Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

How does the RNG work on Path of Exile?

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Nonsense. I just got a drop from a normal mob in a normal area that generated an extremely rare item. Understanding how random behavior works has nothing to do with my drop. Gods have nothing to do with it. Random stuff happens all the time. It's only when people start trying to say WHY random stuff happened that we get nonsense like this.

Extremely rare events trigger something in the human brain. They compare the likelihood of that happening to the likelihood that there really are gods controlling our destinies and come to the wrong conclusion. It's natural. It needs to be fought with knowledge and understanding.

Look Shags, I know you have a Kadaka shrine. You know you have a Kadaka shrine. We both know you use the Kadaka shrine to establish dominance over the SSF economy. The jig is up dude, it’s time to come clean.
It works against you.
How it works is you get fucked 99% of the time until that 1% you don't. Pretty "sticky" between carrot and stick.
Git R Dun!
"
DTD_Hiro wrote:
At the RL gathering in SF I asked Chris if he'd be willing to discuss how the game determines randomly generated loot. What decisions were made when, as far as loot dropping, etc.

He was not inclined to divulge than information.

He did share some interesting information about cyclone and why it needed to be nerfed. I do not believe it ever was.

Why did he say cyclone needs nerf? Its one of worst multiplier ~66% when other melee run twice that let alone broken shit like Flurry. ot only that first hit is 50% of 66%. I'd like to hear this one when hardley anyone is playing cyclone unless Nga buffed.
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
DTD_Hiro wrote:

He did share some interesting information about cyclone and why it needed to be nerfed. I do not believe it ever was.

Why did he say cyclone needs nerf? Its one of worst multiplier ~66% when other melee run twice that let alone broken shit like Flurry. ot only that first hit is 50% of 66%. I'd like to hear this one when hardly anyone is playing cyclone unless Nga buffed.

What has the best crit multipliers? It's fun to ram through crowds (even though I have not done that since Abyss)
Interesting thread.

I’ve noticed at times when a currency item drops, more currencies will sometimes drop near each other. I found this happens more times than not
"The problem with scrubcore is that it is full of of scrubs"
- King Edward the Longshanks
I love the salty responses from people who refuse to admit that it might not even be that random, we have no idea how the stuffs divided or anything about the system whatsoever for all we know they could give you a base luck on character creation, it could be in tiers like diablo 2, it could be totally random with cloud statics who the fuck knows.

But don't pretend that it not being that random is a dumber idea than it being random, considering we have zero information both are speculation.
3 weeks of being shat on by rngezus this league then 4 exalt drops yesterday(no seriously 4 in 1 day like wtf).
So basicly suffer for 99% of the time played and then that sweet sweet carrot at the end of all that pain and frustration.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
first of all i am not 100% sure but from what i have watched and heard rng is not completly random in poe so if you get a unique leather belt (considering leather belt have 6 uniques) it wont be a chance of 1\6 of getting a leather belt and it have logic of price of the rarest itens would drop rly low considering thousands of people like to chance. and have lots of chancing video that happen exatly that when the guy chanced 15 20 or more unique belts and got 10 wurms some other 10 of useless leather belts and no hh when theoricly following the rng should got 3 or 4
Being "random" doesn't mean that six things necessarily have equal chances of occurring.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info