Developer Interview: Felipe - Visual Effects

"
Odai wrote:
"
KATAPLEXIA wrote:
"
YordansRage wrote:
That's cool, but I am more interested into interview with the guy which totally killed my fun of this game, and the fun of thousands other guys with the killing the witches, CI and ES.

As well I would like to read an interview with the guy which decided that PoE should be a "balanced game".

Way to dress your own opinion. Games change, they evolve - the meta changes, it's necessary. Ever heard of Magic the Gathering? Go and read up about how they balance that game and you might start to actually understand this 'balance' that you speak of.

Nice article and great work Felipe.

MTG is a PvP game of course that should be balanced. I am with Yordan on this, i want to smash and dominate enemies and bosses after a certain amount of time i spend with my charakter (passive tree and so on) and not look up guides and follow the meta what's "op" at the moment to clear everything in the game.

Each skillgem (damage and of course with a suitable passive tree and equip) should be able to be carry you to all the content the game has to offer, if thats not possible then something is wrong.

PoE got very very elitist over the years or at least for me and i just don't have the time to follow everything that's going on. I hardly have enough time to do the challange leagues, which is sad because it's the most enyojable part for me to try out all the new stuff, but then i allways get sad because either the new skills are not good enough to get me to the endgame and the challanges get harder and harder each league and even more of a grind then before. GGG really i have a Job and in am a casual hwo needs about 1 month to get to level 90 (if i can reach it at all)

Lol the game got elitist over the years? Nah more like, it has gotten QoL improvements and more streamlined and beginner friendly over the years, so it's vice versa to what you're saying imo. The old PoE was way harder, so dunno where you're coming from with that :D

Also if it takes you a month to get to 90, then maybe this isn't the game for you? I mean you can't expect the game to cater to your (1 person's) needs. You need too adapt to the game. Games catering too much to the ubercasuals is what ruined many of them. I mean you want everything to be changed for everyone, cos you only play 1 map per day or smth lol?

It's like going to a football game, which you know has the potential to last over 2 hours and you sit down and say: "i only have 10 minutes, make it fast!". Cmon man xD

Nice read btw, i wonder though how much performance is taken into account when creating visuals :p
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Last edited by Paldamus on Jan 15, 2018, 5:44:18 AM
Nice!
finally now i know who is responsible for the overthetop effects of this game.. since 2013.

where partying in maps is a horrible experience due to not being able to see a bloody thing.

cheers.. i curse your name.

everyone has their point of view.. right ?
Cool Story ;)
SP33D Always in my veins...
Vai Corinthians! =P
I find it interesting that all the positive replies are supporters and the one negative reply i see is from someone that hasn't even donated to this game.
This story is amazing. Congratulations for your success, Felipe!

(Just saw the message above, I am a good supporter too...)
Last edited by TrichocereusSP on Jan 15, 2018, 7:06:01 AM
HUE KCETA!!!!
"
Elementchaos wrote:
I find it interesting that all the positive replies are supporters and the one negative reply i see is from someone that hasn't even donated to this game.

Some people like to leave their support titles off. :)
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Cool !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info