Trade prices are so dumb. This needs to change!!

This game 100% requires you to learn a lot more than the average game until you can enjoy it.

It is free.

So every xbox user can try it out.

Just tossing numbers here but something like 8/10 will just find it too confusing and stop before act 2.

Xbox is a whole different thing than pc. For an xbox player to go to the internet to find out how a game works is highly unlikely.

That is why we have 1% achievements.
I agree - It's a great free game on XBox. In fact, I'd encourage anyone who's a fan of ARPGs to play it.

But, PoE being a fun, good, game doesn't make the problems with the Marketplace go away.

If the playerbase of participating market-players is low and that market is highly stratified with only a very few players ever capable of reaching end-game play and currency not being pumped in to help keep things stable.. in a game designed to be stabilized by the marketplace... then...

It's a great game. It's worth playing and even supporting even if one never really makes it out of the Acts into decent end-game Atlas play. It's worth one's time-investment for the gameplay that is easily accessed by just about any half-decent build.

BUT, the almighty RNG will rule you and if you can't get RNG to dump currency or gear on your head in the areas of play you can access with your tissue-paper and toothpicks build, you'll end up spending your entire stash's worth of currency on one item and you probably need at least three expensive uniques, if you're lucky, fore most end-game builds. Gonna get all those before the League ends? Not in this market, you won't. Better start dying through maps, hoping for your item or currency drops or jumping into Crash-Heaven in the Lab over and over.

It's a good game. The Marketplace has economy-related issues. These are just... facts. /shrug We have to figure out how to deal with them. The first one is easy, but the second one, not-so-much.

Everyone convince their friends to play. That'd help, perhaps.

Viable power-leveling would help, too, in at least getting people into the levels where better gear and currency can drop to help fuel the marketplace and stabilize some pricing. But, for those not near the end-game, an Exalt is still an Exalt and the vast majority of players will never, ever, see one, let alone have enough to buy the needed end-game gear.

It's not a problem that can't be overcome. But, it's going to need live bodies thrown at it if GGG doesn't act to put in some "tweaks."
I have one single char on xbox sc beastiary.

Currently lvl 83 i think.

I dont have premium tabs so cant sell.

I have spent roughly 30c on my gear and i
can farm any t4 map. i just blindly alch them and run. Have not tried higher ones yet.

You find roughly 1ex worth of stuff while leveling if you have a bit of knowledge.
More than enough to get you mapping.
Unless you make a build that relies highly on expensive gear.

So we fall in the .. you need to research first thing.
Now i map and gather currency for a more expensive build
Last edited by V3mpa1N on Apr 3, 2018, 9:24:00 AM
Once again...the quickest fix for a lot of these problems is a chat system. 8 out of 10 people quiting because they don't know how to play (I agree with that btw)..chat would fix that. I learned how to play this game on pc because of chat. I could ask questions and figure things out. I got a much better sense of what things were worthless and what wasn't because of CHAT. As semicomplicated this game can be to newbies....a chat system should have been the FIRST thing they added. How is this not obvious.....maybe they will in time.
"
WarriorX10 wrote:
Being a guy who has played POE since beta on the PC but had a hard time with my wrists playing long hours on the PC I enjoy the Xbox version greatly. With that said, I think what people are trying to say and is true in my case is that for the casual gamer who had success on the PC version as I could find reasonably priced items and create interesting characters the Xbox sucks.

I know the guys writing in this thread who play this game 24-7 think the 10ex per item is no big deal but for the casual player like me we never see even one ex drop nor do we sit and just farm stuff as we don’t have that time, thus the name “casual gamer”. To try and find a reasonably priced ring or bow etc is quite literally impossible, but on the PC version it is VERY possible. Thats what people are trying to say and I agree 100%.

So what is going to happen imho and is happening with me already is after my character dies because I cannot get the decent drops at higher levels to give me something, anything I can use to help I’m taking longer and longer breaks from the game I love. I come back and start a new character that is obviously middle of the road for expense, not Uber expensive, yet when I need a bow, ring, quiver I immediately get the lol no not those lousy 10 chaos you have worked hard to get but I want 4ex for this middle of the road ring. I will never get 4 ex to be able to spend on a ring. So what do I do?press on, die eventually and go download something new to play.

So with a small group of players on Xbox what will happen is the casual people will quit and the game will suffer and eventually die on Xbox, again, my opinion after playing this great game for many many years. You will be left with the high end player who can sit and build char after char and farm map after map.

Honestly, in the last league I had a lot of problems with the Market Place, but right now I actually greatly prefer the Market Place on the XBox to the one on the PC. I played on the PC for a few years and outside of selling a few high value items I ever found, I only bought a handful of items on the market so my currency always meant I was dirt poor. Sure prices are a lot cheaper on the PC (that is simple supply and demand until we get the community level up that will just be a fact of life), but since I found engaging with trade painful and annoying it actually killed a lot of my enjoyment. There was simply no way I was ever going to go through the effort of selling 1 or 2c items like maps and bits of currency or decent little upgrade Rares that I mostly got. Sure I bought a decent number of those, but selling was not something I participated in nearly at all.

Meanwhile on the XBox last league and even more so this league, I have sold what feels like tons of items, I am certain I am not a major trader by any means, but I sell 6-10 maps a night and have sold maybe 20 or so random yellow or basic uniques this league. Which means I have a lot more money in this league than I ever had in a PC league. No I am not swimming in cash by any means (though I got two exalt drops yesterday so I may feel rich personally I definitely am not). Simply put being able to list my items on the public tab and just hit the accept button between maps is a GREAT boon for those like me who want to trade a little bit but really don't want to spend our day doing so. Yes currency trading is horrible on the XBox and finding rares can still be a problem, but the current state is not so bad and honestly I find it a bit more enjoyable despite its issues than the PC

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info