[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Can i use this ring "Death Rush Amethyst Ring" ?
Any thoughts on the Legion Timeless Jewel, particularly Maraketh keystone which has very similar stats to the Kintsugi? Would the interaction be 40% less damage all up? Trying to get my first Uber Elder

Wind Dancer
20% less Damage taken if you haven't been Hit Recently
40% less Evasion Rating if you haven't been Hit Recently
20% more Evasion Rating if you've been Hit Recently
(Comes from Brutal Restraint when sacrificed in the name of "Deshret")

EDIT: nvm, scrolled back a few pages and noticed you already mentioned on it
Last edited by m1s on Jul 6, 2019, 12:22:28 AM
"
globe1412 wrote:
Spoiler
Hi there, I've been following this guide for a while, as I play PoE on free time (outside work time).

Just want to ask question with the belt, with leather belt is best for its base to add life, is the life and resistance all you need on the belt?

I haven't reach map phase yet and really, this is the first time I get this far playing casual, so I get confused with the belt explanation on equipment section, and as there is no explanation further on crafting section.

And could you give me any other advice outside following your equipment and crafting section?

I know i'm answering very late but i hope you're still checking the thread to see this.

You honestly need generic PoE knowledge advice. Your gear in general is extremely bad. You have 6-linked short bow (ilvl 50 i believe) so +1 bow is your maximum, it's not bad for now but you'll have to replace it eventually. It doesn't seem you know about the existence of crafting bench either (you can find it in your hideout).

So basically - identify more rares, the stats are more important than sockets. You can always change sockets, links and colours with. The exceptions are 6-links and to some degree 5-links since they require A LOT of currency to get. Once you find decent piece of gear you can additionally craft a mod of your choice to turn it into great item.

That's only a minor hint from me. I suggest that you read a generic guide Twilight Strand. It should teach you what you need to know.

"
FrozyBoy wrote:

Yes, but why would you? There's absolutely no benefit compared to normal ring with life and resistances.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Thank you for the reply. I will and I think I should read the guide you recommended.

Actually, I have +2 5 linked bow, but of course I don't have the courage to get it to 6 linked with right color socket. Maybe because my lack of experience in PoE. Though, I think I have enough jewellers and fusing to do it.

About crafting bench, I know about it and trying to get +# to non ailment chaos damage modifier. If I am not mistaken, I can get it from unveiling items in Jun's Immortal Syndicate quest.

Please, anything else? I am a bit into positive critics because I don't have friends around me playing PoE.

As for now, I am into delving to get fossil and resonator.
"
globe1412 wrote:
Actually, I have +2 5 linked bow, but of course I don't have the courage to get it to 6 linked with right color socket. Maybe because my lack of experience in PoE. Though, I think I have enough jewellers and fusing to do it.
What you can do is to have "temporary bow" (I ran 5 link on "lvl 16 vicious projectile / +2 bow gems" one I bought for 30 chaos) and "target bow" (with good rolls) and attempt to 6 link that target one while having usable one equipped (you don't wanna run out of fusings and end with unlinked bow as your only weapon).

About gem colour I think you can get a recipe while delving that allows you to craft "2 red 1 blue" as bows tend to gravitate towards green so you have high chance the remaining sockets go green and you're set with colours.

Also when doing syndicate except the chaos damage multiplier look out for recipes like "extra accuracy and quality", crafting quality on a bow helps 6-linking it and you can erase that mod before actually crafting what you need.

P.S. How do you survive? You have barely any life points on any gear. Btw you can check this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZET4C5HAz3s It's a very good explanation how to shop for gear on a budget (as long as you don't play SSF). I didn't know before I watched it that you can search for total combined resistances of all types, was always trying to search for specific one like "fire resistance" but his way is much more efficient. Obviously the weapon and stats are different because his example is a melee build.
Last edited by Viktranka on Jul 8, 2019, 1:31:44 PM
"
Viktranka wrote:
Spoiler
"
globe1412 wrote:
What you can do is to have "temporary bow" (I ran 5 link on "lvl 16 vicious projectile / +2 bow gems" one I bought for 30 chaos) and "target bow" (with good rolls) and attempt to 6 link that target one while having usable one equipped (you don't wanna run out of fusings and end with unlinked bow as your only weapon).

