What's GGG going to do about scamming this league?

"
Ludvator wrote:
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
"
Ludvator wrote:
other than that? fake listing? market manipulation? yeah, I dont like it but I doubt GGG will invest in some active market regulations

I'm pretty sure that even "active market regulation" would stop people from buying low, and selling high, which seems to be what half the complaints are about. "oh, no, someone is manipulating the market by purchasing things at prices people sell them at!!!"

yeah, active regulations are pointless. Maybe some sort of trader reputation, but that would be totally abused. personally, I have absolutely no idea how to deal with people who list items with no intentions of selling them.. well, AH sort of thing, but that would make the game flippers paradise

Also that, so very much. :) I mean, when your problem is a "people" problem, you can't technology your way out of it.
What rampant/pervasive scamming?

Legitimate question - where is this a thing?

I believe I only got gamed once during Abyss, where someone laid out a generous conversion offer on exalts-to-chaos, so I tried to sell him a couple exalts. He invited me, I got into his hideout, he opened the trade window quickly, I threw up my exalt...and nothing. No chaos. I sat there for a few seconds, then typed "...?" in the chat channel.

Trade window immediately closed. Kicked from party. Guy disappeared back into his map.

Okay. That dude was clearly hoping I'd click 'Okay' before he put his offer up so he could steal my exalts. Happened once, and is the only time I've ever been even close to scammed in PoE. And the fact that I take an extra second or two to check out the items on offer before I click 'Okay' meant I kept my exalts. No harm done, other than a bit of my time wasted. Trade protection tools working as intended.

So...yeah. What 'rampant scamming problem'? And what sort of solution do you think Grinding Gear can impose, given that scammers are people who, by definition, are looking to twist or end-run the system to make a dirty dollar?
They need to make an electrified mouse that you can set in the UI options to shock you when you try to accept a trade and make you hit a “are you sure” button to complete it. As far as I can tell, scamming in this game is just assholes taking advantage of careless players.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info