So everything is fine then I'm dead

So it's happening a lot more frequently I am going along destroying everything in my path then bam 6K HP are gone and I am dead. I am running maps between 6-9 trying to level up and even on the level 6 maps it will happen

I am a level 86 berzerker main skills are Sunder and Cyclone they are both about 18k DPS
MY Armor is 44% reduction
Evasion is 23%
HP 6055
all res are maxed
My flasks remove
Poison
Bleeding
Chill
Curse
ignite

But I have to admit it's not always easy to see what I have been afflicted with. Poison is pretty easy but the rest I am not always 100% sure of. GGG really needs to add nomenclature to the debuffs since we cannot just cursor over them to see what they are.

But I have really reached the point of frustration with the game as these instant deaths from nowhere have made it impossible to advance I am sitting at 0 exp into level 86 and todays maps neted negative EXP gain. I am starting to wonder if it is just lag and so what I think is a full health bar is less than that and once the game catches back up I am dead.

Whatever it is if it does not change I really cannot see a reason to continue, I am not real happy with a lot of the Xbox lack of features and knowing what debuff I have been hit with is at the top of the list for me. If I am supposed to memorize each debuff icon then it's probably game over for me.

I know Jeff really doesn't respond to anyone who doesn't have a laundry list of supporter tags. To him I say look up GreyformxDark Xbox account. You've been supported pal.. And then some.
Last bumped on Feb 6, 2018, 4:52:07 PM
"
Greyform wrote:
I know Jeff really doesn't respond to anyone who doesn't have a laundry list of supporter tags.

I’m sorry, but that’s entirely uncalled for and untrue.

Jeff isn’t even a Community Manager - he’s just someone who cares enough about the Xbox playerbase to spend as much time communicating as he can. I’d find it fair if you leveled criticism toward GGG as a whole for how the port has been handled thus far, but I don’t think slandering Jeff will be received well by anyone who frequents the forum.

I think it’s fair to say you owe him an apology.

I really don’t want to do this, but...
To pick some examples from yesterday alone;

Not a single supporter title to be seen, displayed by the OP or anyone else.

Again - examples from a single day.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
Sarno wrote:
"
Greyform wrote:
I know Jeff really doesn't respond to anyone who doesn't have a laundry list of supporter tags.

I’m sorry, but that’s entirely uncalled for and untrue.

Jeff isn’t even a Community Manager - he’s just someone who cares enough about the Xbox playerbase to spend as much time communicating as he can. I’d find it fair if you leveled criticism toward GGG as a whole for how the port has been handled thus far, but I don’t think slandering Jeff will be received well by anyone who frequents the forum.

I think it’s fair to say you owe him an apology.

I really don’t want to do this, but...
To pick some examples from yesterday alone;

Not a single supporter title to be seen, displayed by the OP or anyone else.

Again - examples from a single day.

Truth.

Jeff has been outstanding and while he is the closest we have to a CM, true CM's don't slum with Xbox scum like us. Jeff has, and this platform community owes him a lot.

Having said all of that, it's really tough right now to help anyone on this platform because we can't know much about your character. If you do a path of building and link it, might be your best bet OP.

huh? What do u mean w/ no support title to be seen? Like your "chimera" badge? We dont have that option because We are on Xbox accounts and those are not linkeable...yet.(unless Im blind) I have bought the outlaw in harbi league and 2x 6 premium stashes and 1 quad but the site doesnt know that, im just another user to it.

True, abit harsh lashing out to Jeff like that but understandable, the Xbox exprience is...well not the pc experience, at times it takes a whole lot of patience and determination to proceed, but we're still here so there's that.

That beeing said, thnx for the info about Jeff, I thought that he was the Xbox comm guy since he always shows up, sure we would all like to see him comment on as much as possible but that would be the work of a dedicted person (as in his job) so erhm who's Jeff? I dont look that kind of stuff up, privacy and manners etc.

To the OP: It might just be lag man, u got (compared to mine atleast) a descent character but I have no idea what debuff u should know about that would instantly crush your character, sure there are enemies that have ludicrous damage and have auras that can cripple u in seconds but instakills are rare (exception to bosses) Maybe look up some debuffs that u dont know and learn those icons, no need to learn all of em, u got most of them covered anyway. I struggled with 85-86 aswell, 89 was another one, u can however reroll maps in your favor so that might also help (except corrupt) but Im sure Im just stating the obvious. Other then that, hang in there bud.
"
ObliXB1 wrote:
huh? What do u mean w/ no support title to be seen?

I don’t mean to be rude, but did you see what I quoted at the beginning of my post?

You seem to have taken my post as a slight against the Xbox community or an insinuation people playing the console version of the game aren’t spending money on it. All I did was respond to the post of another person - it wasn’t me who brought supporter titles into the discussion.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Yup, u are right, I missed the point u were making, Jeff not responding to not paying players, or favoring those that do.

