Trade prices are so dumb. This needs to change!!

Quick summary Xbox community POE:
>Very Low population
>Ridiculous overpriced items
>Low item availability
>Casual gamers
>Bad drop rate in the game

The economy on Xbox is destroyed in my eyes.

The auction house might as well be R.I.P , i see thousands of pages of unsold items and its only getting worse.

So Xbox Version is nothing like the PC. Start a new league on PC within 1 week prices are reasonable.
Xbox several months in standard league and the prices have not changed. Great economy yea right...
Last edited by GolStuff on Mar 31, 2018, 1:51:32 PM
Yeah the trade is effed a bit but first read the development manifesto about it so you understand what is going on.

2nd i dont see a real problem with prices, yes they are high but why should they be low? Its not like 5 guys are manipulating the whole market.

3rd since items are expensive the game actually has more value. You dont get to farm endgame as fast.

Lightyears ago i got a mjölner on pc (no idea what league) and sold it for 45ex, 5ex cheaper than average.
Fotm plays a huge role and those few good uniques cost a lot on xbox thanks to fewer viable specs and players than on pc.
Being a guy who has played POE since beta on the PC but had a hard time with my wrists playing long hours on the PC I enjoy the Xbox version greatly. With that said, I think what people are trying to say and is true in my case is that for the casual gamer who had success on the PC version as I could find reasonably priced items and create interesting characters the Xbox sucks.

I know the guys writing in this thread who play this game 24-7 think the 10ex per item is no big deal but for the casual player like me we never see even one ex drop nor do we sit and just farm stuff as we don’t have that time, thus the name “casual gamer”. To try and find a reasonably priced ring or bow etc is quite literally impossible, but on the PC version it is VERY possible. Thats what people are trying to say and I agree 100%.

So what is going to happen imho and is happening with me already is after my character dies because I cannot get the decent drops at higher levels to give me something, anything I can use to help I’m taking longer and longer breaks from the game I love. I come back and start a new character that is obviously middle of the road for expense, not Uber expensive, yet when I need a bow, ring, quiver I immediately get the lol no not those lousy 10 chaos you have worked hard to get but I want 4ex for this middle of the road ring. I will never get 4 ex to be able to spend on a ring. So what do I do?press on, die eventually and go download something new to play.

So with a small group of players on Xbox what will happen is the casual people will quit and the game will suffer and eventually die on Xbox, again, my opinion after playing this great game for many many years. You will be left with the high end player who can sit and build char after char and farm map after map.
All these doom and gloomers.The game as the CEO of the company said is doing way better than expected and imo just getting better and better.The game will die on Xbox? wise up no it wont with new races and leagues its going to get better.Go play SSF were there is no trade for a great insight into the real Path of Exile.
"
colinbass wrote:
All these doom and gloomers.The game as the CEO of the company said is doing way better than expected and imo just getting better and better.The game will die on Xbox? wise up no it wont with new races and leagues its going to get better.Go play SSF were there is no trade for a great insight into the real Path of Exile.

humbly disagree...by referencing "die" I mean pretty much where it has gotten to right now and slipping. My experience on the PC version was great but the Xbox version pales in comparison in some very key and important areas.

Trading prices are absurd, its very difficult to find a party, definitely no where in the hemisphere as easy and quick as the PC version! Gameplay for me and my wrists much better. I miss the quick party system and the global and local chat and the quick trade system. I needed something I asked on chat and people responded quickly.

Its not so much doom and gloom just gloomy much to my sadness. AGAIN my opinion, maybe not yours!!!

Time will tell
I think its great have no problems finding people to play with via xboxlive.
I just did 6 maps in a row just to check how much you make.

Maps were t1-t3

Took me around 1,5 hours ( yes im slow)

3x fusing
12x alt
1x chaos
3x scouring
3x chromatic
22x jeweller (found 2x 6s)
1x orb of chance
2x chisel
1x vaal
2x alch

I also found my 2nd ex and first divine but i dont want to count those in since they are too rare.

Just by eyeballing those i think i made around 7c in 1,5h as hard currency.. no gear etc drops counted in.

So saying a few ex is a lot for a super rare item is kinda silly
What i dont get is all the people bitching and complaing about the prices of shit do you even realise that good rares are way better than most uniques also get over yourselves compairing the XBOX version to PC you cant they are too different games.I Think GGG have done a tremendous job with X BOX version and should be appplauded for there work but what do they get salty negativity from children that arnt good enough to get what they want.Well done GGG for a great game keep up the good work.
"
colinbass wrote:
What i dont get is all the people bitching and complaing about the prices of shit do you even realise that good rares are way better than most uniques also get over yourselves compairing the XBOX version to PC you cant they are too different games.I Think GGG have done a tremendous job with X BOX version and should be appplauded for there work but what do they get salty negativity from children that arnt good enough to get what they want.Well done GGG for a great game keep up the good work.

