[3.2] Spectral Tactician Necro Up To 223 SRS!

"
Tessa99 wrote:
a six link spectre use gem ?

If you're asking what an ideal 6L setup would be then you can use:

Raise Spectre | Minion Damage | Spell Echo | Increased Duration | Faster Casting | Minion & Totem Elemental Resistances

It will give you 19% more damage but you would give up either Victario's Influence or Midnight Bargain which will both hurt your DPS. You could use a staff to get an extra 6L if you can manage getting enough ES to not die but you will be limited to only 3 spectres.
once upon a time there was a necromancer mob introduced to the game, which cast SRS, it was called a corrupted skullbearer, many a summoner rejoiced for these minions were absolutely devastating.
others were less happy for GPU's were fried when more than one summoner using these converged.

(this was way back when masters were first itnroduced, elreon's challange included these mobs)

-

is SRS minion back? seriously?...

fuck me, /reroll

Also, you can have more spectres if you REALLy want to.

but then it gets really expensive, then you need to be ES, but can't have CI.

Bones of Ullr, 2 x midnight bargain, 5 spectres.

if you like living life really dangerously you can even add vis mortis on top for a 6th spectre, but then you need to be very carefull around chaos damage monsters.

-

now to regale with a personal little story, me and two toehrs did this, ran as a party with #alltheauras.

we were at maybe 10 FPS, allof us had monster PC's at the time.
We played with an open Party labelled something akin to "maps 18 corrupted skullbearers, enter on own risk"

three people joined together, guess they thought it was an easy free ride.
two crashed on entry to zone, 2 minutes later the third complained that we'd killed one of his mates PC's.

now, the label was there, but damn.

---

Mechanics:
any gem applied to the original spectre is also applied to the SRS, at least that's how it used to work.

what does this mean?, it means that Raise spectre - minion damage - melee phys - Added fire - Maim - (lessser) Poison would be a good link (the glorious poison stacks, we couldn't do that back in the day)
I'd advise against echo, you'll see a lot of skulls that simply don't do anything because they're incapable of reaching a target, and echo will reduce each skulls individual power.

also the poison gem allows you to test if the gem application is actually still true, just see if things get poisoned or not.

could also replace poison or maim with phys to lightning to get crazy shock values (i mean that's a 50% more modifier if you can't get shock any other way)
Last edited by Bahriel on Apr 5, 2018, 1:47:39 AM
Where can i see the pasive tree ? I am new in this game and i like your build. I want to copy it hehe. Thank you sir.
Hi,

I plan on testing this awesome spectre. Have you tried linking the spectre with:
- blind, knockback, minion speed?

Have you tried the occultist ascendency? - curses, malediction and profane bloom could seriously help this spectre out.
Minion gems like minion damage, speed, life, totem resistance all work for the skulls.
Anything else basicly does not affect the skulls.

Last league I tried this with Champion and I think it is the best ascendency because of taunted enemies cannot evade.
Accuracy is a huge problem for the skulls because you have no way to scale it.
Biggest problem with Champion is the Spectres are not tanky.

I played a hybrid ice golem/spectral tactician.
I managed to do T16 guardians and Shaper.
I failed on uber elder, the damage was just not there for me to kill him before he kills my Spectres or there is too much poop/balls on the ground.
I eventually swapped to full ice golem to kill uber.

Basicly this is a fun build but it is not superior to any other spectres out there.
Thanks for the help. I'm testing a champion and an occultist build now. I feel like warcry's, banners, crown of the tyrant, deidbellow, and other things might make it work better, so will see. At the very least, using tacticians frees up a lot of minion damage nodes, which might make a build shine elsewhere, like defence.
"
grimlock9999 wrote:
Thanks for the help. I'm testing a champion and an occultist build now. I feel like warcry's, banners, crown of the tyrant, deidbellow, and other things might make it work better, so will see. At the very least, using tacticians frees up a lot of minion damage nodes, which might make a build shine elsewhere, like defence.

how did it turn out?
I think this build could do a lot better these days with some of the new items and aspects, banners etc

I leveled up a Champion to try out my theories :)

Champion's worthy foe, so they can't miss - which if they are like old SRS had 60% accuracy rate against high level bosses...

Banners - dread banner could add lots of flat damage but you have to hit to make it work or War banner for the 10%

Rallying cry for the damage and proc worthy foe.

Earendal's Embrace with a skele to proc Covered in Ash and maim
Intimidate from Tombfists or Belt of the Deceiver

Use Anger and Wrath - smack with Smite+generosity, to get the aura, and then hit with a cold spell totem to proc worth foe taunt, and trigger EE.
Since your taking duration nodes, could use Winter Orb
According to POB this does way more damage than using Anger and Hatred.
And the chance to shock as well

Could also run a Lightning golem for the mini wrath aura

Aspect of Avian with Saqawal's nest chest for 40% chance to deal double damage for 4 seconds - turn the aura on/off to trigger it on time
basically a 40% more damage multiplier for all nearby minions and their minions

--

then you can run Arakaali's fang and Victario's Charity for clear, or even animated weapon as they benefit from Anger and Wrath, hell even Mirror Arrow/blink arrow clones :)
Or Soulwrest Phantasm staff with one frenzy ape

Either options adds 1-2 million AOE and Shaper DPS

Probably will need to use Bitterbind shield though for the extra spectre life, but they get arcane surge for more cast speed.
With a Skullhead they could be regening 8k per sec with Minion life, 100+k life....
Add a Clayshaper if you really want to be sure they will never die :P

---

edit - actually cold snap works really well with the above, use frenzy charges to cold snap more, get more frenzy charges to share and cold snap more :)

Last edited by CoolColJ on Apr 26, 2019, 9:09:24 AM
"

grimlock9999 wrote:

how did it turn out?

I ended up with an abyssal warcry champion. It had enough damage for yellow maps, and even had a decent clearspeed if packs are close enough, but is inferior to almost any other minion build. It just takes too long for spectres to catch up to you, use their spell, then start summoning, then the summons have to move, then you need to warcry for aoe.

Still, there is some potential for a tanky support style champ. I might run one next league and throw a bit more time/currency at it.
how did you get Spectral Tacticians on pob? It's not on mine
Meta = cattle

-ty men

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info