Boss Fight Reveal: Vilenta

That looked amazing!!
hell yeah
░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄░░░░░
░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌░░░░
░░░▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█░░░░
░░▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌░░░
░▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄░░
I wanted to ask if the character that came out was named after me? I played and talked a lot in global 2 during Breach, and wondered how much was coincidence. Anyways, awesome fight!
More fights with single strong opponents (like bosses) with various new moves are more to my liking then mindlessly pressing 1 button and defeating tons of minions.

My only gripe is that sometimes reward =/= effort of fighting them. For example, after defeating last act Kitava he (it?) dropped like 15 magic items and not even 1 rare U_U I hope such sh!t won't happen with new bosses.
Nice!
For some reason I feel like one of the passive points will be moved to this boss... Should be cool fight still though.
To me, this fight looks as annoying as it gets.
It's a boss fight, yet you don't get to fight the boss for the most time. Instead you have to kill trivial minions for a really long time, while having to dodge extremely fast and unfair areal attacks. I find this to be purely annoying and not fun boss design at all. It is similar to the Innocense boss fight where long invulnerability phases stop the show and trivial tasks are to be performed.
There are better ways to make boss fights interesting - in my opinion invulnerability phases are among the worst options because we are here to fight the boss, not trash mobs which only prolong the encounter.
I hope this boss is optional, I'm not looking forward to be part of it.
Over 9000 years of invulnerability phase. GGG does not learn :(
15 minutes invulnerability phase with random hits from nowhere?? Are you serious??
is it arcade game or wtf? How the RPG hero can use his gear/level advantage to speed this up?? That's just so wrong atm.

Just if you forgot, RPG players should spend the time to FARM gear so they do not spend that time later to kill boss monsters.

p.s.
And I bet there will be a t14 map boss with an improved version which everyone will hate and just skip as there are no worthy map boss rewards in the game.
PoE nowadays looks more and more like a fork server with tons of custom weird experimental stuff rather than original game with carefully thought out balance brough live to players.
Last edited by judikator on Feb 28, 2018, 2:23:05 PM
The moment you realize Vilenta is that mad scientist woman in Act 5 Overseer Tower..............

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info