[3.2] Captain Americlast - Scion Spectral Shield Throw

"
gotommyg wrote:
I have a question. Can we block with the shield as we throw it at people?

If so, should we take any inc block nodes in the tree?

Great build, in queue now can't wait to try it. Thanks!

You aren't throwing the shield, you are throwing a spectral copy of it.
Thanks for your build !

I have one question - i can't find bandits choice. How with bandits ?
"
Kubiaq wrote:
Thanks for your build !

I have one question - i can't find bandits choice. How with bandits ?

According to Pob - kill all.
Will be league starting with this as well tonight.

Question:
Will passives that increase defenses on equipped shields also increase the added damage on Shield Spectral Throw? IE: Precise Interception adds 60% increased defenses, so a 3k armor/evasion shield becomes 4.8k, so does SST use 3k or 4.8k for added physical damage?

If it ends up using the 4.8k, that is an extra 300 dmg from that passive and that may drastically change the build to pick up other nearby increased shield defenses.
Alright guys, playing around with this in standard it feels very tanky and good damage. I would highly reccomend mapping (even at high level) with:

For free chain

I've actually found that Fork Support + Ewar's works well together for mapping so you get both and it reduces damage as little as possible.

Is also really handy for maps.

Gonna keep messing around, hopefully have some videos up later tonight
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Suggestions for leveling with SST and tree-wise?
im so confused as to how to level this char , are you working on a leveling or recommended uniques section? would be really helpful especially at league's start
My advice honestly would be just to level your character however you feel comfortable with. Like I mentioned in the thread before, spectral throw wasn't the most amazing thing to level with, but it's definitely possible.

Yes, this is a new skill, but it's very akin to spectral throw except that you're hitting the enemy first and the projectiles spread from there vs. spectral throw you just spam with much higher mana consumption.

No point in reinventing the wheel here so, I'm just going to copy/paste/edit for us a leveling portion from outofmilk's pure physical ST leveling guide. His guide can be found here:

"
After killing Hillock, put on leveling gear and get Spectral Shield Throw + Onslaught + Any support gems from Nessa you think would be useful.

While you are leveling, always check the gem vendor in town to see if there are any support gems you can buy. I would recommend checking the gem-link section to see how you want your 6L to look like.

At level 8, grab Incrased critical strikes support - you could start using it and/or start leveling it.

At level 10, grab whirling blades. We'll be using either a sword or dagger for the entire game, so this will be our main movement skill.

At level 16, grab Herald of Ice + Herald of Ash and start using them. Grab blood rage and either start using it or at least leveling it.

At level 18, grab Physical Projectile Attack Damage Support and socket it into shield throw. Grab damage on full life and Elemental Damage With Attacks Support. Start using one, both, and/or leveling them.

At level 20 grab a Carnage heart. This item makes Vaal Pact not needed until mapping! use this until level 70 to gain insane leech at level 77 you can equip Gloomfang

At level 24, grab Hatred and assassins mark. Start using Hatred in place of herald of ice for now until you can use curse-on-hit support. Start leveling up assassins mark.

At level 24, grab a vaal haste and start using/leveling it if you can afford it. If not, no biggie just do it later.

At Level 26, grab Ewar's Mirage, this will make your attacks start to chain. You can use this for mapping basically through the entire game, as +1 chain for us is really good. (For shaper/guardians/endgame bosses obviously a stack dagger is best, but doesn't feel needed for mapping.)

At level 31, grab Fork and socket it into your skill. Also grab Slower Projectiles and put it somewhere just to level it up. (You can use it in fork's place for bosses/tanky rares you might run into). Also grab blood magic support and start leveling it up. I use this in my whirling blades setup after I get slayer in order to infinitely WB around as needed.

At level 34, grab summon ice golem

At level 38, grab curse-on-hit support

At level 40, do normal lab and after that get a friend to boost you in cruel lab. (Makes leveling abit easier and faster for you)

KEEP CHECKING BACK ON MAIN PAGE, I WILL EDIT LEVELING ADVICE SECTION THERE, NOT IN THIS POST

Also Sunder is usually a "go-to" skill for leveling any build/skill with basically 0 investment on tree/gear. There are tons of those guides out through a simple search. Do whatever you have to in order to keep progressing!
Last edited by Ahfack on Mar 2, 2018, 6:32:49 PM
What about the tree, since we can't get to right side until cruel lab, I assume we path through Harrier?
"
qazqazqaz wrote:
What about the tree, since we can't get to right side until cruel lab, I assume we path through Harrier?

Correct

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info