GGG has done a good job porting this to XBox. However, despite that, any player of the game has the same right to complain about problems with the game as you do to praise it.

You may have Shaper on "Farm Status" but most XBox players never finish the Story part of the game to go on to the Atlas portion to experience their first Tier One map. Just look at your Achievements to see what percentage of players have reached those Achievements.

I originally intended to address the situation directly, but I highly doubt anyone wants to read a wall-of-text that explains why there is a problem.

The point is this - In a small population, the effect of all variables impacting that population is much more significant. What we are experiencing here, with a Marketplace that is much less robust, much more stratified, than it is intended to be by the developers, is a normal currency drought.

Players seeking late and end game play, the majority of forum-posters, are finding themselves with little currency, since mid-game is not where end-game currency drops, and being confronted with item prices for desirable, build-required, items that are largely price-set by end-game players who have goals focused on end-game play that, in the current market, demand even more end-game currency.

What's the total value of one player's entire currency page, on average? Well, "on average" it's probably not going to be worth two Exalted Orbs, considering that most players never even finish the Story portion of gameplay. 1 (For ref, only. Use your own Achievement tracker to see the percentages of any particular Achievement.)

If one item sells for one Exalted Orb, that's extremely likely to be the entire worth of any one player's currency Stash tab, if they have one, that is eligible to participate in the total Market. Their currency will, most likely, never enter into the wider marketplace - They'll stop playing.

Yet, our concern is the "end-game" gear and completed end-game gear for our particular builds, right?

Who has that gear and what are their concerns?

The very tiny number of end-game players on console control access to end-game gear for the Marketplace. The number of "builds" capable of reaching that level of play without very rare Unique drops is likely a much smaller proportion of total builds available than even the number of end-game console players. Most players need end-game gear to reach the end-game...

Are end-game players concerned about a few Chaos Orbs, which is the currency of the mid-game? No. And, without end-gamer price competition, due to a much smaller playerbase than the Marketplace was designed for, individual prices have a disproportionate influence, overall, on what is considered a "Market Price" for any item, especially rare items.

IOW - The marketplace we are experiencing, right now, is exactly the type of marketplace one would expect in a population with a severely stratified economy of the "haves" and "have nots."

Considering that one rarely available unique needed for an even rarer build can be the difference between entering into or being restricted from the "end-game economy," it should be no surprise that a large percentage of late-mid-game players are very concerned about comparatively inflated price-costs.

To sum: Nobody should be too surprised at this. Considering the total impact of the playerbase on the Marketplace and how the game is structured, with the most valuable currency only available to those who, through chance or circumstance, are able to enter that stage of gameplay, this is exactly the sort of marketplace I would expect to see where a tiny number of end-game players are competing for a small proportion of end-game gear, that is only found in the end-game, by attempting to gain as much currency as possible from early and mid game players, who are currently bared from entry into that more lucrative market unless and until they can find or have the currency to purchase those market-enabling items.

The fix?

Suck it up and play until the RNG gives you that one item that helps your particular build, if you've chosen a capable one, to break into the "end-game" where you can acquire the currency that end-game-item-sellers are basing their prices on in an economy that is anything but "competitive," due to a population that is much smaller than the primary force, the Marketplace, was originally designed to support.

If you get lucky, you can "win the game." If you don't, don't expect to be able to "win the game" by acquiring the currency necessary to do that through efficient purchasing in the Marketplace - You won't. To help yourself "get lucky" you have to put in far more hours than most console games require, which acts to force the population down to smaller numbers on the console version than it was designed for.

Edit-Added note: There is one partial solution that could act to stabilize the marketplace, but it would require GGG support: Make it easier for players to access the stages of play where late-game currency drops are accessible. The best mechanic that would be likely to help accomplish that would be one that helps players to "level" characters to the point where they can access late-game play and early-end-game play. ie: A system that, in order to keep the rest of the game healthy, allows a player to level a second character, once they have leveled the first, through the end of Story game and to the part of the game where Maps become the primary focus. Or, perhaps, level a character up to the last couple of Acts in the game, before the Atlas portion. This would only be a suggestion for "League" market health if the playerbase continues to be very small. It wouldn't, one hopes, be necessary for Standard, since "play over time" can help to solve such problems. Anyway, it's just a suggestion and, to be honest, I don't see anything like that being implemented, since it would force the game to be too different than the PC version. However, if in the far-future the entire game's population drops, it would be a mechanic suitable to support overall market-health across the platforms. It would force inflation, to an extent, in late-game currency, but by that time I would expect GGG to be working on another title and just making an attempt to extend the life of a shrinking PoE playerbase until that next iteration/title is released.

Last edited by Morkonan on Apr 2, 2018, 4:11:00 PM
Kinda of agree but to be fair if you cant beat the campain pick another game i like that its supposed to be hard and unforgiving.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info