Summon dependent builds, will they be EXCLUDED from 3.2 due to Bestiary Capture Mechanics?

So anyone that has played a Summoner to high levels and needs to keep special spectres permanently summonned or plays certain totem builds or depends on a lot of golems knows the difficulties involved in leveling the Assassin Vorici solo. Basically you have to pay others to level the Assassin Vorici for you. Following up on this problem, it can be inferred --->

That after studying how 3.2 appears to work in the previews and leaks around Bestiary League and the fact that building your menagerie of mobs is the ENTIRE 3.2 mechanic and only focus, it appears to be a new league that was made intentionally or perhaps as a side effect just thoughtlessly EXCLUDES Necromancers, Golemancers, Totem builds and other major parts of the current playerbase because the AI controlling the existing Zombies, Skeletons, Skeleton Mages, Animated Weapons, Spectres, Golems, Totems, Cast on <insert event> skills do not have an OFF switch to fine tune capturing a mob and not killing it!

The beasts need to be carefully lowered to a certain life percentage, then a trap mechanic tried, then lowered a little more life without killing very carefully, then the trap tried again, until the AI causes the mob to join you as a pet. You can defeat that captured pet in an Arena for buffs at a later date.

How are the above referenced classes, builds, mechanics, playstiles supposed to participate in 3.2 at all?? I have looked for answer but do not see one prominently anywhere, and this needs to be addressed ASAP.

Otherwise thousands of people will skip 3.2. PoE loses lots of money and we have the worst expansion ever.

Has this potential bombshell of a problem been addressed? If so can someone kindly link the developer explanation?
Last bumped on Mar 14, 2018, 11:11:38 PM
It was explained that netted monsters can't be killed, you can net them and then deal damage without having to worry about killing them.
You only have to trap them before they are killed but preferably on as low life as possible for maximum chance of success. Your timing is important, not necessarily the control of your damage.

Of course off-screening everything will make you fail the captures. But that's why the really rare beasts show up on the map. Got to keep your eyes open.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
RIP clear speed builds.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:
RIP clear speed builds.

Monsters can be traded, so as always you can just buy everything league related without ever having to interact with it. And in this case they can again undertune the occurance rate of monsters severly, because you can trade for them!
The Bestiary league proved once and for all, that GGG only listens to crying instead of well thought out criticism.
"
hanuchan wrote:

That after studying how 3.2 appears to work

----

The beasts need to be carefully lowered to a certain life percentage, then a trap mechanic tried, then lowered a little more life without killing very carefully, then the trap tried again, until the AI causes the mob to join you as a pet.

seems you didn't study enough
Last edited by almostdead on Feb 23, 2018, 2:17:26 AM
"
Shppy wrote:
It was explained that netted monsters can't be killed, you can net them and then deal damage without having to worry about killing them.

I wonder what the actual mechanic will be, it hasn't been explained in detail yet. I presume you'll have to throw a net, and then there will be some sort of a time window where you'll need to deal enough damage to the monster to "capture" it before the net "expires". At least something like that would make sense, but maybe I'm wrong :)
Fuck master rotas. Fuck any kind of rotas, for that matter.
"
How do I capture a Beast when I do so much damage that I just kill them instantly?
While a creature is in a net, it can not die, so if you're worried about killing it too quickly, throw a net first and attack second. Legendary Beasts are signalled on the minimap before you encounter them, and they're quite tough, noticeable fights. They have substantially more life than a regular rare monster, so they're hard to kill by accident.

Bex posted that.

This means normal monsters will get wrecked by spectres, srs, etc. Be extremely hard to catch them.
The rares might be easier if they have alot of life. They will still be dead near ly immedietly though. Would have to be really fast with the net.
Legendary monsters hopefully have a huge life pools. AI builds or screen clearers should be ok capturing them.
Last edited by lurker14ownz on Feb 23, 2018, 3:42:11 AM
Nah fuck that, Imma golem specter/ totem the shit out of the atlas then buy poemons from plebs.
Second-class poe gamer
Next league, you will choose which role you're going to play;

Do you want to be the "Farmer", builds that is efficient in capturing those beast to sell them, or

do you want to be the "Trader", builds that efficient in accumulating wealth to buy those beast.

So therefore, those build will not be excluded in the next league, because you also play a role. :)
"A game IS supposed to waste your time but it's not supposed to make you FEEL like you're wasting your time:
It's supposed to make you WANT to waste your time."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info