[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
DankawSL wrote:
Only if you use Witchfire Brew or -9% res helmet tooltip is incorrect against normal mobs. I prefer tooltips most of all due to how easy you can calculate all other possibilities + no PoB required.
Hmm, ok, I still found small disparity after setting clusters, disabling wither / despair / flasks / -9 res helmet but it's close enough. No idea where the difference comes from, but it's ignorable.
Spoiler
Tooltip in game:

POB:

"
DankawSL wrote:
Since you and KodiakX went quite hard on it i thought i could add some extra context to it.
Don't get me wrong, I like CA as a skill, I enjoy it a lot - where else do I sign for reflect immune*, high mobility, ranged, no precise targeting required, easy league start skill? I tried vortex, minions, totems and they all "weren't it". I tried bane and liked it, but it got nerfed. :(

* Some people say reflect immune is a luxury not a necessity. Say hello to racecourse bull: https://clips.twitch.tv/PopularIronicPicklesNomNom

However if someone tells me I could get "5 million damage for 10ex" I wanna know their secret? Who wouldn't want to do more damage for less investment.

I personally haven't seen anyone reach 5mil dps on CA build that wouldn't have some crazy gear I know I won't be able to afford / farm up. It's a limitation I have to live with, I just know it's much more than 10ex worth, more like 100ex. Every season you can push dps further with bigger investment, for example maven orb mods this league. So someone will probably surpass 5mil dps if they care to keep investing (instead of sinking currency in a different build).

I'm really scared of the new boss fight arenas since Mathil said this content is "unfair to low dps builds" and I also suck at bossing.

On the other hand that person who said it caps at 350k while mapping was undershooting it as well. That's probably value in league start gear.

P.S. Question:
"
Physical mitigation is much easier to get than elemental (mostly spells are the problem) if you only wish to invest into it.
Outside of "phys taken as element", crab and endurance charges anything else that makes sense in this department? A lot of passives that gave phys reduction (f.ex. soul of steel) got nerfed somewhere around heist timeline afaik.
Last edited by Viktranka on Jan 23, 2021, 2:34:04 PM
Hey Guys, Could you confirm if your onslaught is working fine after allocating ascendency points to Avatar of Chase? For me on Tooltip I am not able to see so as in PoB.
Last edited by HiWayKilleR on Jan 23, 2021, 3:13:37 PM
I just completed the "Maven's Invitation: The Feared" where you face:
Cortex
Chayula's Domain
The Alluring Abyss
The Shaper's Realm
Absence of Value and Meaning

I did it as a white map. Died only once. The MVP for all those boss fights for me has been the Vitality isntead of any aspect. The fights take a long time and I needed the heal.

About the extra arrow, you can have both. My bow could have the 2nd extra arrow but it has been working fine.

"
xikorita wrote:
About the extra arrow, you can have both. My bow could have the 2nd extra arrow but it has been working fine.
How long did you take to craft it and how much did it cost you? Did you do it with harvest or other method?
Why we use dread banner with generosity? They don't give us anything... Or it work on "nearby enemies have x less accuracy"? Does anyone tested it? Does it work on bosses?

"Banners can be supported by Generosity to have them apply to your minions and party members with enhanced effect, but they won't apply to you any more, even when placed. Supporting them with Increased Duration will also increase the length of the special banner buff effect and the time they remain when placed."
Last edited by WickedMurderer on Jan 24, 2021, 2:15:52 AM
So i got this amulet in SSF, is there a way to guarantee the +1 chaos skill gems with harvest?

If I remove one of the suffixes, then craft chaos resitance with bench and augment with a new chaos modifier it would work?
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
xikorita wrote:
How long did you take to craft it and how much did it cost you? Did you do it with harvest or other method?

At the time I bought it for about 16 exa. With the multimod done as well.
"
Viktranka wrote:

P.S. Question:
"
Physical mitigation is much easier to get than elemental (mostly spells are the problem) if you only wish to invest into it.
Outside of "phys taken as element", crab and endurance charges anything else that makes sense in this department? A lot of passives that gave phys reduction (f.ex. soul of steel) got nerfed somewhere around heist timeline afaik.

I have got a medium thread of hope near Golems Blood. Then you get both disciple of the slaughter and unweilding granting minimum endurance and frenzy charges. Also you get charges on kill so while mapping you are always at top frenzy/endurance charges.

It makes a lot of free skill points to move to cluster jewels.

