Why don't we use the same 24 hour clock globally?

Your body would end up confused if you "randomly" fall in an inefficient time part.(night being 9 clock in the morning or some random stuff)

Time is a man made concept, it's best to keep it aligned with the flow of nature instead of detaching it from that.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Just make these 2 changes to the world and everything will be a lot easier.

Anytime anything mentions a timezone they must also mention the UTC/GMT equivalent value so that you don't have to figure out what UTC/GMT value every 3 & 4 letter abbreviation stands for (I only know AEST and AEDT).

12AM and 12PM should be made clearer to understand when it refers to. For example, 12D(ay) and 12M(idnight).
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Feb 28, 2018, 7:53:36 AM
"

12AM and 12PM should be made clearer to understand when it refers to.

We should just use a 24 hour clock. It's not hard to get used to after a bit.
anything is everything
"
Manocean wrote:
"

12AM and 12PM should be made clearer to understand when it refers to.

We should just use a 24 hour clock. It's not hard to get used to after a bit.

This is what I’ve been saying. I started to adopt the 24h clock, but nobody else uses it so it was useless and impractical. The problem is, you have to get enough people to start using it all at once.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
The US still use the imperial system so... good luck with that
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
Excyis wrote:
With 24 hour time I mean you'd have same time at any place in the world.

We already have that for things in which it's necessary. (UTC, GMT where called for)

"
..It would be so much less confusing in many aspects.

Only if one never left their basement...

We schedule our activities not around a "clock", but around the progression of the day. True, clocks help us to be more exact, but our activities are, by and large, still centered around the progression of the day, from morning to evening and back again. A relative time-zone works extremely well for helping to provide local precision.
"
Toshis8 wrote:
Imagine you have been in coma or asleep for a long time and you wake up in a room without windows. There is analog clock on the wall, minute arrow shows 12, hour arrow shows 9. How the hell can you know is it 9 in the morning or 9 in the evening? Thats what looks weird to me, why did they choose this type of clock design? Why not making it so that one day is represented by ONE 360 degrees cycle on the clock? And why such weird numbers - 24 hours, 60 minutes? Wouldn't 10 hours a day and 100 minutes an hour look better and clearer?
Because Western civilization was based on Christendom and there weren't 24 disciples.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info