[3.17] For Marauder - Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam Build

Why is there not a variant for EO without Vaal Pact? That's definitely the route I'm considering, especially since with a build that generates this many hits you can use Poacher's Mark or just a big LGoH ring for plenty of instant sustain.
"
Zailod wrote:
Since we use Devoto and Bronn, isnt worth spend 1 point in Iron Reflexes? also help if u have evasion gloves/boots, or that evasion is better than armour?

armor's mitigation maxes out at armor/10 damage. Unless you're investing heavily enough to get 25-40k armor it won't be able to save you from being one-shotted. You'd need to make a major investment in armor beyond the standard build before it became worthwhile. Meanwhile with Bronn and no IR, you've got an ~40% chance to evade which is an effective 40% mitigation against numerous small hits and a 40% chance not to be one shot by big hits.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
"
Summoner wrote:
"
Zailod wrote:
Since we use Devoto and Bronn, isnt worth spend 1 point in Iron Reflexes? also help if u have evasion gloves/boots, or that evasion is better than armour?

armor's mitigation maxes out at armor/10 damage. Unless you're investing heavily enough to get 25-40k armor it won't be able to save you from being one-shotted. You'd need to make a major investment in armor beyond the standard build before it became worthwhile. Meanwhile with Bronn and no IR, you've got an ~40% chance to evade which is an effective 40% mitigation against numerous small hits and a 40% chance not to be one shot by big hits.

Thanks for the answer.
With Iron reflexes + Flask I have 19,571 armour so it's not worth it if i need 25-40k.
"
Zailod wrote:
"
Summoner wrote:
"
Zailod wrote:

Thanks for the answer.
With Iron reflexes + Flask I have 19,571 armour so it's not worth it if i need 25-40k.

No, at that level it's probably not worthwhile. Iron reflex builds normally use a jade flask and grace, you'd need at least one of them and ideally both (25k is more of a specin point than an end game ideal level). You could use a jade flask instead of a quicksilver, but losing the movement speed probably isn't going to be much fun. Impressence, herald of ash (instead of hatred/anger), and grace might work. Not sure how much using HOA would ipmact your DPS.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
"
C0Y0T3_SLY wrote:
Why is there not a variant for EO without Vaal Pact? That's definitely the route I'm considering, especially since with a build that generates this many hits you can use Poacher's Mark or just a big LGoH ring for plenty of instant sustain.

You can definitely pick EO and un-spec Vaal Pact from it and try out life gain on hit to see if you are able to sustain higher tier maps.
Playing with EO, without VP & lgoh
Dual beyond on tier 15/16 easy, tho i got different setup in bronns with comk and volatile dead. For those who has problems colouring broons u can try that out for fast map clearance
my mirror threads
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3062247
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2181923
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1929875
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1929842
Question: if I am running VP + EO build, what is the best way to use Blood Rage. When I am travelling between packs in maps, I lose a ton of hp. Am I suppose to be using Blood Rage there or should I only use it when I am fighting a boss?
When do you switch to Cyclone? I'm 55, tried Cyclone, went back to Sunder. Sunder with Onslaught still seems faster than Cyclone.

This is my first full league. Jumped into the second half of Abyss and mostly ran around confused. A little more confident now, but still unsure that I'm doing things optimally. I've killed Elder Guardians and Elder (Tier 13 or 14) and haven't really struggled at all. However, I just ran Carcass without trouble and got a Maze of the Minotaur drop. Jumped into it and got decimated by Minotaur (who from my understanding is the easiest guardian). Any advice on what my next few improvements should be?

(Cobalt jewel is because I'm 26 INT short.)
Last edited by Killasaurus_Warbear on Apr 30, 2018, 10:36:24 PM
"
teadrinker89 wrote:
Question: if I am running VP + EO build, what is the best way to use Blood Rage. When I am travelling between packs in maps, I lose a ton of hp. Am I suppose to be using Blood Rage there or should I only use it when I am fighting a boss?

Use of Blood Rage depends on how well you are at managing the degen. It is optional so you can always drop this gem if you find managing it a hassle when you are on Vaal Pact.

Blood Rage is much more friendlier with non-Vaal Pact trees. :)

"
rAx wrote:
When do you switch to Cyclone? I'm 55, tried Cyclone, went back to Sunder. Sunder with Onslaught still seems faster than Cyclone.

When you are able to equip Ngamahu at level 55, you will switch to Cyclone.

"
Spoiler

This is my first full league. Jumped into the second half of Abyss and mostly ran around confused. A little more confident now, but still unsure that I'm doing things optimally. I've killed Elder Guardians and Elder (Tier 13 or 14) and haven't really struggled at all. However, I just ran Carcass without trouble and got a Maze of the Minotaur drop. Jumped into it and got decimated by Minotaur (who from my understanding is the easiest guardian). Any advice on what my next few improvements should be?

(Cobalt jewel is because I'm 26 INT short.)

Upgrades you can consider:

• 2 abyssal sockets version of Tombfist
  • Elder rare amulet with extra fire damage
  • Stygian rare belt with rolls similar to your leather belt
  • Opal/steel rings. Mana leech on rings do not work with the build because you deal 0 physical damage.
  • anti-freeze on your quick silver flask
  • Atziri's Promise will give you huge damage boost
  • Prioritise life rolls over damage rolls on your jewels
  • 3R2B1G on your Bronn (very difficult to color)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info