[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
Dæmonit wrote:
Hi! Im new to poe and im trying to follow your build , its looks fun and smooth, would you pls link pasterbin pls , so i can test and such.

Thx :)

"
NoImagination wrote:
"
Anyone got the PoB-link from this build? I somehow cannot find it anymore and I did'nt save it. Thanks.

"
lilianmarius wrote:
Link from PoB with numbers: https://pastebin.com/R8s0AEBd

Is a variant from a couple of pages back.

https://pastebin.com/TNXrqsT5 is how I'm doing it. Both are mid 90s so have moved away from how you should be doing it to get to 90.

https://pastebin.com/guuSGRfN is Kelvynn's from Bestiary.
"
Dæmonit wrote:
Hi! Im new to poe and im trying to follow your build , its looks fun and smooth, would you pls link pasterbin pls , so i can test and such.

Thx :)

There is a PoB pastebin link in the description of each video with the exact character used in it. Plus there is a pastebin from 3.2 in 'My Gear' section, that's very modest and budget by 3.3 standards. I'll update my final 3.3 gear there soon, but that's going to be scary, especially with the new amu :)
"
Windgaming wrote:
"
Kryshlom wrote:

For legacy Pyre this seems so fine i think.

What's the connection between legacy Pyre and local damage mod on your weapon? :)
If there was "Adds 23 to 41 cold damage to spells" then it would be useful, otherwise it doesnt increase the damage of the Icestorm.

GGG wording is not always clear. There is a boot enchantment that just "adds N fire damage if you have killed recently" and it works with spell damage too. But in the case of the vaal weapon mod it definitely looks like a local mod - you can see it listed in the damage values of the staff.

Even if it wasn't local, I wouldn't trade 18% block for a small extra damage mod.
Bit offtopic, but I figure this thread has a lot of practice pricing 'wrong' corruptions on Coils. Which other builds use them? Is this good?

"
Kryshlom wrote:
"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
Kryshlom wrote:
Spoiler

Just boast

Pretty sure that cold damage is local, and won't be applied to icestorm.

For legacy Pyre this seems so fine i think.

Sadly, no.
In the first place, we have 100% conversion even without legacy pyre (we have "avatar of fire + cold to fire support" instead), but it still don't help with local mods.

Basically, as you can see, that elemental damage was added in weapon damage above in primary stats. It 100% means that it just boosted your weapon damage (local mod), and spells aren't affected by it.
Last edited by Med1umentor on Jul 9, 2018, 4:46:11 AM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
and how in the world can you capped you res with this rings ?

i had two or three similar rings but without res i have no chance to cap res.

if i have a ring like yours (only 5 % int) i see him as bricked and sold him.

did i miss something to get the res ?

After the chest, helmet, boots and gloves are done, use whatever rings to max resists (Int/ES/res) and start vaaling rings. My search was: 50+ Int, 40+ ES, 30+ total res (explicit only on those things). Once I successfully vaaled one ring, I took off the other one and wrote down the remaining resists that I needed on the other one, and searched for those specific resists. So the 2nd ring took a while to make.

In retrospective, I should have searched for more total resists on the 1st ring, before I needed specific values. That would have made things much easier for the 2nd ring.

ok then your luckier then me. But thanks for the great description. i will try this now with rings. I vaaled now over 50 rings and the only good thing i had was

And that was i misclick :-( i has no res
normaly something like that happens

and one ring was

at this point i looked only for dmg.
but this two was the only useable corruptions in 52 rings. So i am tired :-(
not to forget the 13 cyclopean and the 4 astramentis. all bricked.

but with the strategie from you i will try it again. But i have most things only my gloves and chest has no res. i still need the 23 on the amulett. but i have to much fire and cold. So its the better strategie to look to the first ring and then the remaining.

but, if i am really objective its not needet. I have more dmg as in all other leages and with the wise oak incursions are much easyer. only temp chain dont work. And i made a lot of tmp chain maps as they are really cheap :-).
so its a nice to have thing and red tier elder is really easy with my setup shaper no problem uber atziri i try next weekend as i have no time this week. So all things went really good.
but the wishlist in this leage is higher then ever :-)
And so much currency wasted to get this things i never had in any leage :-)
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Graiaule wrote:
I had no idea that corrupting a ring could get you two implicits. I thought you had to use the temple corruption chamber to do that!

Where is this information listed, that we now have new corrupted affixes available for rings? (I assume we weren't able to do this in previous leagues!)

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vaal_Orb#List_of_item_corrupted_implicit_modifiers

It's 1 mod, but there are 2 such mods (Int+Str and Int+Dex).

the benefit from altar is you can get both implizits and so in best case 12 % int. I saw 2 people in reddit showing that. But its not in price reach for normal people. :-(
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Oooohhhh booooyyyyyyyy!!! Look what just randomly happened at the Altar of Corruption...

GG GGG!

GZ :-)

The luck is shining on you. thats ok. On the other side i wont know how many astramentis that cost.
Hey Kelvynn, I'm a big fan of your build, played it a couple of seasons ago and now I wanted to play your build again. I have even invested a few EX in my character, sometimes well not so good and wanted to ask you how I can come to almost 10,000 lives?

2nd question:
I always have big problems in maps or bosses, I get a lot of damage in and die regularly. When I watch your videos like this, you just stand on the boss (facetank) and kill him instantly. Unfortunately, that's not possible with me. : / Maybe you have some tips for me what I can change so that everything works properly?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/KTOFL/characters

If you have time, you could look at my character profile. I would be very happy.

ps: sorry for my bad English, German to English Translate :D
Last edited by jIZHO on Jul 9, 2018, 7:20:28 AM
You aren't going to get to 10k ES til you are in the 90s, and your gear looks fine to me for where you are. It should be easy to get an 18% int whispering ice though, here're some from ~12c: http://poe.trade/search/tekogasitazuma

The reason we can facetank most bosses is a) vigilant strike, and b) watcher's eye. You are missing the former, but it's very good. You run up to a boss, thunk him in the face with your staff, and get huge defence bonusses. The latter gives you up to 30 ES per hit, and makes you MUCH safer.

There're some for 35-40c: http://poe.trade/search/ukodokohahuset

Your flasks are bad: there's no need for a life flask at all, you don't need two sulphur, and you don't need two quicksilver. I think this works better:

I can activate all but the sulphur flask, run straight up to the boss as my quicksilver flask is only about burst speed, hit him with vigilant strike, then start casting ice storm and activating the last flask.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jul 9, 2018, 8:00:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info