I would love to know which cluster jewels I should get because I am a noob and just copied from someone.
https://poe-profile.info/profile/xikorita
"
KodiakX wrote:
Spoiler
Yea no complaints over all about the build. It street sweep maps and does okay on bosses with tons of survivability. I'm sure in past leagues especially it was perfectly fine without Maven altering boss fights and in some aspects it's really nice for Maven, such as when you have to avoid a Maven twinned boss mechanics out of no where. The damage held up really well till about T16/guardian/etc where you'll then notice a huge decline if you're still rocking starting league gear.

The issue with Wither totem is there are just some encounters there's no chance it's going to stay up. Like you do a 4 Shaper Guardian Maven encounter where you have Phoenix, Minotaur, Hydra and Chimera up all spamming AOE everywhere and there's no where safe to drop a totem. It's going to be constantly destroyed. Even singular encounters with lots of AOE like Shrine map with Piety chucking out arcs constantly is enough to keep em down majority of the time. All of this is fine, just expected and makes the build playstyle feel more totem oriented than one would think at first glance.

I'm not very familiar with Maven's end game yet. 4 Shaper guardians at once definitely seem very troublesome... Wither totem survivability doesn't look good indeed. However there's really none other reliable way besides totem. Would require you to cast something like Split Arrow -> Barrage - Withering Touch in order to stack it to maximum. Good TR setup would've been better in that case, probably.
EDIT: Forgot that self-casting Divergent Wither also works. Of course - very risky but quickly stacks to maximum like totem does.

Withering Step + Increased Duration could potentially work well, but it still requires you to get near enemy which you usually don't want to do.

"
Viktranka wrote:
Spoiler
"
DankawSL wrote:
Only if you use Witchfire Brew or -9% res helmet tooltip is incorrect against normal mobs. I prefer tooltips most of all due to how easy you can calculate all other possibilities + no PoB required.
Hmm, ok, I still found small disparity after setting clusters, disabling wither / despair / flasks / -9 res helmet but it's close enough. No idea where the difference comes from, but it's ignorable.
Spoiler
Tooltip in game:

POB:

"
DankawSL wrote:
Since you and KodiakX went quite hard on it i thought i could add some extra context to it.
Don't get me wrong, I like CA as a skill, I enjoy it a lot - where else do I sign for reflect immune*, high mobility, ranged, no precise targeting required, easy league start skill? I tried vortex, minions, totems and they all "weren't it". I tried bane and liked it, but it got nerfed. :(

* Some people say reflect immune is a luxury not a necessity. Say hello to racecourse bull: https://clips.twitch.tv/PopularIronicPicklesNomNom

However if someone tells me I could get "5 million damage for 10ex" I wanna know their secret? Who wouldn't want to do more damage for less investment.

I personally haven't seen anyone reach 5mil dps on CA build that wouldn't have some crazy gear I know I won't be able to afford / farm up. It's a limitation I have to live with, I just know it's much more than 10ex worth, more like 100ex. Every season you can push dps further with bigger investment, for example maven orb mods this league. So someone will probably surpass 5mil dps if they care to keep investing (instead of sinking currency in a different build).

I'm really scared of the new boss fight arenas since Mathil said this content is "unfair to low dps builds" and I also suck at bossing.

On the other hand that person who said it caps at 350k while mapping was undershooting it as well. That's probably value in league start gear.

P.S. Question:
"

You definitely have more damage than me, but that's to be expected from PF. This should be roughly ~4,2 million against normal mob for comparison.

I definitely see why Mathil would say that. More enemies on the field equals bigger danger and it's best to kill them before they do any dangerous move. Maven's healing also doesn't affect high dps nearly as much as low dps (and i finally felt it during 5 boss fight yesterday). Only way is to simply invest in your gear. After all this is end game encounter, it's not supposed to be pushover you can do with gear from campaign.

Things you listed for phys mitigation are more than enough honestly. Evasion character already have huge avoidance which works against any damage type, the only other thing they need is effective life pool to survive 1 or 2 hits that go through and rarely more than that (spells and/or terrible luck). This is particularly why Trickster is so good defensively - because he combines avoidance with big life pool from ES and/or Mana. ES recovery on hit makes it even more ridiculous. Raider needs to work on that.

