[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

So I've been playing IHC and after losing my Deadeye I've decided to switch to ISC to do all of the challenges. I'm curious how this build fares as a "league starter" (if we exclude flashy gear), likely not going to be playing SSF but everyone I know plays IHC so I'll have 'no handouts' (and I dislike accepting them to be honest).

Thanks!
"
lilianmarius wrote:
-removed Ancestral Call (from vigilant Strike setup) & Immortal Call (from Cast When Damage Taken setup ) to be able to socket Enlighten lv.4 & Vitality

I'd rather drop Flame Golem than IC and run with double Chaos golems.
I divined my Watcher's Eye to get 30 ES on hit, and along with the DPS boost (PoB says 57k per hit now), I feel practically invincible in T16s at the moment. For anyone unsure on their next upgrade, max ES on hit is really nice.

"
nymzeepoe wrote:
So I've been playing IHC and after losing my Deadeye I've decided to switch to ISC to do all of the challenges. I'm curious how this build fares as a "league starter" (if we exclude flashy gear), likely not going to be playing SSF but everyone I know plays IHC so I'll have 'no handouts' (and I dislike accepting them to be honest).

Thanks!

It's moderately difficult at the start of the league, but now you can get whispering ice practically for free, so you'll be fine. A lot of the early ES gear was cheap at that stage of the league but expensive now, but you'll be able to farm by the time those are your best upgrades.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jul 2, 2018, 12:27:37 PM
Any tips on this?

Defeat The Infernal King without taking damage from the fiery mortars

Are 'fiery mortars' from boss' attack or environment?
Looks that you can't precast on the boss (it is triggered as soon as you enter the arena).
"
vbvan wrote:
Any tips on this?

Looks that you can't precast on the boss (it is triggered as soon as you enter the arena).

I assume the environmental ones, that I believe cover 1/3rd of the arena at a time. You might be able to avoid them by standing in the doorway though, I'm pretty sure it extends out of the arena a small ways. But, if you can't just facetank him at the door for it then you'll have to keep moving around the arena.
"
Zephryl wrote:
"
vbvan wrote:
Any tips on this?

I assume the environmental ones, that I believe cover 1/3rd of the arena at a time. You might be able to avoid them by standing in the doorway though, I'm pretty sure it extends out of the arena a small ways. But, if you can't just facetank him at the door for it then you'll have to keep moving around the arena.

I stood still after entering the arena and didn't get the challenge. Looks that the environmental ones can reach the doorway I stood at. I guess I need to dodge them.
"
lilianmarius wrote:
Made some end game improvements and changes to my skill tree and gem setup:

-bought 1 Watcher's Eye jewel with +25 ES gained for each enemy hit while using Discipline and 1.45% of damage leeched as life while using Vitality (1 exalt)
-bought Enlighten level 4 (3.5 exalts)
-bought Controlled Destruction 21/20 (1 exalt)

Total cost 5.5 exalts

-removed the Jewel socket node near CI (4 nodes) + 1 ES node near Witch start and invested them in Sovereignty cluster (near AOF) to get 14% mana reserved reduced
-changed Life Leech gem from staff setup with Controlled Destruction (you get the leech from jewel)
-removed Ancestral Call (from vigilant Strike setup) & Immortal Call (from Cast When Damage Taken setup ) to be able to socket Enlighten lv.4 & Vitality

Now i am running : Discipline + Arctic Armour + Vitality with Enlighten lv4 and also Herald of Ash and still have 127 mana unreserved (7%)

The increase in DPS numbers is quite big:

Before the changes the Shaper DPS was:
-with Enfeeble in chest setup: 34.1K
-with Flammability in chest setup: 36.94K

After the changes the Shaper DPS was:
-with Enfeeble in chest setup: 46.85K
-with Flammability in chest setup: 50.8K

Minor (in my opinion) losses with the new setup:
-164 ES (10.017 vs 9.853)
-0.55% life leech
-Immortal call and Ancestral call

So in my opinion if you can afford these changes (5-6 exalts) the gain in DPS worth loosing some minor defenses.

With these changes now even T16 incursions are now safely done and just in time for my character

P.S. Controlled Destruction is better than Fire Penetration socketed in staff (normal mobs , normal bosses , Shaper) according to PoB numbers

On top of these numbers , add the Wise Oak flask effect (my fire resist is highest) to gain ~6K more DPS with almost 0 downtime!

Link from PoB with numbers: https://pastebin.com/R8s0AEBd

P.S.2 The setup works even with a lv3 Enlighten (~30 chaos) but you need at least 2 corrupted jewels with 1% reduced mana reserved.

will it work with anger rather than vitality?
"
gruumine wrote:

will it work with anger rather than vitality?

Very much not, Anger is a base %50 reservation whereas Vitality is only 35.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
lilianmarius wrote:

LOL that's an interesting ideea! You say that when CWDT procs will trigger 2x Chaos Golems with only one gem socketed though? Will try it tonight :)
Last edited by lilianmarius on Jul 3, 2018, 1:59:18 AM
"
lilianmarius wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
lilianmarius wrote:

LOL that's an interesting ideea! You say that when CWDT procs will trigger 2x Chaos Golems with only one gem socketed though? Will try it tonight :)

You will get two Chaos Golems if CWDT triggers twice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info