[3.10] From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide

"

Yes of course it's bad because we don't scale elemental damage at all. And now that elemental part can be resisted by bosses since we don't have any pen either. So you don't do any extra damage but also now some of it gets wasted.

Alright Thanks. I thought that maybe if the conversion happened at the end (of the damage equation) it wouldn't matter much since there's no vulnerability or something. But it all makes sense now, thanks.
So I am stuck, and have no idea what I am doing wrong. Most people say they are clearing all content. I can barely survive red maps and bosses just destroy me. I don't know how to post my gear but...can someone help?
"
KbearForLife wrote:
So I am stuck, and have no idea what I am doing wrong. Most people say they are clearing all content. I can barely survive red maps and bosses just destroy me. I don't know how to post my gear but...can someone help?

Just make your profile public instead of private and everyone can look at your character and help
Sorry apparently hidden by default. Let me update with this post. I hit a headhunters this league and sold it. I have basically unlimited currency and want to finish all content. I have a belly and still am under 6k life....
You can get more life on all of your gear. Start by divining the Belly. 33% is too low. Your gloves have no life, no attack speed and barely any resistance. At least they have accuracy. Your rings are mediocre. Look for high life added phys and resists, not elemental stuff. You can get much better amulet too. You can also get a lot more resists on your boots to ease the requirements on your other gear. You can get better jewels too. Don't look for elemental damage. Also get better claws. And finally lose the mana flask. Now that you have a lot of money it'll be easy to do all that. If you really wanna spend big look for the watcher's eye that I mention in the jewel section.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Sorry apparently hidden by default. Let me update with this post. I hit a headhunters this league and sold it. I have basically unlimited currency and want to finish all content. I have a belly and still am under 6k life....

You say I can get more life on my gear...well should I be overcapping? Why should I take ele resists on boots/gloves if I am already capped?

Sorry if I sound like a noob, I am still trying to learn this vast game.
The boots, helmet and belt are the main sources of resists. The more you have there the less you need on rings, amulet, gloves, jewels. That leaves room for more damage stats.

It's better to have 40% on one item than to have 20% on two. Getting good tier stats as much as possible means you can get other things too, like damage stats.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Last edited by Aias_o_Telamonios on Jun 11, 2018, 6:09:27 AM
Hi, I'm running this build as a starter this league and just hit level 70 yesterday. Leveling felt a little underwhelming but now its kinda getting a little fun. I'm around 3.2k HP and probably why feels a little squishy and although I don't die a lot, I do have to kite some bosses around if I get crit too often. My damage is starting to increase as well now. Can you please take a look at my build and suggest some improvements or things that I'm doing wrong ? I'm very new to POE as well (less than 2 months) and I want to be able to farm maps/uber lab and other bosses with this char.

Your help is appreciated.
OK... so i know this is probably going to annoy everyone. But I am a brand new player and barely know what I'm doing. I made it to 37 with Shadow Spectral Throw build, but it really didn't fit my play style and I followed a guide... ish but I barely knew what I was doing. This build seems right for me but I don't understand: everything being said, what to look up to understand the basics, and what to do start using this build and become more comfortable with the game in general. Any basic tips will help, and I appreciate the feedback.
still actual?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info