Boss Fight Reveal: Vilenta

You're going to want to slash the invulnerability phase duration by at least half, maybe even 2/3rds. Right now it's so long that it gets into awkward territory. If her bombs haven't killed you in 1 pass they're not going to kill you on subsequent passes, and the add spam means you're not even in danger of running out of flask charges.

Other than that, even more physical spells means evasion just gets worse and worse. It doesn't matter though because everyone's going to be an IR ranger of some sort and the boss will end up doing irrelevant damage. Act 8 Doedre looks more engaging.
She was rather obvious enemy. I was wondering why shes not in out hit list. Now we get her :)
Jeah i mean the fight looks pretty cool and diversified.
But on the other hand, so long invulnerability phases are really questionable for 50% (i don´t know many players excatly) leech builds out there.
What are u guys think how to survive this phases???
This is more than a dodge god what they want from us --- it looks impossible :(
Well done we will see >.> ♥♥♥
Yeah like others have said, the invulnerabiity phase is a bit too much. But the core issue with these bosses with invulnerability is that they give the same (underwhelming) rewards as bosses you can just one shot, so the time investment needed feels like a waste.

Sure requiring actual gameplay over mindless "boom. ded." is a plus, but will relegate this boss to a one-time thing per char then once again to get bonus on atlas for whatever map it's put on, then never again.

If a boss takes ten times longer to kill than 95% (and I'm being really generous with this estimate) of the other bosses in the game, it should be no surprise that the rewards should make up for it (proportionately to the extra time investment, because if the rewards are 3x as big, but takes 10x longer, it will still be a poor time investment).

On the one hand GGG incentivizes players to turn into full clear speed machines, but then also wants to introduce content that goes completely against it. To make this work you must make the rewards for the content that takes longer time to be worth the time investment, otherwise you'll always be faced with this reaction from the community, no matter how cool the content looks.

The same actually goes for the whole bestiary thing: it looks like it will require way too much time for way too little benefit/reward compared to the current quick clear farming.

Worth noting that should you go this route everything must be taken into account for the time it takes to kill a boss so that you can compare them to set their rewards:
-Does it have an arena? If yes, how long from entering the arena to actually engaging the boss?
-Does it have a startup animation before the fight starts?
-How much HP does the boss have (taking into account resistances and other forms of damage mitigation)
-Does it have invulnerability animations (i.e. Dominus when changing to second form)? If yes, how long do they last in total?
-Does it have invulnerability phases? If yes, how long do they last in total?
-Etc.
Last edited by FissionMailed on Feb 20, 2018, 1:49:26 PM
"
Daxter88 wrote:

What are u guys think how to survive this phases???
This is more than a dodge god what they want from us --- it looks impossible :(

I play with leech builds and my answer is simple. I'am not going to "survive" any phases of that thing. If it can give me point on tree, I will skip her until 70 level or so and then just simply nuke her out, ignoring immortal phases or whatever she throw's on me. And if it appears as a map boss, then, depending on map, I will skip her at all or kill once and then skip, just like hopeless Shakari or that annoying boss on Basilica map or even Summit, who are not worth any time or effort. I will skip those things as long as possible, unless GGG make them mandatory, like heathen labyrinth. And they love to do such things. Hey, player, you hate it but we will force to do it, ha ha ha.
You have been placed on probation for: ● Make hateful or needlessly negative comments ● Personally attack or cause harm to the reputation of others ● Antagonise others in an obnoxious manner ●
I would like to see that bosses wich we can skip in story would give us some kind of reward for killing them first time we encounter the boss with a caracter, lets say more xp reward like ancients did in good old d2..

..edit: missclicked, i just wanted to post not to answer to your post soo...that kind of shit happens to people that are to old for this but still playing because family and being grown up sucks...
... . . . ...
Last edited by rasta33Man on Feb 20, 2018, 2:29:35 PM
Looks neat, but too many things you can't predict which is not fun and mostly rng based especially if you have a meh pc.
Hello another chimera!
Afk farm for good builds, unbeatable for decent.

Another example of terrible gamedesign from that same guy who invent invulnerable harbingers and abyss monsters. Hope you at least didn't pay him for such work.
I bet I die first second haha
Not looking forward to playing this.
Online delenda est:
When the lifecycle of PoE will draw to an end many years from now,
there needs to be a final patch making it available offline.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info