Summon dependent builds, will they be EXCLUDED from 3.2 due to Bestiary Capture Mechanics?

"
Lacceh wrote:
"
lurker14ownz wrote:
Ok logical, show where it days that?

"How do I capture a Beast when I do so much damage that I just kill them instantly?
While a creature is in a net, it can not die, so if you're worried about killing it too quickly, throw a net first and attack second."
I mean it's only on the front page announcement... ppl should learn to read first before opening useless whine threads.

Beast cannot die while in a net, so throw net first and attack after. Which obviously means that capturing it isn't instantaneous, because it wouldn't make any sense then. Simple logic.

You fail again, this whole thread is about damage you can't control i.e. minions. You can't just reliably rush in and net at full life (higher chance to fail as well on full life.) Spectres will kill the mobs the second they come on screen. Same with srs, glacial cascade totems, etc.

Against beastial rares if they have enough life we might be able to capture them. But regular mobs die instantly to solar guards for example.

Legendary beasts will be reliable to net though
Last edited by lurker14ownz on Feb 23, 2018, 7:42:33 PM
"
lurker14ownz wrote:
You fail again

how so? empty assertion.
"
lurker14ownz wrote:
this whole thread is about damage you can't control i.e. minions.

yea? and what I quoted was directly related to that.
"
lurker14ownz wrote:
You can't just reliably rush in and net at full life (higher chance to fail as well on full life.)

they have already made it clear that rng is going to be involved when trying to capture a beast, so not sure why you even bring up reliability here. you also do not know at which point exactly the current HP will be factored in, since the faq itself suggests throwing a net THEN attacking - surely they wouldn't be suggesting it if it led to failure all the time.
"
lurker14ownz wrote:
Spectres will kill the mobs the second they come on screen. Same with srs, glacial cascade totems, etc.

I'm not concerned about white mobs at all. there are many many builds who do not have 100% control over their damage, do you really think the devs would overlook such a thing, and design a league where half the players fail the league mechanic all the time because of the lack of said control? of course not.
"
lurker14ownz wrote:
Legendary beasts will be reliable to net though

so will be rares, I'm sure of that. unless you're sleepwalking thru the map.

OP claims that "the beasts need to be carefully lowered to a certain life percentage, then a trap mechanic tried, then lowered a little more life without killing very carefully, then the trap tried again, until the AI causes the mob to join you as a pet" which directly contradicts the official bestiary faq, which is why it was safe for me to assume that OP was a whiner full of sh*t.

this is how it's actually gonna look like in practice: pretty much all beasts that matter will be rares, with bestial mods and increased life, so it will be obvious and they will live long enough for you to throw your stupid net and do damage, whatever your build is. legendaries you can't miss. and nobody cares about white mobs.
everything will be just fine, and these threads just take away time from things that do actually require discussion prior to league start.
"
Lacceh wrote:

I'm not concerned about white mobs at all. there are many many builds who do not have 100% control over their damage, do you really think the devs would overlook such a thing, and design a league where half the players fail the league mechanic all the time because of the lack of said control? of course not.

I really hope you take your lesson of being a little more respectful towards others in terms of your tone and language. After all, the concerns you called full of shit weren't so far off.
Yeah, I'm just going to hop in here with a big --

I told you so.

Thought this was going to get fixed with the special nets, but even though about HALF the community wanted just something done, in the end nothing substantial was.

I even rolled a melee to get around the problem I saw coming and pointed out in the OP, and now realize even with a pure melee build, i cannot choose the best ascendancy choice for 99.9% of the rest of the content because it contains an automatic "culling strike."

So to play "catch em all," I have to nerf my build in every other instance. I actually underestimated in my OP the number of builds that this "capture" mechanic expansion excludes.

Please, please, GGG, let this league be a lesson to your designers that they should actually look at how people play the game before putting out a league that a solid 25% of your player base hates passionately. The art and effects are great, its just how the content works many dislike.

Looking forward to 3.3, and a return to what we know works, and even if it is not so "innovative."

Everyone i know who has more or less finished endgame by now on SC mode, has never been in their beast den unless forced to do so for a challenge reward, and captures nothing. The mechanic is entirely ignored by almost everyone other than the most casual, or the builds that the capture mechanic already catered to.

Love this game, would like to see GGG get back on their winning streak.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info