Abyss Content Integration

"
Astealoth wrote:
I think you should do away with lich-less depths completely. The pointless depths with no boss at the end were the biggest thing that made the mechanic boring and frustrating. The depths should be rarer, and when you see one you should know you found a boss. Going down in that depths and finding nothing over and over and over sucked the life out of this league for me to the point where it's the first league I gave up on. I played harbinger to the last day and before abyss it was my least favorite. Abyss is a good mechanic that had disappointing implementation.

Couldn't agree more. Abyss is great but somehow something is amiss. I am level 91 and have done endless abysess with Ulaman nowehere to be seen [yes I know there are forum pages specific to this topic and to the endless complaints about this same issue]. More likely to find Nemo in the Atlantic ocean then finding Ulaman in this game. Having the abyss later in the game is a good idea. As Astealoth states, I think you should be rewarded with facing at least one of the Abyss bosses.
"
Qarl wrote:
We decided a mid-league nerf wasn't justified for an item with limited availability.

ROFL. Right, you didn't nerf Lightpoacher, but you nerfed the VD enchants, which were FAR more limited in availability. Once again, the balance team has proven to be an absolute joke.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
Integrating everything is fine except the Stygian Vise.
Rip other belts after week 2-3.
Many people said this.
If you are going to face a real challenge, it has to be a real challenge. You can't accomplish anything without the possibility of failure.
imho this is a bad call. Keeping Abyss Jewels in the game will make them a must have for many builds, except that their prices will be ridiculously high from now on. Having a decent build will be far more costly next league than in any previous league.
So basically stygian vises will be the only belt used in the game moving forward (after the first few days of the league of course).

Sounds pretty horrible.
The Stygian Vise belt was definitely short sighted.

The problem I have seen with PoE lately is that they just keep adding these new "features" to the point where the game is way oversaturated with it.

Honestly, I thought the abysses were a bit annoying in this last league and I got a character to lvl 92. There were just WAY too many of them. 2, sometimes 3 per map and after awhile, I just skipped them.

Also, they created so many more extra monsters to kill that your were grossly over leveled by end game.

Plus, all the undergrounds were pretty much the same thing... over and over and over.

At some point, I think this game needs less gimmicky new content. I love this game too, I just think this last league was pretty weak. I believe leagues should be 4 or 6 months though too, as the way it now you have to play 6-8 hours a day to keep up before the league ends.
just put a jewel slot in normal belts drooped by the abyss trove and ciao the problem of the Stygian Vise.
Last edited by helyon17n on Feb 7, 2018, 9:55:17 AM
How about removing the Darkness Enthroned belt or make it really, really rare while keeping the abyss. And no, just 10% chance for an abyss to appear, combined with the decreased change of rare abyss jewels and liches and stuff, doesn't mean you kept the abyss stuff; it makes it pretty much obsolete, just like you did with the breach.

10% is just way too low to make a difference in normal playing, it could just not be there, for all i care. It's dead. RIP Abyss, you can't have too much fun in this game. I can not wait for next league, for the orgy of OP items and mechanics that will later get destroyed because they were "too fun".

I might take a long break from this game, i'm sick and tired of this.
"
Paldamus wrote:
"
Astealoth wrote:
I think you should do away with lich-less depths completely. The pointless depths with no boss at the end were the biggest thing that made the mechanic boring and frustrating. The depths should be rarer, and when you see one you should know you found a boss. Going down in that depths and finding nothing over and over and over sucked the life out of this league for me to the point where it's the first league I gave up on. I played harbinger to the last day and before abyss it was my least favorite. Abyss is a good mechanic that had disappointing implementation.

Lol? All you had to do, is listen to the music... Depths with liches had different music. I thought everyone knew that :p

Cool with the integration i guess btw, though i thought it wasn't gonna get added cos it's kind of annoying and powercreepy-ish...

Also interesting how these ppl with like 10 challenegs at month three of the league, whine about not encounterng a lich... like man if you have 10 challenges by the end of the league, you haven't played the game at all... so ofc you haven't encountered a lich. I didn't play this league much at all either, just saying.

You with your 18 challenges saying that? LOL
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
Can't complain. Frankly while the Abyss are super cool I got tired of them and don't like that I feel like I have to do them.

The Abyss trove dropping maps sounds great.

The Abyss trove dropping fewer jewels sounds even better. I'm really tired of packing and ID' ing these up just in the odd chance that one is good. (In general the game really suffers from a lack of simplifying. Why does the game still drop so many items? Makes no sense whatsoever. Just tone it all down, and it would be a better game. You pretty much have to use a filter to play this game, it's silly.)

The main issue for me is the belt. I feel like it was mandatory due to the Jewel slot. it's not clear whether the belt will really be a choice if it's still top tier and only a *reall* good Elder / Shaper belt would outclass it. And what are the odds of that in SSF too? Not only you need to find a shaper / elder item, it has to be a belt, AND it has to be somewhat good. Until then it sounds like you'll just stick to any decent Stygian belt due to the jewel slot.

As a returning player I wonder if the Essences became more rare as a result of the Abyss league, or is it where it's meant to be? Because those are so damn rare compared to Abysses, compounding to me becoming really bored with Abysses. I want some essences to do some basic crafting and I have so few of them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info