[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Hey,
thanks for the build guide, very in depth - would you still choose raider over pathfinder for example?

IGN: FluffyMetamorph
"
Lyxara wrote:
Hey,
thanks for the build guide, very in depth - would you still choose raider over pathfinder for example?

Pathfinder has never been the best ascendancy for CA in any aspect. It's a mix of three ascendancies (Raider, Trickster, Deadeye) and doesn't excel in anything other than flask regen. The buffs to CA's damage only make Raider more attractive than ever.

My stance remains unchanged - i would never give up defences and QoL Raider provides. Not until they truly destroy this ascendancy.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Thanks for the quick updates DankawSL! Your hard work on this guide and throughout this thread should not be underestimated and I greatly appreciate it!

Caustic Arrow looks like it will be an even better league starter in 3.9. That extra +3 AoE radius is a pretty significant quality-of-life buff!

Good luck to anyone playing CA in 3.9! I'm sure you will all have great success, especially with DankawSL's fantastic guidance!

EDIT: Earlier I said I wasn't going to play CA in 3.9, but maybe I will end up starting with it after all. The build is so comfortable and familiar, and I'm confident with its ability to handle all the new content. 'Go with what you know'.
Last edited by octeris on Dec 11, 2019, 10:20:09 PM
Upd for 3.9 soon?
Last edited by AntiSocialShizoid on Dec 11, 2019, 1:07:07 PM
"
DankawSL wrote:
"
Lyxara wrote:
Hey,

Pathfinder has never been the best ascendancy for CA in any aspect. It's a mix of three ascendancies (Raider, Trickster, Deadeye) and doesn't excel in anything other than flask regen. The buffs to CA's damage only make Raider more attractive than ever.

My stance remains unchanged - i would never give up defences and QoL Raider provides. Not until they truly destroy this ascendancy.

thanks man, appreciate the answer.
Boss damage seems fine tho, and I like the fact that you can level from lvl 2 on :D

IGN: FluffyMetamorph
Very cool, this is gonna be huge ! Thank's <3

Stay Safe ppl
Im gonna try CA on hardcore as a starter ,hopefully il make far enough to make use of the QOL and defenses, thanks for the guide
Might roll with this as league starter! :D Question though, how would this be for softcore? maybe give up some defenses/life for more QoL or DPS? would be nice to see possibly a Softcore variant? Love it though!
Haven't played PoE for like 2-3 Leagues, looking to get into it right about now ^^ Quick question: I've never seen a CWDT gem at level 20 lol, is that accurate in this build or should it be a lower level? Or is that just something you go now since Steelskin?

Awesome guide nonetheless but I would add a little note that CWDT + Steelskin should be 20/20 or w/e cuz right now I'm not sure xd

Cheers
I love everything about the look of this!!

Quick question though, any tips/advice if I want to prioritize single target damage as I'll be in SC not HC?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info