[3.9] Frostblades Assassin SSF Viable. 1M+ DPS w/ Budget gear! League starter! Insane Clear Speed

"
tragic_nate wrote:
Ambush might be worth taking first. When leveling it is a solid 30% dps increase and we have a decent 12 second duration on frenzy bought time we are done with lab so its quite easy to keep them up.

Also, wanted to thank you for making this. I was trying do the same thing but had a horrible tree. So I ditched starting with frost blade for something I never played before and absolutely hated it.

Yea, I was thinking that but it is only 100% increased crit chance. And while at first that sounds great. Your crit chance around level 30 is like probably 20. So it would be 40 chance to crit. but only while they are at full life / low life. So I think the power charges are better for a more reliable solution. However it could be better. If someone wants to be a guinea pig and try it be my guest.

Also sorry to hear about your failed attempt at the frostblades. I had to go through many iterations to end up with this tree so I know all about that.

Edit: To add to the ambush & assassinate discussion, I tried to make a basic level 40 style gear character with the standard stuff you'd have by that point and it seems to be about the same DPS wise. So I guess it really boils down to what feels better. Hitting a crit right on the first attack then dealing with no crits until he's down to lowlife or having guaranteed power charges. I suppose you could also always roll with assassin's mark with herald of ice if you play with Ambush & assassinate.
Last edited by Reloads on Mar 4, 2018, 2:24:29 AM
Yea ambush is probably only worth it for first pick if you are rolling one after league start. With leveling unique the extra crit chance with HoI is just destroying things. Thanks for the tip on ruthless. When I was trying to level up frost blades I was trying to run a dual strike set up for single target but that is a pain and then you get screwed trying to pick between physical/elemental nodes on the tree. Just gem swaping for higher single target frost blades works extremely well.
I am a PoE noob so I am just learning about stat sticks. While it is fairly obvious how why stat sticks work with skill that require a specific weapon. However, frost blade says melee weapon? So does a stat stick not work with frost blades? Or are you main handing touch of anguish for the chain and then boosting your physical damage with a really high rolled foil?
"
tragic_nate wrote:
I am a PoE noob so I am just learning about stat sticks. While it is fairly obvious how why stat sticks work with skill that require a specific weapon. However, frost blade says melee weapon? So does a stat stick not work with frost blades? Or are you main handing touch of anguish for the chain and then boosting your physical damage with a really high rolled foil?

Indeed, the principle of a stat stick is that it provides buffs to your damage while having crap stats for its own damage, so we use them with an attack that can not use your stat stick's type of weapon so that you benefit from it the most.
As you said, Frost Blades can use every type of melee weapon so a stat stick isn't an option for the gear since it would be a weapon that can be used with Frost Blades, resulting in a lower DPS compared to what you should have.

If anything I said is wrong, please do not hesitate to say so :)
"
tragic_nate wrote:

As the guy above me said, Stat sticks do not work with frostblades because any weapon is usable with it.
And we also use two touch of anguish's because the freeze and chain stacks. So even though we won't always freeze on crits anymore, we'll have 30% chance to freeze in general. With our 6.6 Attack speed at endgame, that is plenty.
Last edited by Reloads on Mar 4, 2018, 11:28:15 AM
Pantheon suggestions?
"
Nooblarz wrote:
Pantheon suggestions?

Right now, I'm doing brine king + Tukuhama. Seems to be doing pretty well at the moment. Still trying to find the best one. I think brine king is a must though for the stun avoidance.
Why did you take at tree Life and mana leech, if u have at claw Soul Raker? mb better take Vitality Void ?
From what I can tell, we need it. At least if you want to run maps have have reduced mana regen/leech. If you want to not be able to do certain map rolls you can get rid of it. But I still feel its very helpful.
hey what is good set for leveling, i didnt understand how you had it set up on presbin or in this site, maybe just general items and gem set ups?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info