Oni-Goroshi in Current League - are You gonna farm it or drop it?

Great OG stories!. I have my one this league, but am going for two and have my three scions at 8.4 and slowly climbing at about .3% per run. The other two will go to standard where I have other runners ready to pick up the chase once again. I think I have two still in the have there now. If POE2 brings us a new TS challenge, I will have a posse at levels 7 and 8 ready to take up the challenge!
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
I got my second! Perfect roll. and here is the gear I had for the fight:

And the sword:

It took my guy 9 hours and 18 minutes of action to do it. He is at level 8.48

And since Heist is being patched and tweaked, I get to get going there after much of the heartache has been addressed. :)
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
ChanBalam wrote:
I have four scions in rotation at level 8. No sword yet.

It took me about 3 hours each to get all four to level 7 and not much less to get them all to level 8.

I figured the math on level 7 though. If you just run to Hillock you get 60 exp points and can do that about every minute in a rotation, including transitions. That needs some kind of speed boost. 10% or more.

If you full clear at level 7 you get 5 exp points per zombie and 60 for Hillock and can generate 200 points pretty easily in a minute and a half rotation. There are at least 30 zombies in each TS map. 150+60=210

In four full clears, including transitions, over 6 minutes you earn ~800 points total
In six "run straight to Hillock" over 6 minutes you earn 360 points

Yeah but goal is to get OG not to maximise XP gained. More Hillock kills = more chances to get OG.

Im taking a break from PoE. Just uninstalled. Probably will get back on PoE 2 but dunno.

Enjoy all OG runners.
I want to try to farm the sword from the fables but I need 2 bits of informations and first is hardcore league have a lower drop chance or spawn? and second can you tell me like how many hours i will need to farm in hours per char?
We deserve what we tolerate!
"
EratheiL wrote:
I want to try to farm the sword from the fables but I need 2 bits of informations and first is hardcore league have a lower drop chance or spawn? and second can you tell me like how many hours i will need to farm in hours per char?

The ABSOLUTE best way to get it is to farm TS.
The div cards have one of the worst drop rates ever.

There is no difference in the drop rate of the sword in HC vs SC.
Be patient, some have gotten it at level 7 (my first one was like that)
Most have to go to 8 and, god help us, Arrowneus has a level 9 club.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
EratheiL wrote:

If You want one OG create 4 runners and do rotas with them. Level them to 7 and after that just go for Hillock.

Scion is best huntHer.
Last edited by de99ial on Sep 23, 2020, 11:35:06 PM
"
EratheiL wrote:

Doing this on HC is either super brave or extra insane?! I've farmed OG four times. I died only once on the last OG. If I had not been able to log back in and get the same instance with Uber Hillock I shudder to think what severe psychological damage might have been done. LOL
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Decided to farm an oni this league. Ran 3 rangers (slower than scion I know). First dropped at 3h mark, shortly after reaching level 8 on first char. Second dropped at 3h 10m mark, again shortly after reaching level 8 on second char. 3 char is at 3h 25m mark, level 8.09. I'm probably just being greedy wanting the 3rd, especially in softcore... ah well.

Actually not a terrible experience tbh. It took me longer to farm cards for a tabula in SSFHC lol.
So after which level I should only kill hillock and not clearing the beach?
most people usually kill only Hillock as soon as they reach Level 7, but some did it from Level 6 on.
Just do it! And keep it simple -
Things will become complicated by itself.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info