Your mind goes dark, your body weak.

Wow those are amazing! /drool
Am I supposed to clobber Doedre with a pair of Windscreams? Usually I don't hold greaves.
"
tasetase wrote:
Am I supposed to clobber Doedre with a pair of Windscreams? Usually I don't hold greaves.

Fated prophecies were changed (in 3.1) to only require you to have the item in your inventory to upgrade it.

No more needing to swap out gear and cull or whatnot to get your fated items.
Last edited by Shppy on Mar 1, 2018, 9:07:23 PM
This is good game design. Enhancing an old unique without making it utterly broken. I was afraid you were going to give it ES. But good thing you didn't. Even though I'm thinking of running Occultist Doedre's Scorn/Skin build, using these boots still isn't exactly obvious or mandatory for me personally due to lack of ES.
Last edited by BearCares on Mar 1, 2018, 9:09:43 PM
While I would have preferred 5-10% Curse Effectiveness instead of Area of Effect, since area increases don't really help the two builds I use Windscream with, the increase in movement speed and the marginal upgrade of armor is at least beneficial to one of them. Had hoped for something a bit different, but I'll take it. Who'd say no to a slightly better version of something you need anyway? ^_ ^
Unless you're self casting, the added AoE is pretty minimal. For blasphemy it is okay, but most builds that run blasphemy have to get reasonably close anyway. Curse on hit doesn't really care.

Over-all still a nice pair of boots, nothing special.
Divination Card - Emperor's Luck.
"
Isindel wrote:
Unless you're self casting, the added AoE is pretty minimal. For blasphemy it is okay, but most builds that run blasphemy have to get reasonably close anyway. Curse on hit doesn't really care.

I agree that these boots aren't *incredible* but I'd say they are "special", and more people will probably run them than you expect.

The biggest place these boots shine is temp chains. ED, especially, is a ranged build that relies on blasphemy to keep mid-range mobs away. The blasphemy radius achievable up to now has been much lower than the -chaosres aura that occultist gets (which is basically 1 whole screen), so being able to keep monsters at bay from a medium distance via temp chains kicking in sooner is actually a pretty great bonus. Not to mention the enfeeble aura now preventing a higher percentage of ranged damage.
"
Isindel wrote:

It gets quite ridiculous with the star of wraeclast though... you'd get a total of 120% increased curse aoe from only two items. Which on a lvl 20 blasphemy is almost enough to cover the entire screen
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Shppy wrote:
Looks quite good. Inb4 people continue complaining 'it's got no life'.

It would actually be almost too good if it had 60-80 life considering it has 25ms, 15 ele dmg and 15 all resists already.

I'm happy with where it is, with a life roll I can't imagine many people not wanting to fit this in somewhere. But that's a pretty upgrade.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
coooooooooooool

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info