[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
rozakk wrote:
i feel like the map mods may scale funny with the incursions, or maybe its just cuz the incursion mobs already have certain innate buffs. Like when i did a, +48% max life i think, map mod on a t14, i barely noticed the difference on the regular map monsters. But in the incursion it was painfully slow and I barely killed a few packs.

If you do 100 damage per hit, and the mobs go from 40 to 60 life, you won't notice. What's happening is that the incursions are huge upgrades on the area that they appear in.
it looks like precast ice shards as they are falling get the dmg buff from whatever u do after precasting? like when i get ice comet rolling as izaro come out, if i pop vaal rf just as he becomes hittable oh man does he melt instantly.
"
rozakk wrote:
it looks like precast ice shards as they are falling get the dmg buff from whatever u do after precasting? like when i get ice comet rolling as izaro come out, if i pop vaal rf just as he becomes hittable oh man does he melt instantly.

Does he melt less instantly when you don't cast it? From my experience Izaro just melts no matter what.

Edit: Although if you're using Vaal RF, I don't think that has any buff component? And if you meant Impurity of Fire, then that's a debuff so it'll effect everything still going.

Last edited by Zephryl on Jul 1, 2018, 9:45:59 AM
"
rozakk wrote:

The damage of Icestorm hits is calculated when they hit, not when you cast it. That is why you can see me pre-casting on the Shaper while he talks and then dashing to him and popping Orb and flasks just before he goes active - to trigger all possible damage buffs.

You can definitely use VRF for an extra damage mod. With the extra duration from our nodes and maybe even Inc Duration (can swap the golems for it).
Where to put passives after level 90?
"
Cabeza2000 wrote:
Where to put passives after level 90?

read the levelling guide in post 4 and pick something. or do your own thing. i'm taking the sockets and +30 dex nodes near EO and CI myself...
oh lord

rng is a fucking bitch

why no int?

Made some end game improvements and changes to my skill tree and gem setup:

-bought 1 Watcher's Eye jewel with +25 ES gained for each enemy hit while using Discipline and 1.45% of damage leeched as life while using Vitality (1 exalt)
-bought Enlighten level 4 (3.5 exalts)
-bought Controlled Destruction 21/20 (1 exalt)

Total cost 5.5 exalts

-removed the Jewel socket node near CI (4 nodes) + 1 ES node near Witch start and invested them in Sovereignty cluster (near AOF) to get 14% mana reserved reduced
-changed Life Leech gem from staff setup with Controlled Destruction (you get the leech from jewel)
-removed Ancestral Call (from vigilant Strike setup) & Immortal Call (from Cast When Damage Taken setup ) to be able to socket Enlighten lv.4 & Vitality

Now i am running : Discipline + Arctic Armour + Vitality with Enlighten lv4 and also Herald of Ash and still have 127 mana unreserved (7%)

The increase in DPS numbers is quite big:

Before the changes the Shaper DPS was:
-with Enfeeble in chest setup: 34.1K
-with Flammability in chest setup: 36.94K

After the changes the Shaper DPS was:
-with Enfeeble in chest setup: 46.85K
-with Flammability in chest setup: 50.8K

Minor (in my opinion) losses with the new setup:
-164 ES (10.017 vs 9.853)
-0.55% life leech
-Immortal call and Ancestral call

So in my opinion if you can afford these changes (5-6 exalts) the gain in DPS worth loosing some minor defenses.

With these changes now even T16 incursions are now safely done and just in time for my character

P.S. Controlled Destruction is better than Fire Penetration socketed in staff (normal mobs , normal bosses , Shaper) according to PoB numbers

On top of these numbers , add the Wise Oak flask effect (my fire resist is highest) to gain ~6K more DPS with almost 0 downtime!

Link from PoB with numbers: https://pastebin.com/R8s0AEBd

P.S.2 The setup works even with a lv3 Enlighten (~30 chaos) but you need at least 2 corrupted jewels with 1% reduced mana reserved.

Last edited by lilianmarius on Jul 2, 2018, 9:41:07 AM
"
oh lord

rng is a fucking bitch

why no int?

5700 alts in so far for me. la la la. Bought this for 1ex, but it isn't the same damnit.

Last edited by NoImagination on Jul 2, 2018, 9:39:48 AM
"
lilianmarius wrote:
Made some end game improvements and changes to my skill tree and gem setup

I've done much the same, but I think the important gain is that you can get 10% move speed if-not-hit-recently on your boots. I kept immortal call and dropped enlighten. I have 6 1% reserved jewels instead, tho it means one has to be Turmoil for now. 70 mana unreserved.

I only just got 6L, so I'll switch to controlled destruction as 6th socket too, thanks for reminding me.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jul 2, 2018, 9:42:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info