Also not rude whatsoever, I misread/judged the intent, u pointed it out, when your right and Im wrong u SHOULD tell me, only way i'll learn :)
i hope you are using the oni sword because 18k cyclone dps with berzerker is incredible low.
Your defence seems fine, think you only need the curse and bleed flask and add + maximum lightning res flask, and talk to sin and use the minor god power that make you take less reflect damage, not for the reflect itself but for the 50% chanse to reflect cold stuff to the attacker.

Its hard to improve the life leech enough so you can try to use endurance yourself to help leech+regen aswell as getting a powerful immortal call at will to get free leech time.
If you had higher damage you could use enfeeber curse as aura.

Anyway this game is very hard as noob and very easy with knowledge"whatever", you need to know what small tricks to exploit, thats pretty much the difference between mid tier maps and endgame.

I got stuck with my own berzerker and made a tornadoshot dead eye char with shit ton of dodge and spell dodge with lot of elemental jewels, just blowing everything up and hardly taking damage myself, im just having a hard time with finding t13+ maps, i clearly need to learn how ti progress easier.
Your stats dont look too bad from what i can tell, but as it has been said, without being able to see your passive tree it is hard to judge where you could improve on it.

Do you have any sort of Life Leech in your build?

Which flasks are you using? Are they all defensive/heal or do you have offensive too?

The only real debuff that should worry you is bleeding, and maybe freeze. The rest you can certainly out last with the health pool you have and even a tiny amount of leech. I would suggest picking up an Atziri's Promise (Amethyst) flask if you dont have one already. They are around 1 Chaos on X-Box. This will give you more damage and some leech and is well worth it for the low price. Flasks when set up correctly and used properly will increase your damage output and survivability quite considerably, people tend to overlook this and not bother to use them at all.

Your damage seems sufficient enough for the map tiers you are running but overall low for your build i think. If your goal is to gain levels then i would highly suggest skipping the map bosses and picking your fights. Some enemies can and will 1 shot you even with a 6k Health pool (Spike damage is a bitch), or reduce you to 0 very quickly. Look out for mobs with reflect as this will be insta death in most cases if you arent prepared. (learn how the animations look). Learning the games mechanics is your greatest tool though, just assuming you can blitz through everything everytime will kill you more times than anything else.

Having Cast When Damage Taken linked to Immortal call and Increased Duration is a must have.

Are you alching/transing your maps? Avoiding debuffs such as Vulnerability / Enfeeble / Temp Chains will improve your survivability too. When you want to progress your atlas and do bosses, i would suggest doing it after you've hit a level. You kind of have to choose if you want to progress, or gain levels. As you become more experienced at the game learn the mechanics of bosses/mobs it will become easier to do both at once.

Dont let dying alot get you down though. If it is your first, second, or even third character then you will still be learning and adapting each time. Chin up and keep going! :)
You dont say how much life regen or leeching you have. From what I have seen from stats very similar to yours with less life (5.3k) I too get one shot occasionally but I usually know its either because the boss one shot me or I bit off a bit more than I could chew. (ie to many enemies and to many debuffs/bleeds that I could cope with). There are times if your in the middle of a said battle (abyss chasing) and you dont notice 3 or more of the acid bombs going off or such then you do die instantly because you took to many hits rapidly that you could use leech/regen or flasks quick enough to cover the hits.

As suggested pick your fights, but also dont worry about doing EVERY map on rare to start with. I am now level 92 and only just doing maps 10+ on rare rare/corrupt to say that I have actually done them. But before that I wanted to get to the higher end maps quickish so I did them blue mainly and made sure that they were stats that were ok for me. Ie point b;ank, 2 extra rogue exiles etc etc and then if I was feeling flush or liked that map I could always add chisels and a zana mod (like 3 more rogue exiles) to up the quality/quantity of the map. While the maps where easier and maybe not always as rewarding it allowed me to find out if the boss was open world or arena and also was it a build friendly boss to my build. Some are much easier than others and such so I would go back to them later as rare etc etc.

I would also say the game does have times where the lag can be a killer, but as soon as my fps drop right down due the amount of enemy and such on screen I uses either my shield dash or flame dash (playing around with them both atm), to get away or at least out of the centre and reset myself to live and fight another day.

Also as suggested when you level up, call it you time to have fun and not worry about dying and do some of them harder map/boss's where you dont care if you die all 6 times as long as you get the job done :)

Oh btw I am a witch zombie build and dying for me can be real painful and time consuming to reset etc etc.
To those who didn't get their panties bunched because I pointed out there is a lack of comments by GGG if we're not praising the amazing job they're doing or don't have a laundry list of supporter titles and were actually able to read the other 99.8% of what I posted and give actual feedback of the not sad fanboi variety thank you for the comments.

I did redo a portion of my tree at the advice of one of the guys I was running with to increase my evade and that has helped a lot.

I appreciate the feedback. Truth is I do like the game, but obviously there is a lot of work to get this game right for Xbox. This is basically beta. But since it's free (other than the the few $100 I have chosen to support them with. GGG is well more than welcome to verify that number and trust me when I say I have been way more than generous to them than that comment implies.) it is what it is. I choose to play the game. So all fault ultimately lies with me if I am not having fun.

See you in game.. Well those of you not scowling because kissing A isn't on my list of things to do..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info