[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

ONE QUESTION: what's best approach for Uber Lab (besides final boss) as far and ancillary gems, etc? I died 3x to other issues (traps). I thought Vall Discipline would do the job to get back ES but it's not great. Should I pack on more defensive gems?? Which ones? ANY help is appreciated!

HEY, could one approach be to take these four nodes temporarily??

https://i.imgur.com/6R3D9bA.png

WELL WELL WELL -- I now know to beat bosses like eradicator just gem swap :-)
With purity of lightning and decoy? effing 2 second fight :-)

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7kk8qe/how_do_you_kill_eradicator/

Last edited by d3viant6 on Jan 1, 2019, 4:22:21 PM
So here is where I am at... granted gems arent 20 yet, etc... I just spent the night leveling (leeching) from 74 to 85.. which was interesting. Never saw 260m exp/hour before.

I haven't really messed with it much since more or less completing the story since playing her is really slow compared to winter orb... lol
But winter orb will struggle on bosses that this will be fine at, and this is how I am seeing this char: more for bossing.

https://pastebin.com/0Y1Gd7N0

Not sure where to prioritize gear-wise to be as efficient with currency as possible.

But yes my flasks are funny
yes Uber lab isn't done yet, see above.
Ring corruption is mine.. and missed sadly :(
Last edited by Mysticesper on Jan 2, 2019, 3:46:29 AM
Is there a reason not to use spell echo over cascade/elemental focus? Since the storm stacks, wouldn't it do more damage?
"
Cynegold wrote:
Is there a reason not to use spell echo over cascade/elemental focus? Since the storm stacks, wouldn't it do more damage?

Read the description of the gem
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Spell_Echo_Support
Hi there! I play on standard very casualy, so my questions might look stupid, but i would be very happy if someone can help me a bit. I realy like this build and playstyle, but still have some troubles. Some tough bosses on high tier maps still can kill me, oneshot or sometimes just get over my sustain even with watcher's eye and leech ench. Yes, my gems aren`t 20/20 yet, and im working on it. Also i have just around 1700 int and it seems pretty low. Cos of standrd it's kinda hard to buy really good gear, since majority prefer to play new leagues, as i feel it.
But maybe i did somthing wrong with this char, so you could point me what to correct? I will be very greatful for that. Is there some vays to increase INT that i've missed?
And also how should i prioritize improving my gear? Is INT the most important stat at all, or i should keep my res maxed before? Should i farm some exalts and try to find something decent on poe.trade or crafting my own pieces would be more efficient?
Thanks in advance!
Enjoying this build greatly in BSC. Have managed to drop Hydra map and clear it with basically no issues. Working on getting elder spawned on red now. I am only 83 right now so am obviously missing some passive points, but i was wondering if someone could once over my character and see if there are any glaring issues.

I have about 2Ex worth of currency and would be willing to spend it anywhere, just don't know what would get me the most bang for my buck. I have never played an ES build before so it's all kinda new to me. Chimera did stomp me pretty hard, but that is mostly because i suck at keeping VS/Fortify up on him.

The character running this is Isme_The_Knowing
Last edited by enigma7767 on Jan 8, 2019, 11:06:18 AM
Any ideas how to survive some difficult trap setups?

ONE QUESTION: what's best approach for Uber Lab (besides final boss) as far and ancillary gems, etc? I died 3x to other issues (traps). I thought Vall Discipline would do the job to get back ES but it's not great. Should I pack on more defensive gems?? Which ones? ANY help is appreciated!
Hi @Kelvynn - really enjoying the build, playing Betrayal league casually

Gear is pretty decent, 10k ES but int can be higher (some res are slightly under cap, could improve the rings and get %int)

I've been playing around with Storm Barrier Support - seems to have a lot of synergy (crit is nice) and that phys/lit reduced damage seems quite helpful. Seem to always have 3 charges up at once - the downside is the 110% mana multiplier which occasionally requires a mana flask (and need pay more attention to no mana regen map mods)

Thoughts?

My gear for context

Have also been using the Overflowing Chalice for consecrated ground + extra dps

Haven't played PoE in a few years and this was my first ES build ever - thanks for the fun!
Last edited by mrbob1290 on Jan 16, 2019, 11:04:16 PM
"
Ashvile wrote:
Playing this build in Betrayal and is INSANELY FUN! Might not be the "fastest" map clearing farmer but its still amazingly fast for a channelling build.

I have 2 questions, firstly. Would using Aztiri's gloves be a good idea with +80 INT and now being able to save the skill points to Vaal Pact?

Also have you tried incorporating MoM into this build? Even stacking Cloak of Defiance with MoM to get 50% damage mitigation from mana? I personally have no clue but it just seems a waste to stack INT and get ES and Mana from it, but the mana is wasted being reserved? Maybe if MoM / Shav's so you could reserve HP and mana turns into your HP?

Any advice is happily received :D

MoM on a build that reserve almost all it's mana IS wasteful.

Stacking int IS the way to go

When you are fully equiped without corruptions or even armour giving % int and % attribute, you still get 33% intel increase. This in short mean that each 76 int give you 101 intel!

Let's look at what 100 intel give

Innate to intel:
20% global es
50 mana

Whispering Ice staff:
10% spell damage

Icestorm scaling:

10-30 BASE damage (Singular shard damage!)
0.15 duration of icestorm to its 1.5 second duration.

Now just imagine when you will hit 2k intel. Those buff will translate into:

400% global es
1000 mana (sadly it is almost all reserved)
200% spell damage
200-600 BASE damage (Singular shard damage!)
+3 second duration of icestorm (total 4.5 second* PER CAST!)

*At 4.5 second duration and a cast time of .35 we can stack 12 cast (12.8) as precasting on a boss.

As for Atziri gloves, they aint bad. But they will lower your ES quite a bit for the use they have and the pricetag. Maybe you are used to play more of a life based character. If you ever decided to not buy some life gears because it was missing a few points while having +-170% increased life. Just imagine what happen if you remove a lowly pair of 100 ES when your intel ALONE will give you 400%!

To give you an idea, I have a pair of boots with flush 100 ES and 53 intel. I lose 901 ES if I unequip them. Now, just imagine a good pair of 200 ES gloves with about same intel. You are looking at almost 2k ES loss.

"
mrbob1290 wrote:

Thoughts?

Tested that gem in a few maps and my thoughts about it:
1) I see not much difference on killing speed of thrash mobs, which was great.
2) Killing speeds drops a lot again anything else. One Syndicate member got away on T15 map which haven't happened to me for almost a month. Yikes.
3) Power charges hardly helps at all this build. It makes slightly easier to proc Elemental Overload. Otherwise Power Charges seems useless. Tried to mess with POB and tried to see if getting rid of Elemental Overload and getting more Power charges etc would be worth it. Seemed like having Elemental Overload was still a lot better option.
4) Those defense buffs seemed nice to have though.

Felt like Storm Barrier was crippling my build more than helping.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info