[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Now, I have just got a pair and haven't tried, but have you considered or looked at using Tombfist for that maim debuff? I feel like rare gloves are still probably better to roll res and life on, but then again that extra slow can help a bit especially stacked with toxic rain on the alternate setup.
Welp, i died to Elreon in T12. Apparently additional syndicate members can still spawn after you clear nearly whole encounter. Elreon spawned after i bring down the last member and the encounter's main exile (Riker) to 50%, it triggered the rivalry event. There's high chance i actually died to a bug, full breakdown in spoiler. Still, no hard feelings - it's not a DC one after all.

Screenshot, breakdown and client logs of the death

Vagan and Aisling are defeated at the entrance on the left. I left Vagan to die to DoT (as you can see by the logs) and entered the almost cleared fort to finish Riker (who's a joke). I got hit and dropped to ~5k hp, then out of blue Elreon shows up and i died the moment i heard him. I couldn't see any visuals. Elreons slam also takes around a second to charge up as well, so considering i had maybe half a second to react... it most likely bugged out.

I could've survived if i used hp potion before his slam, probably.

2018/12/18 11:33:18 430772812 a24 [INFO Client 4152] Jun, Veiled Master: Do I know you? You wear a mask, but your eyes...
2018/12/18 11:33:18 430773203 a24 [INFO Client 4152] Aisling Laffrey, The Silent Butcher: Watch carefully. You might learn a thing or two.
2018/12/18 11:33:25 430780156 a24 [INFO Client 4152] Vagan, Victory's Herald: Well, we certainly can't let this place fall.
2018/12/18 11:33:32 430786781 a24 [INFO Client 4152] Aisling Laffrey, The Silent Butcher: What!? No!
2018/12/18 11:33:41 430795890 a24 [INFO Client 4152] Elreon, Light's Judge: Let's get this crusade in shape.
2018/12/18 11:33:41 430796421 a24 [INFO Client 4152] : ISP_Is_My_Worst_Enemy has been slain.
2018/12/18 11:33:41 430796453 a24 [INFO Client 4152] Riker Maloney, Midnight Tinkerer: Off the gears you fall, exile, whipping into darkness, drained of life by the vampire Time.
2018/12/18 11:33:42 430797000 a24 [INFO Client 4152] Vagan, Victory's Herald: A good strike... and a painful one.

"
KHAAOS wrote:
Now, I have just got a pair and haven't tried, but have you considered or looked at using Tombfist for that maim debuff? I feel like rare gloves are still probably better to roll res and life on, but then again that extra slow can help a bit especially stacked with toxic rain on the alternate setup.

I don't feel it's necessary. If the enemy is too fast to reliably sit in degen, i sometimes pop Vaal Grace and tank him instead. The cases like that are super rare tho. Imo, normal/elder gloves with res are better investment.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
"
DankawSL wrote:
and entered the almost cleared fort

Never EVER go inside those things! Although you might get away with it after today's syndicate member nerf patch. Not like that does your dead HC character any good now :(

But on the upside, I've had plenty of people asking about your build in-game. When I buy 'rippy' corrupted red maps from players they sometimes ask 'What, you're actually going to run this??' and I say 'Yeah sure no problem, check out Dankaw's CA build bro!'
Hi,

It's me again with few newb questions.

Started to upgrade my gear(got new boots and belt) and I looked in the leveling section. When you say caped resists do you mean chaos too? Cause all the others are caped now, but I still have slots to upgrade, so need to know if I should focus on chaos res from now on.

And when you say don't level Wither until act 9, do you mean just the Wither gem, or the supports too (spell totem/multiple totems)?

Thank you

"
Ruffus_01 wrote:
Hi,

Started to upgrade my gear(got new boots and belt) and I looked in the leveling section. When you say caped resists do you mean chaos too? Cause all the others are caped now, but I still have slots to upgrade, so need to know if I should focus on chaos res from now on.

And when you say don't level Wither until act 9, do you mean just the Wither gem, or the supports too (spell totem/multiple totems)?

Thank you

With Betrayal, Chaos resist has become slightly more important but is still generally safe to ignore. If you happen to pick some up on gear, that's great, but not something you need to chase. Personally, I need 10 more lightning resist to be capped, and my other resists are capped. So once I unlock 10-12 lightning and chaos resist, I'm going to put that on my amulet; so I cap lightning and pick up the chaos resist as a bonus (just an example: not saying everyone should do this, it's what will work for me and my gear).

As for leveling Wither and it's supports: they are dependant on your stats. Wither requires a decently high int, and it goes up pretty quick- so only level it if you have the int to do so. You'll get a good bit of int from the passive tree in the late 60s, early 70s (act 9-10 in normal leveling progression), making it easier to support the requirements of the gem (and any other blue gem you have, I started leveling them all around the same time). As for the supports, those all require some amount of strength; I didn't level those early as I didn't have the str requirements. You get some str from the tree, and will need to pick up a little on gear as you go as well. Just be conscious of your stats and the requirements- make sure you give yourself room to upgrade gear for better life/resists without being tied to something because you need the str or int for certain gems (until you start getting late game gear anyway).
Last edited by ryoken0367 on Dec 18, 2018, 4:38:34 PM
You list several options for elder bow crafting. Have you done the maths on what is the ultimate BiS combo of affixes (ignoring crafting cost) for single target?
Great Guide. Loving it so far.

I accidentally took Veil instead of Chaser in the ascendancy. Should I spend the last 10 refund points I have to respec it, or would keeping what I have should be fine?

Thanks
Hi, I'm new to the game, well I played before but not so much. The thing is I looked for the gloves and the boots but I can't find them, what can I do? Should I look for another similar items?
can you get away with using a 5 link chest with this build!? as I am saving up for 6 link.
"
Ruffus_01 wrote:
Hi,

Thank you

Hi, as someone who has played this build up to level 75 so far, i can tell you that you can level up the supports (spell totem, multiple totems).

"
critxromney wrote:
can you get away with using a 5 link chest with this build!? as I am saving up for 6 link.

So far i can get to the end of Act 10 with just 4 links but now that i'm starting mapping runs, 5 links would be minimum. In any case, you can level up all the supports for 6L while farming for 6L gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info