[3.1]Shaper Down on budget 4-link –That Poet's Pen(“instant leech”_Glacial Cascade & Firestorm 2in1)

"
jklfivetwo wrote:
Hey im really interested in this build, but could you please provide a PoB link for it instead. The passive tree interface on pathofexile.com doesnt provide the extended information I need to feel confident in going with the build.

Was just about to ask for a PoB Link.
PoB won't tell you how much dps you're doing, but you can import my profile - char name is Old__Spice if you want to see an Inquisitor version and work it out yourself.

What I will say is that the survivability is insane - I can run into a massive pack of cannot be damaged mobs in a red smothering/no leech map and my hp won't move whilst standing still and doing nothing.
IGN :HanBolo
Last edited by Jarex on Feb 8, 2018, 12:56:13 AM
"
Jarex wrote:
PoB won't tell you how much dps you're doing, but you can import my profile - char name is Old__Spice if you want to see an Inquisitor version and work it out yourself.

What I will say is that the survivability is insane - I can run into a massive pack of cannot be damaged mobs in a red smothering/no leech map and my hp won't move whilst standing still and doing nothing.

I dont know much about GC, so I was wondering what should my tooltip DPS display for me to feel confident in it? Im currently at 9k and was wondering if that was fine. Firestorm at 1.8k. Also I didnt add the CWDT with firestorm yet so that could be an upgrade.

And ill be sure to check yours out. I Decided to do some weird Occultist variation with deodres skin... lol but other than the fact that im using ES rather than life everything else is the same. (Using ES gained on hit watchers eye)
"
jklfivetwo wrote:
"
Jarex wrote:

I dont know much about GC, so I was wondering what should my tooltip DPS display for me to feel confident in it? Im currently at 9k and was wondering if that was fine. Firestorm at 1.8k. Also I didnt add the CWDT with firestorm yet so that could be an upgrade.

And ill be sure to check yours out. I Decided to do some weird Occultist variation with deodres skin... lol but other than the fact that im using ES rather than life everything else is the same. (Using ES gained on hit watchers eye)

With only hatred buffed in hideout, my GC tooltip is 33,500 and FS 4,150.

If I look at PoB and turn on my buffs and flasks - lvl 6 Arcane Surge, Frostbomb, Atziri's Promise, diamond and sulphur flask my avg GC hit vs Shaper is 62000 and Firestorm 10850

With my 4.82 APS - GC does 62000*4.82 = 300k dps vs Shaper

Firestorm DPS is trickier to be certain of - Avg hit of 10850 * Number of Stacks * Number of Times a single stack will hit Shaper

After 1 sec I'll have 4.82 stacks, 2 sec 9.64, 3 sec 14.46 stacks, Max number of stacks after 3.7 secs = 18 stacks

The answer I don't know is how many times a single stack of firestorm will hit a single boss mob like shaper - someone out there probably has an answer if they'd care to chip in.

I'm only at red maps upto T14 and so far everthing melts before I get close to a 3 sec fight
Oh, CWDT Firestorm won't add much to dps but it'll basically make you unkillable except to one shots
"
Jarex wrote:
"
jklfivetwo wrote:
"
Jarex wrote:

If I look at PoB and turn on my buffs and flasks - lvl 6 Arcane Surge, Frostbomb, Atziri's Promise, diamond and sulphur flask my avg GC hit vs Shaper is 62000 and Firestorm 10850

Firestorm DPS is trickier to be certain of - Avg hit of 10850 * Number of Stacks * Number of Times a single stack will hit Shaper

After 1 sec I'll have 4.82 stacks, 2 sec 9.64, 3 sec 14.46 stacks, Max number of stacks after 3.7 secs = 18 stacks

The answer I don't know is how many times a single stack of firestorm will hit a single boss mob like shaper - someone out there probably has an answer if they'd care to chip in.

I'm only at red maps upto T14 and so far everthing melts before I get close to a 3 sec fight

Hi Jarex, thanks for helping on the case! :D Your stats are close to OP's stats and they are a great reference to other players. The tool tip shown in POB for GC and FS are around 60k and 10k for OP as well. Without knowing the mechanisms a player may feel scammed by simply looking at such small numbers lol.

For GC, it normally hits at least twice per cast. Therefore your GC's DPS would be 600k against Shaper.

For Firestorm, it is a bit tricky. It is easier to calculate the damage based on "damage per cast", instead of "damage per second" because the damage ramps up after a certain cast time. It can hit around 6-8 times per cast on average on a monster of the size of your stash box. So your FS's DPS is around 400k against Shaper.

In total your DPS against Shaper is around 1 million. It's even more on regular bosses. Therefore nothing survives your hits for 3 sec below T16. :D

Sorry OP can't play much recently. Will try to update the guide later.
Last edited by loonger on Feb 9, 2018, 3:05:28 AM
"
Jarex wrote:
If you have the budget, go for Kaom's Heart as you don't really need lots of gem links -

Mine are

Frenzy - GMP- Faster Attacks - Power Carge on Crit

why gmp linked with frenzy may i ask?
Last edited by Drvi34 on Feb 8, 2018, 11:23:39 AM
"
Jarex wrote:
"
jklfivetwo wrote:
"
Jarex wrote:

WOW 33k DPS?? thats rediculous.. Ill definitely PoB you lol
"
Drvi34 wrote:
"
Jarex wrote:
If you have the budget, go for Kaom's Heart as you don't really need lots of gem links -

Mine are

Frenzy - GMP- Faster Attacks - Power Carge on Crit

why gmp linked with frenzy may i ask?

20% quality GMP gives 10% increased attack speed which helps me get to almost 5 attacks per second ( I have 25% cooldown recovery on gear )

It also "helps" sustain frenzy and power charges whilst mapping - I say it "helps" because you usually kill mobs with glacial cascade or firestorm before frenzy or PcoC procs - Against a single mob you can aim in the general direction without needing to specifically target it to sustain charges.
Last edited by Jarex on Feb 8, 2018, 11:51:47 AM
So, A massively good leveling unique

Heatshiver

Throw it on at Level 20 and just watch as everything melts, even faster.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info