Skill Reveal - Spectral Shield Throw

He shield attac
Spoiler
Holy crap trying to make it thru 25 pages of whines about ascendency drops, how this skill will/not work with Unarmed is rough.

I read earlier that shield defense nodes ( X% increased Defenses with Equipped Shield) will not actually work with this node? If this is true, then wtf is the point of this skill? You had a huge opportunity here GGG and you just gave us the equivilent of a Ele Hit gem :\
Does STT increase its damage with nodes incrementing defenses from shield?
For those of you still arguing about whether the unarmed effect on Dory's and Facebreaker will work and don't want to read through all the heated discussion follow the link below:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2089130/filter-account-type/staff

This is straight from triple G stating that theoretically it WOULD work with the game as it is but as of the 3.2.0 update the wording will be altered so that it WILL NOT work with SST.

Hope this saved a few of you having to read through all the really heated back and forth that i just sifted through :)

Also Triple G I love this skill and I've been theory crafting my build for it since the announcement, lol.

My main question is: what happens with Deadeye's Powerful Precision effect?
Last edited by Lord_Frozenskull on Feb 22, 2018, 5:59:53 PM
"
My main question is: what happens with Deadeye's Powerful Precision effect?

This. PS excited to try this skill!
just curious, if this skill can never pierce, then you're just excited about the return... but it shatters on hit, so i dont see how it would work both ways.

besides, whats the benefit of it returning?
"
fuxxnuts2 wrote:
just curious, if this skill can never pierce, then you're just excited about the return... but it shatters on hit, so i dont see how it would work both ways.

besides, whats the benefit of it returning?

the way I understood it, the thrown projectile can chain but not pierce. it doesn't return at all, because it shatters. shards can chain/pierce.
As far as I can tell from the video, the shield does not explode its projectiles until the final Chain.

So if I have +3 to Chain, The shield will bounce between 4 enemies and THEN explode the shrapnel projectiles?

If that is the case I think it's better not to chain at all.
Has, or can, GGG say if this works with Ranged attack totem (with wand equipped of course)? Prob not since its a shield skill.
Last edited by Billydanomad on Feb 26, 2018, 1:56:44 AM
"
Shipman wrote:
As far as I can tell from the video, the shield does not explode its projectiles until the final Chain.

So if I have +3 to Chain, The shield will bounce between 4 enemies and THEN explode the shrapnel projectiles?

If that is the case I think it's better not to chain at all.

from original post: 'Chaining causes both the shield and the shrapnel to chain'

so your shrapnel pieces will all also chain, even though it wont explode initially chain should massively increase your clear. You can see from the video it seems to work way better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info