[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Quick update. The two teased legion jewels keystones are great and something this build could potentially use. It's more of optional (since you gotta sacrifice something), but i really love their powerful potential for a price.

"
PattyWin wrote:
Spoiler
Whats the reason to grab the fury bold node, if we respec the points around ballistic mastery?

Iam happy for every advice on my gear / gems / tree

)

Ascendancy Order: Way of a Poacher (1st Frenzy) -> Avatar of Chase (Onslaught) ->
-> respec Way of the Poacher (merciless lab) -> Avatar of Veil (Phasing)

2nd must be named Rapid Assault, or?

The reason is to travel towards Golem's Blood/jewel slot. It's simply efficient. It's mostly life nodes that dictate pathing, not the other way around.

Almost every single piece of your gear is bad (the Sapphire Ring and boots are OK tho). Life and resistances, the more the better. It's really not that hard. Try to identify more items, you can always change 4-link and change color of your sockets if necessary. Drillneck is useless, since damage increase doesn't work with secondary DoT damage. You should have plenty of time to upgrade gear in blood acqueducts.

The order suggest you work towards Avatar of Chase, which means you also need Rapid Assault first.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Last edited by DankawSL on May 23, 2019, 6:36:00 PM
well I'm pretty much done with PoE until Legion. I did just about everything you can do, killed uber elder and shaper is easy. Good build.

This was pretty much the best gear I could craft/buy on PS4. I never saw a +2 implicit bow unfortunately and failed a few attempts trying to craft one. I had to craft them all pretty much, this is an off-meta build on PS4 and there's really nothing to buy from the market.

Last edited by Anton__Chigur on May 24, 2019, 2:41:08 AM
Im planning on playing your excellent written build as my starter in legion, despite declared as the "melee league" (yeah, right. Melee in a hack and slash game, lulz)

Just want to ask: Im not a hc player, and your guide is marked in the title as HC. Do i have to do some adjustments for a more "yolo" version or is it fine nontheless?

Dont get me wrong, dying sucks in SC too, but im ok with ripping at red elder or shaper if i can get a significant boost in dps/qol/whatever in addition.

Edit: Already found something. Taking Avatar of the Hunt and Master Fletcher for 5 points is a increase of almost 100k dot dps for trading roughly 500hp. Sounds like a deal for me.
Last edited by deimudda69 on May 26, 2019, 11:23:58 AM
"
deimudda69 wrote:

Edit: Already found something. Taking Avatar of the Hunt and Master Fletcher for 5 points is a increase of almost 100k dot dps for trading roughly 500hp. Sounds like a deal for me.

Same here! These 5 nodes are really worth taking. The increase in damage over time is immense.
New player here on the PS4.

I've recently read that the PS4 does not support the piercing mechanic. Can anyone else confirm this and if so is it ok to drop the piercing nodes and what should I be looking at to get on a quiver instead?

Thanks for any help.
I would like to thank you very much for creating this build. Personally I have never been able to kill Shaper, but with this build it became possible! Here is a video of my first ever shaper kill! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKrRU4u4AC8
The future changes to Immortal Call caused a lot of discussions. It's a great change from game design point of view. Well, the elemental damage reduction can very easily be abused in some way (Jugg), but outside of that it's good change (no more easy mitigation against porcupines). New Steelskin active skill might very easily be overall defensive buff for this build. Won't say anything besides that, as the usefulness of both IC and Steelskin is heavily based on numbers.

Also, new Chieftain looks awesome to me. Would love to make a niche build using it.

"
deimudda69 wrote:
Spoiler
Im planning on playing your excellent written build as my starter in legion, despite declared as the "melee league" (yeah, right. Melee in a hack and slash game, lulz)

Just want to ask: Im not a hc player, and your guide is marked in the title as HC. Do i have to do some adjustments for a more "yolo" version or is it fine nontheless?

Dont get me wrong, dying sucks in SC too, but im ok with ripping at red elder or shaper if i can get a significant boost in dps/qol/whatever in addition.

"
PattyWin wrote:
Same here! These 5 nodes are really worth taking. The increase in damage over time is immense.

I already mentioned not long ago, jewels are always better. The increase in damage is not worth it compared to losing big chunk of life that could potentially save your life (and trust me, it saved me more than enough times). There's plenty of ways to increase damage if you're only willing it. There's only few ways to increase life pool.

Primary reason you feel the difference is mostly the fact you haven't got all rather easy damage upgrades yet.

"
Trash_Man wrote:
Spoiler
New player here on the PS4.

I've recently read that the PS4 does not support the piercing mechanic. Can anyone else confirm this and if so is it ok to drop the piercing nodes and what should I be looking at to get on a quiver instead?

Thanks for any help.

Already heard of the pierce usefulness due to aiming "issues". The best way to deal with this is to ditch pierce nodes on passive tree and use Efficacy support instead of Concentrated Effect. That should increase AoE at cost of some damage, which is slightly off-set by not having to use pierce nodes.

Penetrating Arrow Quiver base is still the best. You will once in a while pierce a monster who's charging at you, effectively increasing the AoE. None of the other quiver bases are useful in any way.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Thanks for the reply and the suggestions.
Last edited by Trash_Man on May 31, 2019, 4:14:23 PM
Hi. First, I would like to thank you for making a bow build with good damage and survivability, I tried many ranger builds but this is the only one I actually feel relaxed, usually I am the last man standing when there is a monster with crazy mods.

I have 2 questions

First, what do you think about this Kintsugi as an extra layer of security? Making one with 6L was too expensive so I gave up on extra damage for frenzy, which is used only for applying curse anyways.

Second, what would be your ultimate bow mods with all these new patches? Sorry I missed it if you mentioned it somewhere before.
Last edited by Yhuli on Jun 3, 2019, 12:30:22 AM
Hey, thanks for the build! Read it through, though not tried yet. :)
Would you advise it as a starter build for legion on SC? Always played casters and summoners in poe, so looking for smth fresh^^ I’m gonna play a lot for the first week, then close to nothing for a month, so i wonder if it’s enough time to get going and ideally breeze through red maps with this build.
Thus considering going life version of it and raider ascendancy for speed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info