Even Basalt Flask with 3 endurance charges is a big and reliable life pool increase (27% phys reduction, ~37% ehp increase). They probably won't be up during boss fights, but that's where Wind Dancer / Kintsugi work the best to save you. Then there's also Lunaris pantheon which gives a little extra... and suddenly physical damage isn't as scary anymore! And there's still Aspect of the Crab you can throw in, or instead of something. With things i listed you can get up to 55% physical damage reduction, that's like having 222% of your life against physical damage!

One thing about Crab - unlike Wind Dancer/Kintsugi, it's significantly more reliable. It keeps recovering lost damage reduction over time, which "recently" modifiers cannot do. Also if you get hit by pure elemental spell, then Crab still functions in case a stray auto attack gets through.

I could easily talk more on this, however it would take me a lot of time since i'm a slow writer when answers are not straightforward.

One last thing i figured out. Elevated (T0) Endurance charge on kill mod on boots is actually amazing. You might think 50% increased charge duration is useless, but it's not. You can generate charges while mapping and later use Enduring Cry very effectively during boss fights, because you have much more freedom when you have to cast it for permanent uptime. Anomalous version makes casting significantly quicker too. That's my idea for today.

"
HiWayKilleR wrote:
Hey Guys, Could you confirm if your onslaught is working fine after allocating ascendency points to Avatar of Chase? For me on Tooltip I am not able to see so as in PoB.

Of course it is. Onslaught is permanent and doesn't show up on buff bar anymore. You still get all benefits, even in town. If you're looking for dps increase then you'll not find it. 35% more evade chance is not reflected on character sheet.

"
xikorita wrote:
Spoiler
I just completed the "Maven's Invitation: The Feared" where you face:
Cortex
Chayula's Domain
The Alluring Abyss
The Shaper's Realm
Absence of Value and Meaning

I did it as a white map. Died only once. The MVP for all those boss fights for me has been the Vitality isntead of any aspect. The fights take a long time and I needed the heal.

Never said you can't have both, but it's a big project which is super end game and usually outside people's reach. I even have a crafting method for it. It's not the only one obviously.

"
Viktranka wrote:

I know of 2 reliable methods you can make it. One is already listed in crafting section. Second which i also used back in Harvest after tag adjustments is to fracture 35% DoT multiplier OR +2 arrows. Rest comes naturally. Of course fracturing requires a lot of luck and T4 bear boss crafts so... yeah. I didn't list it.

There's also another trade only possibility - just buy bow with DoT multi and extra arrow(s), then work from there.

"
Chaser8 wrote:
Spoiler
So i got this amulet in SSF, is there a way to guarantee the +1 chaos skill gems with harvest?

If I remove one of the suffixes, then craft chaos resitance with bench and augment with a new chaos modifier it would work?

There is and i have very detailed crafting method to make +2 amulet. But since you're already in your current spot i'll write down what you need to do.

Before i do that - i just noticed that chaos tag is gone from "(0.3–0.5)% of Chaos Damage Leeched as Life" affix. This makes everything so much easier. Didn't notice it until now. I'll have to readjust crafting method. Anyway:

#1 - Remove physical and remove crit through harvest. I don't recommend annuling.
#2 - Craft a chaos suffix
#3 - Slam chaos OR readd chaos. Slamming is better obviously, since Chaos DoT won't be removed.
#4 - Craft life with harvest. You can use "Cannot roll Attack mods" to remove other unwanted mods, but probably not worth.
#5 - When you're satisfied with life mod, then craft last suffix and you're good.

"
xikorita wrote:
Spoiler
I have got a medium thread of hope near Golems Blood. Then you get both disciple of the slaughter and unweilding granting minimum endurance and frenzy charges. Also you get charges on kill so while mapping you are always at top frenzy/endurance charges.

It makes a lot of free skill points to move to cluster jewels.

I would love to know which cluster jewels I should get because I am a noob and just copied from someone.
https://poe-profile.info/profile/xikorita

People use the hell out that jewel to grab those 2 notables but i really don't like it. Feels like i'm missing out on proper jewel and 2 passive points. I simply grab generation on boots and gloves instead. Trade league exclusive too (for the most part).

There is whole section with cluster jewels in Passive Trees section. Should make sense, since they are part of the tree after all.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on Jan 24, 2021, 9:34:06 AM
I'm loving this build. I have always played the Scion version with IIQ/IIR but I'm loving the additional damage this build provides.
Just one thing, I keep crashing to desktop randomly while playing along with many other people.
Is there anyone else experiencing this? Since this is my only character this league I can't verify if it's caused by something in this build or if this is a bug somewhere else.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info