[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

i spent less on my totem builds and they can do all content...i think i spent less or the same on my level 95 golemancer as well and i killed shaper with that,and with this build i cant do anything. i think if this was hybrid than it would be better. my golemancer had 6k ES and 3K life
Without being able to see how you play, or if you've made any errors gearing or treeing, it sounds like you might be stopping too long to kill mobs. (Or you don't have enough Light Radius/Dark Res upgrades)

I use my Spell Cascade Staff, cast to the end of the corridor or screen (1-2 seconds is easily enough) then run forwards and repeat. Mobs either die in the first casts, or die following me, or are too much effort to kill and stay in the dark as I go ahead.

Occasionally pop out a flame dash if there's tanky mobs blocking me from passing.

Also the Watcher's Eye helps a stupidly high amount in Delve, since it gives you a source of "Leech" that works in the Dark.
With the new changes to Dvelve Encounters IV, now we can hope to get 40/40 challenges this league. New encounters added for this challenge are Warbands encounters, Abyss encounter, Bestiary encounter, Talisman encounter and Perandus encounter. Much easier to get now 6/14 for Dvelve Encounters IV challenge :)

Check this reddit post to see how they look on map:

https://amp-reddit-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/9l5ju5/delve_encounters_iv_for_lazy_ppl_like_me/?amp_js_v=0.1&usqp=mq331AQECAEoAQ%3D%3D

P.S. Encounters like these done before the patch don't count towards challenge completion.
Last edited by lilianmarius on Oct 4, 2018, 5:11:25 AM
Hi

I play now a bit more then in the beginning of the league and the maps works really fine. But delving is a pain. til 200 there is no problem with the build. I am near 2000 int and 9,4 k es. Dont have the watchers eye since i was not lucky to get ex. And buy them is really expensive this league.

now my problems.
First i cant see many of the fucking ground effekts with using ice rain. its totaly stupid. Mostly i cast around me and hope there is no thing on the ground what kill me. Then are there such blue spikes from the bottom that make a stupid amount of dmg. Cant see where they come and mostly i run away but if 2 or 3 hit me i am death.
this fucking beasts with this big balls hit like a truck. No idea what to do. Over 280 i run away. if i am fast enought its ok or i die. Also i cant often see them (mostly in sulfit III nodes) the dragon is no problem but if i dont see him (mostly because there is all white of ice rain) i die.
My goal is to go to 300 what is heavy enought for me.
Is there anything i can do. Dark res is 75 light is 150 max flare radius also. I thought about phasing but dont know how it works. Cant the mobs dmg me if i phasing.
Is rly expensive get both stats in that wacther jewel so my question is: Is still viable this build with jewel just with +xx enegy shiel gained for hits?
tyvm im in delve and i have no 15 ex for that jewel like people ask in poe.trade

tyvm
The build has always been viable with just "ES Gained on Hit" discipline mod. Personally I try to get one with a Purity of Ice effect on it as well, since those generally don't add any value to it and we occasionally get some use out of it.

@Ichbin
You'll probably have to play a bit more defensive if you can. Fortify often, consider getting the jewel that buffs the duration, try swapping out Herald of Ash for Purity of Ice. A lot of the irritating damage in Delve is cold.

Phasing, far as I know, give you Move Speed and lets you pass through mobs. It means you can't get jammed in when there's a lot of mobs in the tight spaces, or if you're running through the darkness where they can't die.
There are 2 Watcher's Eye which are best in slot for this build:

Defensive one: Gain +ES from hits while using Discipline / Gain % of your Mana as extra ES while using Clarity - very expensive one.

Offensive one: Gain +ES from hits while using Discipline / Leech ~1.5% of damage while using Vitality - less expensive.

Second one let you replace Life Leech gem from staff with Controlled Destruction which is a massive DPS increase.

I have the 2nd one and with "only" 1980 INT my Shaper DPS according to PoB is currently 48.5K which prolly is the highest value around. The downside is that you need also Enlighten 4 to be able to use Vitality + Discipline + HoA + Arctic Armour. And also not enough mana to switch AA or HoA for Purity of ice or Purity of fire.

P.S. Never saw a tri mode Watcher's Eye with all those 3 mods, that one should be prolly insane for this build.

Last edited by lilianmarius on Oct 4, 2018, 10:46:27 AM
"
Hi

I play now a bit more then in the beginning of the league and the maps works really fine. But delving is a pain. til 200 there is no problem with the build. I am near 2000 int and 9,4 k es. Dont have the watchers eye since i was not lucky to get ex. And buy them is really expensive this league.

now my problems.
First i cant see many of the fucking ground effekts with using ice rain. its totaly stupid. Mostly i cast around me and hope there is no thing on the ground what kill me. Then are there such blue spikes from the bottom that make a stupid amount of dmg. Cant see where they come and mostly i run away but if 2 or 3 hit me i am death.
this fucking beasts with this big balls hit like a truck. No idea what to do. Over 280 i run away. if i am fast enought its ok or i die. Also i cant often see them (mostly in sulfit III nodes) the dragon is no problem but if i dont see him (mostly because there is all white of ice rain) i die.
My goal is to go to 300 what is heavy enought for me.
Is there anything i can do. Dark res is 75 light is 150 max flare radius also. I thought about phasing but dont know how it works. Cant the mobs dmg me if i phasing.

The ground effect doesn't seem to deal large damage. My ES once slowly dropped to 0 after Sulphite III when I was distracted. After that I use Vaal Discipline and use it whenever I see my ES starts to drop for no reason (looks that there isn't an icon on the top-left screen when you are on these degen ground effects). I also Flame Dash to a clean place from time to from in some encounters.

If your goal is just 300, you can try to avoid the path with bad mods.
"
lilianmarius wrote:
There are 2 Watcher's Eye which are best in slot for this build:

Defensive one: Gain +ES from hits while using Discipline / Gain % of your Mana as extra ES while using Clarity - very expensive one.

Offensive one: Gain +ES from hits while using Discipline / Leech ~1.5% of damage while using Vitality - less expensive.

Second one let you replace Life Leech gem from staff with Controlled Destruction which is a massive DPS increase.

I have the 2nd one and with "only" 1980 INT my Shaper DPS according to PoB is currently 48.5K which prolly is the highest value around. The downside is that you need also Enlighten 4 to be able to use Vitality + Discipline + HoA + Arctic Armour. And also not enough mana to switch AA or HoA for Purity of ice or Purity of fire.

P.S. Never saw a tri mode Watcher's Eye with all those 3 mods, that one should be prolly insane for this build.

BTW, the 'Mana' in 'Gain % of your Mana as extra ES while using Clarity' is calculated using the base mana, not the actual mana after inc/more modifiers. The ES gain equals to 'base mana * conversion ratio * (ES inc + mana inc)'
I was excited before buying one the last league (should have tried PoB before the purchase).
Nice build to go with the staff I recently picked up :)

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info