BuildOfTheWeek [3.5] Righteous Fire Scorching Ray Totems - Uber Elder ✓ HC ✓ Budget ✓ Starter ✓

New video up
Thanks man !XD I am hyped

as far as I know we are loosing the abus belt as GG is not keeping it for the leug? Correct.

Man going to miss them :(
Last edited by DTBA on Feb 26, 2018, 12:25:15 AM
Anyone tried this build on xbox?
Looks like a good league starter. My plan is to play this for the first week and then respec into LL RF when I can afford it.

Couple questions:

1. Do you need Kaom's Way to sustain RF or can you make do without it?
2. How do you generate endurance charges reliably if you're using Kaom's way? You can get them through the Conviction of Power ascendancy node but that doesn't seem super reliable.

Thanks for the build. I've been looking for a league starter for a while and I've pretty much settled on this.
"
fatherhudson wrote:
Looks like a good league starter. My plan is to play this for the first week and then respec into LL RF when I can afford it.

Couple questions:

1. Do you need Kaom's Way to sustain RF or can you make do without it?
2. How do you generate endurance charges reliably if you're using Kaom's way? You can get them through the Conviction of Power ascendancy node but that doesn't seem super reliable.

Thanks for the build. I've been looking for a league starter for a while and I've pretty much settled on this.

No you absolutely don't need kaom's way, I've removed it from the build as you can see. You will get more than enough regen in the next patch :)
u plan to extend your thoughts on this throughout the season? and maybe add a level section along the way?

i am pretty new, and have chosen your build to do my first season with.

SC though, cuz ima scrub, obv.
Last edited by TiRoX on Feb 26, 2018, 5:55:57 PM
"
TiRoX wrote:
u plan to extend your thoughts on this throughout the season? and maybe add a level section along the way?

i am pretty new, and have chosen your build to do my first season with.

SC though, cuz ima scrub, obv.

Well this is not so much begginer friendly build sorry, you can look up leveling guides if you like
Another question, what are your thoughts on proccing Arcane Surge? I don't plan on taking the perma arcane surge node since I'll be respeccing at some point and want to minimize how much I have to spend. Will you keep arcane surge on orb of storms and use it for elemental equilibrium or do you think you'd be better off putting it on a flammability curse (flammability will increase your SR damage a lot, no?), getting added ele damage on gloves or something and proccing EE with shield charge? My worry is that with the new +40% spell damage ascendancy you will feel gimped without arcane surge. Orb of Storms is annoying to cast (long cast time especially without faster casting) and the Arcane Surge buff only lasts 4 seconds.
Actually now that I think of it, scorching ray doesn't "hit" does it. You won't be able to proc Arcane Surge with Scorching Ray at all with that ascendancy node. I wonder what the lazy man's solution is. Maybe a low level cast when damage taken and some spell or another?
Last edited by fatherhudson on Feb 26, 2018, 6:25:20 PM
"
fatherhudson wrote:
Another question, what are your thoughts on proccing Arcane Surge? I don't plan on taking the perma arcane surge node since I'll be respeccing at some point and want to minimize how much I have to spend. Will you keep arcane surge on orb of storms and use it for elemental equilibrium or do you think you'd be better off putting it on a flammability curse (flammability will increase your SR damage a lot, no?), getting added ele damage on gloves or something and proccing EE with shield charge? My worry is that with the new +40% spell damage ascendancy you will feel gimped without arcane surge. Orb of Storms is annoying to cast (long cast time especially without faster casting) and the Arcane Surge buff only lasts 4 seconds.

Arcane surge node is weak, and not enough points to pick it anyway. Conviction of power is amazing, free immmortal call and reduced ele taken.

There is not enough sockets to put flamability on curse on hit unfortunately. The build is already very socket hungry.

Orb of storms is fine, faster casting doesn't work on it anyway. It doesnt increase proc duration. You only need it to proc elemental ovverload and EE and arcane surge

arcane surge on orb of storms is fine!!
Last edited by Some_Day on Feb 26, 2018, 6:27:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info