just not dying and pushing high lvl it's not a bad idea.
Last edited by Lirhtim on Feb 26, 2019, 2:16:56 AM
Hi, maybe it was already answered, but I could not find it here so my question is why combo of Concentrated Effect Support + Spell Cascade Support is preferred over Elemental Focus Support + Spell Cascade Support? Is 4% more dmg really better than 30% area of effect? Or did I miss something? Thanks!
"
Hi, maybe it was already answered, but I could not find it here so my question is why combo of Concentrated Effect Support + Spell Cascade Support is preferred over Elemental Focus Support + Spell Cascade Support? Is 4% more dmg really better than 30% area of effect? Or did I miss something? Thanks!

My understanding is that, for icestorm and firestorm specifically, increasing the area of effect of it will increase the area that each individual ice/fire bolt hits, but your bolts end up being spread over a larger area. This means that increasing area of effect does less overall damage to a given target (as each individual bolt is less likely to hit the target), but the skill deals its damage over a wider area. The same applies in reverse: Reducing area of effect of it makes your bolts more concentrated, increasing the likelihood that an individual bolt will hit the target, but each bolt hits a smaller area.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info