A Quick Note About Nets

"
You only need to click a net item when you want to change what type of net you're capturing Beasts with.

Can we just get 2 net slots? I absolutely hate having to deal with inventory in combat. From the looks of thing, you'll need to change between the 2 tiers of net at the end-game pretty frequently, having to open inventory, click the upper net to capture a certain monster, then open inventory again, and click the lower tier net otherwise you're gonna start wasting those rare nets...

Like this is a step backwards, you guys made aura permanents so people wouldn't have to fidget with their skills whenever they quit or died... and then you release something where you'll have to fidget with your inventory, in combat, frequently throughout the league...
I think its time for a net stashtab :D And rename the league to clunky league maybe? :P
Last edited by Koksii on Feb 23, 2018, 9:37:29 AM
"
p0t wrote:
Chris did you even read what you just typed? As we progress low tier nets cant even drop. This means 2 things. First youre gated behind the drop rate of t9 and t10 nets, since no other nets drop and you're saving them for special occasions you will ultimately be forced to skip some beast encounters because of net supply or buy nets from poe.trade (vomit). Secondly since only good nets drop, if for what ever reason you wanna craft something low tier like a granite flask (LUL) you either have to farm low tier areas for low tier nets or buy them from poe.trade (vomit).

I took Chris' explanation of this to mean that nets are backwards compatible with lower level/tier beasts. So if you get an end-game net, you can still use it on a low level beast. That's how everything else in-game works any ways. I don't think the nets are going to be locked to a specific level, just better at catching beasts when at level or above.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Sounds interesting.
"
Icemasta wrote:
Can we just get 2 net slots? I absolutely hate having to deal with inventory in combat.

EDIT: Looks like Chris addressed this, as we'll have an skill for nets to add to our action bar.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Feb 23, 2018, 10:57:48 AM
i still dont get why we need multiple tiers of nets. Seems like the lower ones are only used for the first few hours anyways. Its rather clunky. I dont see the benefit of having multiple tiers. On the other hand it doesnt hurt much either.
"
Chris wrote:
nets have a tier progression because items in Path of Exile get better as you progress through the game. This is true for weapons, armour pieces, flasks, maps and many other types of items.

isnt "stackable" a clear sign of currency? and please, show me that 12tiers of alteration-orbs.

"
Chris wrote:
Towards the end of Act One... As you enter Act Two.. . As you enter Act Three..Once you settle into mapping, you're only using end-game ones and certainly don't need to think about the lower ones any more

so we have 8 tiers no one care about becouse they are stuffed into 4-7 hours of gameplay most of us just vistit once in 12weeks.

"
Chris wrote:
When creating Bestiary, we set out to do something different.

so we better hope for strongboxes all the time, hmm? is that the goal?
"don't worry GGG, it's ok!"
Last edited by kobrakhan on Feb 23, 2018, 10:28:19 AM
"
Chris wrote:

You don't need to click on a net item in your inventory each time you want to capture a Beast. You use the globally-available net skill, which has its own bindable hotkey so that it doesn't take up a skill slot. You only need to click a net item when you want to change what type of net you're capturing Beasts with.

Can you elaborate on this for console players? We do not have any additional buttons to be able to "bind", I assume it will have to take up a skill slot for us...
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
Last edited by Corrison on Feb 23, 2018, 10:20:17 AM
I look forward for this league to fail and more complaints. This mechanic and league looks clunky. I will be happy playing in standard never played temp leagues after warbands.
Looks great!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info