About gem colour I think you can get a recipe while delving that allows you to craft "2 red 1 blue" as bows tend to gravitate towards green so you have high chance the remaining sockets go green and you're set with colours.

Also when doing syndicate except the chaos damage multiplier look out for recipes like "extra accuracy and quality", crafting quality on a bow helps 6-linking it and you can erase that mod before actually crafting what you need.

Hey, thanks man for the advice, I am actually using this +1 bow to delve and mapping and set my +2 bow as a target bow (get it 6 linked), as it is ilvl 64.

Wow, I really don't see 2 blue and 1 red recipe in crafting bench can do that, of course with the tendency of dexterity items, green socket rolls on bow is higher, hey thanks man for the insight.

And to get it 6 socket, how much jewellers you need on average? Or should I just look for 6 sockets recipe om crafting bench?
"
globe1412 wrote:
Wow, I really don't see 2 blue and 1 red recipe in crafting bench can do that, of course with the tendency of dexterity items, green socket rolls on bow is higher, hey thanks man for the insight.

And to get it 6 socket, how much jewellers you need on average? Or should I just look for 6 sockets recipe om crafting bench?
I found this about sources of recipes: https://pvaass.github.io/poecraft/

It says vaal outpost, you need to find room named like that in delve, clear it and at the end of basement there should be recipe. That's how it looks on the map: https://i.imgur.com/k6ayNfR.jpg

The 6-socket recipe costs 1500 fusings and generally it's advised to spam fusings rather than craft 6-link as you should, on average, get 6 link before 1500 fusings spent. Especially if you use blacksmith whetstones and quality craft on the weapon.

Horror stories of unlucky people spending 3k+ exist though, it's all rng.

Also if you didn't see, I added a helpful video link to the previous post, check it out. :)
Hey there, I've followed this guide and loved it, first time I've taken a build this far into the end-game!

I was recently thinking of transitioning towards ED, especially since I just dropped a
and would like to be able to make the most out of my emblems. I can't really afford a 6-linked cane yet, or any of the crazy ED-oriented rare staves/bows - is it worth respeccing into a 5-link ED setup? If yes, which gem do I lose? Alternatively I could probably buy enough fusings to have a decent shot at a 6l, but I'd love to hold onto my precious few exalt for some cool crafting shenanigans later on.
"
Viktranka wrote:
Spoiler
P.S. How do you survive? You have barely any life points on any gear. Btw you can check this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZET4C5HAz3s It's a very good explanation how to shop for gear on a budget (as long as you don't play SSF). I didn't know before I watched it that you can search for total combined resistances of all types, was always trying to search for specific one like "fire resistance" but his way is much more efficient. Obviously the weapon and stats are different because his example is a melee build.

About how I survive, hmm, I don't really know. This is my first time get this far, and I am playing at SC, so I died few times. Mostly getting one shoot by some monster, but not by boss. I also wonder about it.

Looking back at the game, because this is my first time, I wander quite a lot, opening every map in every act. And truth to be told, I don't follow the guide step by step. If I am not mistaken, DankawSL wrote on the guide that you take Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics at white mapping phase, but I level those two at act 3 (or 4 I forgot, lol) because I think I need it for surviving, as my gear is not great. After that, I prioritized some life nodes on the tree.

As for the damage, well I think my clear speed is not that good in act 1-10 (even worst if comparing with others). But, I think it is good enough and I am enjoying the game the way I want. I got +1 4 links grove bow with all green sockets early in act 3 if I am not mistaken, so that's maybe I don't feel it too slow (at my pace).

Anyhow, thanks for the video man, I will get a look at it after work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info