[3.3] Death Star - Barrage / KB Miner

How bad/good would be this build with deadeye instead of pathfinder?
"
Narnis wrote:
How bad/good would be this build with deadeye instead of pathfinder?

I've not tried it myself, but:

Deadeye strikes me as an effective budget solution, as it solves for accuracy without Lycosidae and grants you an extra projectile prior to Dying Sun. Take Endless Munitions, Fast and Deadly, and Powerful Precision (drop Pierce on KB). The obvious downside here is flask uptime / effectiveness and having to solve for ailments.

"
En3ka wrote:
another "cheap" build :(

Deadeye with a Tabula and a Piscator's. It's easy enough to concoct a budget version of the build once you understand how it works in the abstract.

If there's enough interest in a budget / starter guide, I'll add it.
Last edited by kechari on Mar 6, 2018, 5:52:27 PM
sorry mate one more!

would we be able to use piscators until we find a decent wand?
"
sknabi wrote:
would we be able to use piscators until we find a decent wand?

Since we don't care about attack speed, it's not very difficult to out-perform Piscator's. Slapping a high-tier Essence of Torment on an ilvl 82 (opens up T1 ele pen) shaped wand is a sound strategy. If it lands crit or you can master craft crit, you should be good to go.

Running a live version of your build in POB to compare potential wand upgrades is highly recommended.
Last edited by kechari on Mar 6, 2018, 7:16:34 PM
it would actually be awesome if you can create a starter guide section haha ^^~

so far i have been leveling with a bow until i unlocked kinetic blast at lvl 28, but the aoe of the kinetic blast is really small and not enough health pool and mana around that level to fight bosses that require multiple barrage triggers (im looking at you red beasts). Still pretty fun, and i think Ill just stick to leveling with mines for now!

currently using dual storm prisons and prism weave.

Try a vaal clarity with increased duration / efficacy. That should help a lot until your mana pool scales up.

Edit: And grab the pierce nodes (Piercing Shot) on the tree temporarily. That will solve for your KB aoe issue.
Last edited by kechari on Mar 6, 2018, 7:48:17 PM
why use ranger over sabo?
"
sivertry wrote:

For Pathfinder: flask uptime and effectiveness—Vinktar in particular. For Deadeye: strong out of the gate on a smaller budget.

That said, Sabo would also be very strong as of 3.2. Matter of personal taste, more than anything else.
Last edited by kechari on Mar 6, 2018, 10:55:07 PM
"
kechari wrote:
"
sivertry wrote:

For Pathfinder: flask uptime and effectiveness—Vinktar in particular. For Deadeye: strong out of the gate on a smaller budget.

That said, Sabo would also be very strong as of 3.2. Matter of personal taste, more than anything else.

Hi a few questions, I'm Lvling as Sabo, which ascendancy I take? Born in shadow or the aoe damage one?
We don't need gmp for kinec blast? Just swapped to mines at lv 28 from bow and it's quite painful haha maybe I should wait more lvl before the swap.
Essence worm for wraith? At what point u can sustain mana for mapping? I noticed u don't even use mana pots and kinec blast mines quite high mana cost
Thx

p.s
Sabo has better mine laying speed and arming speed but man not able to shield charge and just rely on walking is slow
Pathfinder at least get movement speed boost, how chunky it is for Pathfinder to do mines for mapping, do u have a video of ur Pathfinder mapping?
"
sivertry wrote:
Hi a few questions, I'm Lvling as Sabo, which ascendancy I take? Born in shadow or the aoe damage one?

You're in uncharted territory as Sabo, as I can't speak from experience here. My hunch is Demolitions Expert and Pyromaniac for sure, with your choice of Born in the Shadows or Explosives Expert.

"
We don't need gmp for kinec blast? Just swapped to mines at lv 28 from bow and it's quite painful haha maybe I should wait more lvl before the swap.

Minefield essentially is your Volley/LMP—which is all you'd have access to at low level, anyway. With two placements, you are already producing more projectiles than a GMP KB setup. With Pierce nodes, this should be feeling pretty sufficient.

Consider picking up a Prismweave as well—they are incredibly strong early on.

"
At what point u can sustain mana for mapping? I noticed u don't even use mana pots and kinec blast mines quite high mana cost

I've added a leveling section with tips for solving early-game mana. Essence Worm isn't a bad idea at all.

"
Sabo has better mine laying speed and arming speed but man not able to shield charge and just rely on walking is slow
Pathfinder at least get movement speed boost, how chunky it is for Pathfinder to do mines for mapping, do u have a video of ur Pathfinder mapping?

Pathfinder puts on an Alchemists of Adrenaline Quicksilver, which works out to something like 160% MS altogether. Yes, placement and detonation are slower, but you have to remember that KB can clear 2-3 screens with a single placement, and that Detonate Totem largely solves for the fluidity of multiple placements.

I'll put together a mapping video on the Pathfinder once I'm able.
Last edited by kechari on Mar 7, 2018, 1:29:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info