Abyss Content Integration

"
D3izhistory wrote:
GGG for those of us who currently have shaped or elder stygians. What is the fate of those items? As your post states they will no longer drop that way but there was no clarification on whether a nerf/erase would come to those already obtained once transferred to standard.

If this could be cleared up it would be greatly appreciated

"
Starkofdoom wrote:
Are there going to be Legacy Lightpoachers? Or is the change going to affect existing items as well?

This sort of information would be great to know if GGG has a few spare seconds
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
Also, an interesting question. Seeing how every single one of the Abyss uniques is powerful and usable in some way, will you ever be looking to remake some of the worse league-specific uniques?
A lot of them can still be obtained in various ways, but are largely too weak to even consider building around.

Oh, and Harbinger Zana mod. I hope it's coming ;d.
And at the end 90% of the new builds in the next league requires abyss items like vise belt and abyss jewels or the uniques and 90% of the player cant buy them because they are too expensive and stop playing,thats not a good decision in my opinion!
Insightful post from GGG and I'm very glad they decided to keep most of the Abyss league intact, however, I do have a few concerns:

1) Abyssal jewels are better most of the time than their standard counterpart. Perhaps a buff is in order for the standard jewels to make them more in line?

IE: +40 Life is better than +7% most of the time. (Maybe buff 5-8% instead of 5-7%?)

2) Certain unique items are still underpowered compared to the new league content. Can we perhaps see some buffs to some of the older unique items?

And that is all. Everything else perfectly done. I can't wait till next season. Well done GGG!
"
D3izhistory wrote:
"
D3izhistory wrote:
GGG for those of us who currently have shaped or elder stygians. What is the fate of those items? As your post states they will no longer drop that way but there was no clarification on whether a nerf/erase would come to those already obtained once transferred to standard.

If this could be cleared up it would be greatly appreciated

"
Starkofdoom wrote:
Are there going to be Legacy Lightpoachers? Or is the change going to affect existing items as well?

This sort of information would be great to know if GGG has a few spare seconds

The belts that exist will go Legacy just like anything else. They wont erase an item nor would they ever. thus why Legacy items exist. If you have Shaper/Elder Stygian's... Congrads you hit the jackpot basically. The ones that exist now till end of the league are it. After the league is over there will be no way for them to drop again. Much like Eternal Orbs.

As for Lightpoacher from the way it reads no Legacy versions.. They are outright changing the way the projectiles work period. Thus no need for legacy versions. They just wont travel as far nor will they pierce anymore and theres no mods on the items to change for this just internal mechanics so thus no legacy versions. Since theres no mods on the item to be changed all items including existing ones will be effected.

There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Feb 6, 2018, 9:32:00 PM
"
Demonoz wrote:

The belts that exist will go Legacy just like anything else. They wont erase an item nor would they ever. thus why Legacy items exist. If you have Shaper/Elder Stygian's... Congrads you hit the jackpot basically. The ones that exist now till end of the league are it. After the league is over there will be no way for them to drop again. Much like Eternal Orbs.

As for Lightpoacher from the way it reads no Legacy versions.. They are outright changing the way the projectiles work period. Thus no need for legacy versions. They just wont travel as far nor will they pierce anymore and theres no mods on the items to change for this just internal mechanics so thus no legacy versions.

are you taking an educated guess here or do you know something we dont in terms of the belts? solid guess at the poachers i think
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
Making the jewels mid to end game and the belts end game is a solid idea. Lightpoacher defiantly needs to go. All in all I say great job guys. Thanks for keeping the cracks, they are a'lot of fun and work even in areas were breeches do not. I can't wait for the next league. Forsaken Masters rework? Shadow/Scion buffs? Ohhhhh im excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't agree of items being too powerful to be brought to the core game. If they are not being available in the core game after the league, there will STILL be players owning those powerful items making the game more imbalance in my opinion.

Opening up a fair ground for everyone to enjoy the content afterwards is always the right way to do it.

If something goes too powerful, it should be all nerfed together to balance it.

By limiting few players or some players owning it doesnt help the imbalance.

Anyways, all future league content should be roll over to the core game so people could still enjoy it afterwards.

Players who starts new league already have the benefits of playing the contents exclusively for about 3 months, they also in term earn different challenge rewards, which is more than enough already. So i dont see a reason for not opening up all league contents to current players bases.

Meaning new players will never be as strong as veterans unless they are willing to invest hundred and thousands of exalts for legacy items? Doesn't make sense in my opinion...

You can earn the skins or whatever in new leagues that is exclusive in new league. But by taking out the new league uniques or contents out of the core game is poor idea and continue to create imbalance only overall as a whole community.

"
Making the jewels mid to end game and the belts end game is a solid idea. Lightpoacher defiantly needs to go. All in all I say great job guys. Thanks for keeping the cracks, they are a'lot of fun and work even in areas were breeches do not. I can't wait for the next league. Forsaken Masters rework? Shadow/Scion buffs? Ohhhhh im excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lightpoacher needs to go.. that is not the correct comment.

Lightpoacher needs to be nerfed.... this is the right comment.

By limiting some players of still owning overpower items while the others do not ever to own one unless spending hundreds or thousands of EXALTs make more imbalance towards the game
"
D3izhistory wrote:
"
Demonoz wrote:

As for Lightpoacher from the way it reads no Legacy versions.. They are outright changing the way the projectiles work period. Thus no need for legacy versions. They just wont travel as far nor will they pierce anymore and theres no mods on the items to change for this just internal mechanics so thus no legacy versions.

are you taking an educated guess here or do you know something we dont in terms of the belts? solid guess at the poachers i think

Theres no guessing to it... No item NOTHING has ever been erased... Not eternal orbs.. not broken uniques.. nothing. What exists as far as the belt goes is it. Once the league ends they will never drop again shaper or elder... its right there if you read it as well. Whats left over will much like everything item before it that is made to never drop in its current form (Uniques/items) or made to never drop again (Eternal Orbs) whatever exists is all there will ever be... Thats what makes them Legacy.

And Lightpoacher again what would go Legacy? What mod is being changed? Nothing the mechanic behind the projectiles period is being changed.. Again its all right there if you read it combined with how stuff like this has been handled since the very first Legacy items were ever created.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Feb 6, 2018, 9:37:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info